EA 20th July Or July 2023 - From the Official Cold Start Video

AhSoul

13 minutes ago, Viking 1-1 said:

What I don't get is:

We bought it for "early access". This means that we will get a product, that is not done and will develop over time. Fine. That's what I get when I purchase EA.

What I wonder:

Why is the module good enough for YouTubers, but not good enough for the people that paid for it?

Will all the videos be worthless since there are a lot of changes coming? Then why show those videos?

Will there be no big changes? Then why don't deliver the module to the people supporting the project by paying early?

Because they don't need to they have your money.....that's it really they have no commitment to you other than they said its coming, its the biggest pop corn show in DCS this one 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BuLLeT.ZA said:

Not that I don't agree with you, but releasing to a few Youtubers is very different from releasing to the general public.

But we are not the general public. We are the ones that supported the module early by pre-ordering in EA. And therefore we should know that there will be problems and missing features 😉

• Like 2

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

You are the general public, and you've "supported the module" by paying less for it. There are no entitlements here. 

I'm sorry to be blunt but there is a need to accept the terms of the deal here, or learn the hard way that the terms of the deal will never be better than this. 

A vendor could offer some kind of supporter tier where you pay more and then do get access to inside benefits. But that was never promised here, so having those sort of expectations is just setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Edited by Ich Dien
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ich Dien said:

You are the general public, and you've "supported the module" by paying less for it. There are no entitlements here. 

I'm sorry to be blunt but there is a need to accept the terms of the deal here, or learn the hard way that the terms of the deal will never be better than this. 

A vendor could offer some kind of supporter tier where you pay more and then do get access to inside benefits. But that was never promised here, so having those sort of expectations is just setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Yes, I know and I'm aware.

My post is more like a reminder for Razbam how to communicate and how to interact with people that paid for it already.

Just imagine no one would buy a pre-purchase. Funding of projects would be tough with no income...

• Like 1

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Viking 1-1 said:

We bought it for "early access". This means that we will get a product, that is not done and will develop over time. Fine. That's what I get when I purchase EA.

you bought into a pre-order,

early access comes once it is released to the public. 

The Pre-order discount gives you 30% discount, you get to support the team before release. 

If you bought into early access it would be 20% discount. 

I understand it is frustrating waiting for release, and yes it can take some time, but I would suggest if waiting for pre-order is not something you like you should have waited and purchased the early access instead you would still be supporting the dev team and it is appreciated. 

thank you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

25 minutes ago, Viking 1-1 said:

Yes, I know and I'm aware.

My post is more like a reminder for Razbam how to communicate and how to interact with people that paid for it already.

Just imagine no one would buy a pre-purchase. Funding of projects would be tough with no income...

RAZBAM have been developing the Mudhen for over 4 years now? Pre-order money has only be coming in for the last 4 months. 

You are not giving them your charity. You're buying a product. Don't sell yourself short on that one. 

Obviously you don't get my point, most likely because I'm not a native speaker.

• Like 1

Your pre-order money isn't supporting development any more than the money of someone who buys at Christmas. 

Yes, Razbam need cash flow like any business. But they have 3 modules and a map on sale to provide that Cashflow. 

They aren't indebted to you, and you aren't indebted to them. It's just a transaction. 

Edited by Ich Dien
  • Thanks 1

🍿
It is out when it is out i guess 🙂

• Like 4

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will just drop this here.
May be an image of text that says "#f-15e-strike-eagle RAZBAM Helljumper Today at4:15PM We never said it was early June RAZBAM Helljumper Today PM Early June was the intended release date"

but it is FUNNY as hell.
Even some youtubers have decided to stop posting content because of this mess.
one would think with every clown and his poedel getting a copy its close to release. not another 2 months off.
BUT allas, it is this dev, and this module. one marred with controversy and fumbles.

We would think ED had learnt their lesson after the viper.
Take a page out of that other dev working on a most wanted module. shut it till its ready, then release stuff. but NO!

Now its a game of he said they said.

• Like 6

They're possibly right in what they say there though. They never told us the date was early June, but sounds like it was the intended date.

