DCS: A-10C Warthog

Namenlos Ein

There have been some minor screenshots on the DCS homepage (russian) showed cockpit details etc. We don't need anything else at the moment until they're up and running fully.

It's safe to assume and it's been stated by moderators that nothing will really come in regarding HOG until the summer...spring just sprung so just need to give em some time ;)

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But for sure after BS its obvious how amazing A10 will be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I could be wrong and nothing at ALL against the KA-50, but I would assume off NO other research than my own basic knowledge that (in North America at least) more people know about the A-10 more than the KA-50. A-10 with the level of detail demonstrated in the KA-50 would do VERY well commercially.

LOVE the KA-50 though...I'll love it well beyond DCS module number 6 ;)

Well, depends really. It's also entirely possible that a lot of people go "meh... another A-10 eh? Been there..." and then they see black shark and go "WTF is that? Wait, that's a REAL thing? OMG I just have to try that!"

Multiple sides to all stories. :)

That said, I do also think that the A-10 has the odds in it's favor - in the west.

We need to remember that Russia is a big market and I've even seen clips of what would appear to be an Airwolf-esque TV series featuring the Ka-50. So who knows, you might have the entire russian 1970's and 80's generations drooling over BS the way I would drool over an Airwolf sim with added claims of being genuine hardware.

(That said, I have made a couscious effort to not ever watch Airwolf again. I did that mistake with Space: Above and Beyond and god damn it was shit. :P )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Man, say it ain't so! I watch Airwolf AND old Knight Rider (new Knight Rider is garbage, of course) on Hulu all the time. I still love it. And I still find episodes I missed or forgot (exception of the Sin-jin seasons...those were crap).

If someone made a quality sim of Airwolf I'd own it in a heartbeat. But I have to believe we just wouldn't be impressed today. But if someone made a hard-core Airwolf, 2-man required kind of thing...that would be pretty sweet.

And PS I'm a hard core fan of the US military. Always have been since a child. But the KA-50 BLOWS MY MIND. I think I'm still a jet jockey at heart, but I've found a new home in this seat. Time will tell, and new graphics engines, etc may sway someone one way or the other, but even with all that is to come I could really, really see myself making the Shark cockpit a "permanent place of residence".

Of course, I'll still own every DCS module. That are all too tastey to avoid it.

Edited by Smoky

Yeah I couldnt' say for sure on the Russian market, the first Russian helo's I became aware of are the MI-24 and then MI-28. I would have taken any helo with the level of detail. Hell I would fly UH-1's with troops as long as it was modeled in the DCS fashion heheh.

There could never be enough A-10 sim's in my opinion. Especially ones with the level of detail DCS produces. LOMAC's A-10 doesn't simulate all the targeting details, data link etc A-10's use...so the new sim is going to take A-10's to the next level no doubt.

It would be cool to have the SU-25T as a module...having some shark pilots call in a SEAD strike from human pilots would be a nice implementation of teamwork.

I guess we can do that with HOG though...Turkish KA's calling in air support from A-10's.....*drools*.

I would enjoy both sides of that equation!

Does DCS development need private investors??? LOL PM me

Edited by element1108

If I understand correctly that is the idea...these modules should be able to connect together in multiplayer. At least I hope so. That was Gilman Louie's vision when he started Spectrum Holobyte and produced the first Falcon, except he was far ahead of his time and neither pc resources nor bandwidth could support what he wanted, which was an ArmA-type environment with infantry, mechanized divisions, and air support, but using simulations with the depth of Falcon.

If the DCS series can pull this off then as far as I'm concerned gaming will have reached it's pinnacle.

I think I am more looking forward to the apache with co-op play in the same chopper :) if i want to play an A-10 i will load Lock-On for that :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I think I am more looking forward to the apache with co-op play in the same chopper :)

That will be awesome, i will definitely go online. The future has unlimited possibility's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I think I am more looking forward to the apache with co-op play in the same chopper :) if i want to play an A-10 i will load Lock-On for that :)

if you really think this, then you haven't yet understood what the Digital Combat Simulator Series means to be :)

that's like saying you don't want to buy rFacor, because if you want to drive a racecar, you load up super mario kart on the SNES ;)

Democracy is choice, not freedom...

"We finishing soon flight model [of the A-10C]… and after that you'll start treat BS like a child play."

So you are telling me that they say in russian that there previous sim sucked before it is even released in the shops. Nice try pal ;)

And why should they release the A-10, because it was also available in lockon. So the mainstream simmer(:pilotfly:) is like. Hmm i'm paying just as much for a package that contains multiple aircraft including the A-10 as I am for the A-10 separately.

:doh:

And last but not least. I amen't linked to a website with the releasedate. But to the DCS website wich says A-10 warthog so I am starting to think that this is a joke...

So you are telling me that they say in russian that there previous sim sucked before it is even released in the shops. Nice try pal ;)

And why should they release the A-10, because it was also available in lockon. So the mainstream simmer(:pilotfly:) is like. Hmm i'm paying just as much for a package that contains multiple aircraft including the A-10 as I am for the A-10 separately.

:doh:

And last but not least. I amen't linked to a website with the releasedate. But to the DCS website wich says A-10 warthog so I am starting to think that this is a joke...

A-10 is next because the info is readily available and will make the development slightly easier than another module (military contract the company had previous).

To compare DCS A-10 to the LOMAC series shouldn't be entered into the equation at this point. The avionics and flight model are nowhere NEAR the level of detail that will be simulated in the DCS series.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?lang=ru&end_pos=2320&scr=default

I don't' see those modeled in lomac ;)

And this discussion is going ..... well ..... nowhere?!

Please PM each other ;)

Hehe ... but in the meantime I jump in :P

Just for PR-reasons (and just an idea): can *all* switches in the cockpit be made interactive/click-able?! ... Yes, it sounds really stupid, but it is so much clearer to state: "all switches are fully interactive and are modeled after the real cockpit".

It sounds way weaker if one has to state that "almost all" switches are modeled/interactive :-(

... just an idea .. would look much better at the box-text and would be true for the Ka-50 at least ... or does the virtual pilot really feels the difference about the (non)ventilated cockpit??! ;)

basic

for translators ...

Sure!!

I fully understand the "wtf, why buttons with no effect" - reasoning ... but I understand that as fan of flight-simulators.

Imagine someone with (almost) no background picking up the box!

IMHO there is a huge psychological difference between "all" and "almost all" (yes, "almost" is a stretchy word, especially when it comes from ads and "promises" made by PR) ...

And just that was my point: switches are a cheap effect (at least compared to some other stuff): a click-sound and an additional button (there are plenty of those already!)... and off you go with a "fully interactive cockpit, modeled after the real Ka-50's cockpit, with all the buttons in it" ;)

Anyway, just me "thinking" .... :lol:

basic

for translators ...

• 3 weeks later...

Ah now why did you have to go and do that Dave? Now I just wet myself thinking of what is going to be............ DAMN IT DAVE!

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

And who is Total Inmersion Software? I thought TFC/ED did that A-10dts for government, but now seems is TFC/Total Inmersion. I'm confused XD

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

TIS made the ground (shooter) component, if I recall correctly.

http://www.totimm.com/ground_scenario.html

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It's worth having a look at the site for the commpany that ED is sub-contracting this work from. DARPA is paying them to integrate sims at all levels of the battlefield into a seamless training environment..

The Infantry Sim(FPS) + Flight Sim + Armour + Naval Simulator...

Cheers.

Aye. I so want something like that. Imagine an ArmA but with DCS-level fidelity. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester