RWR, Threat warning prime panel - Target Separation button

skywalker22

• ED Team

We are not going to keep going back and forth on this. 

If you have actual evidence that applies to our F-16 please DM me

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • ED Team

The TGT SEP function can only separate RWR symbols in a radial fashion, outward from the center. If the radar symbols are in "Search" mode along the outer ring of the RWR display, they cannot be separated outward any further.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

7 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

The TGT SEP function can only separate RWR symbols in a radial fashion, outward from the center. If the radar symbols are in "Search" mode along the outer ring of the RWR display, they cannot be separated outward any further.

TGT SEP functioning the way you are describing makes very little sense for exactly the reason you list: you can't separate outward for the vast majority of symbols that will be displayed. Especially when you consider that the primary use case is separating multiple search symbols on the same bearing.

Interestingly, what you describe is not separation "in a radial fashion", as you put it. 

Radial separation is defined as: 

"Given some central reference point A, the radial separation between locations X and Y is the number of degrees (or radians, if you prefer) in the angle XAY". 

TGT SEP behaving in this way makes it a lot more useful because it breaks out symbols on the same bearing. I'm curious now if the reference material being used said "radial" and that word was misunderstood somehow. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yaga said:

TGT SEP functioning the way you are describing makes very little sense for exactly the reason you list: you can't separate outward for the vast majority of symbols that will be displayed. Especially when you consider that the primary use case is separating multiple search symbols on the same bearing.

Interestingly, what you describe is not separation "in a radial fashion", as you put it. 

Radial separation is defined as: 

"Given some central reference point A, the radial separation between locations X and Y is the number of degrees (or radians, if you prefer) in the angle XAY". 

TGT SEP behaving in this way makes it a lot more useful because it breaks out symbols on the same bearing. I'm curious now if the reference material being used said "radial" and that word was misunderstood somehow. 

This.

• Like 1

Here we go again... seems that, until we won't find any proof how is this suppose to work IRL, we don't have any chance of ED fixing it. I've put lots of hours investigating, but so far no actual luck. If anyone else can provide anything... I hope someone gets lucky, and find something.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

I doubt its some magical info that we‘re missing, it‘s likely a question of how the avaliable info is interpreted. Even in the f-5 the rwr tgt sep button works better than the viper…

I know, we talked about it in the past, ED also knows that, its theirs aircraft afteall.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

I'm pretty much a n00b and my mate and  I have been learning the f-16 together.

My issue is I can't seem to figure out how to get the TGT SEP button to work on the RWR. I hit it and nothing happens.

Is this a bug, or something not added yet? Or hopefully, I am just doing something wrong and y'all know a fix?

Thanks!

Edited by Mollerz
  • Like 1