Apache (George Pilot) ability to steady hover is very poor

mdee

This is still an issue for me. Very little to no wind, I can hold a hover manually perfectly fine, and hand him the trimmed controls, and he begins to wobble. Going from 40kts (where he can hold the heading fine) and reducing to 0kts also does not work.. Makes it very frustrating to play alone.

wobble

• Like 1

I have to agree with the others, George as Pilot is now unusable at speeds < 40kts since 2.9 - previous versions have been fine, but with the latest patch, George massively over-controls the rudder resulting in oscilations in yaw in the hover, resulting in weapon employment issues.

Below is my example; this is done with an admittedly moderate wind (about 20kts at the surface and 40kts at altitude), but the results are similar, and sometimes even worse, with benign winds. Track attached.

Heading Oscillations in winds.trk

Edited by ThatSillyGinge
  • Like 1

Il 4/11/2023 at 19:01, Antix70 ha scritto:

The way I've been doing it is as follows: I fly to within 20km of my target, then I switch to front seat and get everything ready, George holds the course to the waypoint perfectly, once I'm close I command George to slow to 40kts, which he does just fine, no oscillations, once I'm within firing range, I order George to 0kts, here's where loses his friggin mind, as soon as we've stopped, and have a nice hover, the oscillations begin.

I have tried to switch back the Pilot, and correct the issue, but the swapping of seats is still messy, and as soon as I move my controls, I have to begin the recovery required for just the seat swap. I don't believe there is a way to switch to front seat, put George in a hover, and switch back to pilot and keep it in a hover, or maybe there is a way and I just suck.

The same for me..i stopped to use the apache..is frustrating

• Like 1

21 час назад, Lord Vader сказал:

Hi @Edward3018

The work in improving and enhancing George is still undergoing. I can't give you any estimates, sorry.

The best way to follow the updates on each module is to read our changelogs. 

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Apache is very fun heli in DCS. Thansks a lot for this crarf. Please don't stop working under it. 
We all look forward fixing this bug. May be in next update 🙂

Disregard somewhat sloppy flying, I couldn't bother to set my controls for this short flight, but take a look at my track.

No issues first 2 times, 3rd time I crashed.

Only difference is controls position when I switched back to pilot seat. As soon as you move your controls Apache controls will go to where your physical controls are. Set them up where they should be for that flight regime, or close by, and you will be fine.

Apache test.trk

Edited by admiki

Here is a track from me with the same issue as above. As soon as i jump into CGP seat, George starts his oscilations in yaw in the hover. 

When you look at the controls window, you can see the rudder "shoot" in position

george issue.trk

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

Hmm, I always have been very understanding and supportive in the development of the AH-64, I do understand, it's still wip. Since 2.9 I can't use the module anymore without beeing annoyed by the skills George displays. As I fly alone, I really need him to perform to get anything done in a serious manner. So please fix this somehow sneeked in bug asap. My AH-64 is grounded 😔🤕

McDan out

• Like 2

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

If we at least could command a lower minimum speed than 40 knots.
I figure it would be manageable to command 10 knots.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• 4 weeks later...

Can somebody please report how it is after the patch today? I am away, can't test. Thank you 

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

2 hours ago, McDaniel said:

Can somebody please report how it is after the patch today? I am away, can't test. Thank you 

So far I can't make George to hover in full stop, and switching to CP/G after doing it personally, I can see the George sooner or later falls down getting  into the VRS in meanwhile.

• Like 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Looks like George is still unable to hover when there's a wind in the mission after switching from the backseat. When in the backseat I bring it to hover with no issues (with or without ATT HOLD mode engaged), then after switching to the front seat George immediately turns aside, can't align. The only workaround for now it seems is to request control right after switching to the front seat then hover manually. Attached track just in case, can someone confirm please? I could have put too strong wind, but again I have no issues to hover when doing it manually.

apache_george_wind_29.trk

Edited by lester
  • Like 2

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

8 hours ago, McDaniel said:

He is still oscilating left/right in a hovercraft. Issue is not fixed

When in CP/G seat and looking down, you can see the pedals being constantly moved aswell, like George is over compensating for something

Edited by Falconeer
  • Like 2

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• ED Team

We have noticed a left and right swing in the hover and I have asked the team to take a look. 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2