So they let the preview videos start to come out etc. to build the hype. THEN I think RB/ED took the decision to push the date for whatever reason.

Which is crap since the previews have started with suddenly another month or two to go to release.

I can't say for certain if the above is true, but it's what it feels like......

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

5 minutes ago, AhSoul said:

They're possibly right in what they say there though. They never told us the date was early June, but sounds like it was the intended date.

So they let the preview videos start to come out etc. to build the hype. THEN I think RB/ED took the decision to push the date for whatever reason.

Which is crap since the previews have started with suddenly another month or two to go to release.

I can't say for certain if the above is true, but it's what it feels like......

If they decided to push then they probably found a serious bug. They caught so much crap, and rightly so, for the mirage and harrier releases I fully understand they want this release to go down well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I wrote, Sinai map will be the first 😅 next break for F-15E ;).

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, SouthernCross said:

image.png

So Sinai is the reason ED proposed the delay?

If it's true, another <profanity> storm coming in hot.

If the delay is not caused from module technical reasons, but some other reason that cannot be shared by third party developers, that is curious indeed. A little transparency would be appreciated.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wacko_ZA said:

I will just drop this here.
May be an image of text that says "#f-15e-strike-eagle RAZBAM Helljumper Today at4:15PM We never said it was early June RAZBAM Helljumper Today PM Early June was the intended release date"

but it is FUNNY as hell.
Even some youtubers have decided to stop posting content because of this mess.
one would think with every clown and his poedel getting a copy its close to release. not another 2 months off.
BUT allas, it is this dev, and this module. one marred with controversy and fumbles.

We would think ED had learnt their lesson after the viper.
Take a page out of that other dev working on a most wanted module. shut it till its ready, then release stuff. but NO!

Now its a game of he said they said.

the viper ? no i was fine with the viper. its the AH-64 delays that pissed me off. 

4 hours ago, Tenkom said:

If they decided to push then they probably found a serious bug. They caught so much crap, and rightly so, for the mirage and harrier releases I fully understand they want this release to go down well.

then they should clearly COMMUNICATE about it.

4 hours ago, Tenkom said:

1 hour ago, SouthernCross said:

image.png

So Sinai is the reason ED proposed the delay?

If it's true, another <profanity> storm coming in hot.

and yes, if ED is delaying the F-15 to sell their Sinai map, that I would purchase anyway, then i am even more furious at the whole ordeal.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

10 minutes ago, FZG_Immel said:

and yes, if ED is delaying the F-15 to sell their Sinai map, that I would purchase anyway, then i am even more furious at the whole ordeal.

That would be my guess, I don't think RB delayed it, IMHO I think ED told them to hold off, probably due to the Sinai map. 

19 hours ago, Ich Dien said:

Your pre-order money isn't supporting development any more than the money of someone who buys at Christmas. 

Yes, Razbam need cash flow like any business. But they have 3 modules and a map on sale to provide that Cashflow. 

They aren't indebted to you, and you aren't indebted to them. It's just a transaction. 

They also have a whole bunch of aircraft and maps for other games. 

Pre-orders aren't funding anything when there's many years of work prior to pre-order.

On 5/25/2023 at 12:34 AM, Ignition said:

I don't see any problem.

F-14B released 5 months after preorder at 70 dollars

AH-64D released 5 months after preorder

F-18C almost 5 months after preorder

F-15E preorder feb 17/july 17 5 months

The lengthy preorder period isn't really the issue here - the problem is the lack of communication from Razbam/ED. They're dropping hints and conflicting information about a possible release date - Ron's "Two Weeks" joke really threw a lot of people, who apparently weren't in on the joke, off. And then they go and release it to a whole bunch of YouTubers (through a quick serach I found 15 YouTubers who seem to have access to it) who are now flooding YouTube with Strike Eagle videos - the Grim Reapers alone have done ten videos on the Strike Eagle in the last week... And all the general public has to go on is a vague hint in a video that it might be released in July. A quick update on what's going on would clear up a whole lot of frustration.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

We have listened to a lot of feedback and concerns and it has been passed on to the teams. 

We will share the release date with you all once we are 100% sure of it.  

thank you

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2