Full DCS: F-4E Phantom II Store Description

IronMike

9 hours ago, IronMike said:

I need to verify, I will get back to you on that.

I was going to ask the same. i held off from preorder from HB website in favor of ED store in hopes of accumulating miles

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

5 hours ago, IronMike said:

My apologies, I had to verify, because I initially said this was ED's choice, but it is indeed ours.

Unfortunately we do not partake in the ED Miles programme at this time, as a loyalty programme bonus we do not have that many products exposed to it to take advantage and for it to be economically viable for us at the moment. We've tried to price the module as fairly as possible taking into account our development costs to make a complex simulation.

a quick check of ED store front shows both the Viggen and Tomcat are both partaking in the program, the phantom is the sole exception

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

7 hours ago, ngreenaway said:

a quick check of ED store front shows both the Viggen and Tomcat are both partaking in the program, the phantom is the sole exception

Sorry, maybe I was a bit unclear. With the F-4 of course, at this time, meaning before and for a good while after release. Once the modules have been released for a while, we increase partaking in sales, miles, etc. But with new modules we unfortunately cannot afford to partake in the miles programme.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

20 hours ago, IronMike said:

A simulated Crew Chief for a more immersive and complete startup procedure.

Any more details on that, please?

• Like 6

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

3 hours ago, draconus said:

Any more details on that, please?

An unwashed mechanic with an ever-present rag in this hands telling us what incompetent boobs we are for damaging HIS aircraft with our kindergarten flight skills.

• Like 6

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

It all sounds absolutely great.
But I am particularly interested in the following two points:

• A simulated Crew Chief for a more immersive and complete startup procedure.

• Later during early access, a brand new walkaround mode, allowing you to do pre-flight checks on your aircraft.

This is completely new and can add an incredible amount of immersion.
I hope for a good implementation

• Like 8

On 11/1/2023 at 4:19 PM, IronMike said:

We've tried to price the module as fairly as possible taking into account our development costs to make a complex simulation.

I went to the pre-order page after watching the video completely sure this was going to be the first DCS module trespassing the $100 barrier. It took me a few seconds to make sense of the unexplainable low price your web was showing. Once I was sure it wasn't some kind of mistake swiftly took my bank card out of my wallet and electronically sealed the deal. 🙂

• Like 4

21 hours ago, average_pilot said:

I went to the pre-order page after watching the video completely sure this was going to be the first DCS module trespassing the $100 barrier. It took me a few seconds to make sense of the unexplainable low price your web was showing. Once I was sure it wasn't some kind of mistake swiftly took my bank card out of my wallet and electronically sealed the deal. 🙂

Really ...

So based on your idea, of what would be a 'reasonable' price for the F-4E, let's say $100 ...

What would be for you, a reasonable price for the F-14 A/B module, considering the proportional amount of work, complexity, etc ? ... $180 ?

And then pay $100 again, if you want the naval variant of the F-4 Phantom II also ... how many people do you think are willing to spend those amounts of money ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

3 minutes ago, Top Jockey said:

Really ...

So based on your idea, of what would be a 'reasonable' price for the F-4E, let's say $100 ...

What would be for you, a reasonable price for the F-14 A/B module, considering the proportional amount of work, complexity, etc ? ... $180 ?

And then pay $100 again, if you want the naval variant of the F-4 Phantom II also ... how many people do you think are willing to spend those amounts of money ?

Between $2,500-$5,000 per license sounds 'reasonable'. Based on my idea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, average_pilot said:

Between $2,500-$5,000 per license sounds 'reasonable'. Based on my idea.

Seems very good, $5,000 allow you to buy MANY licences at current price ... which you can buy and offer to your friends, Christmas is comming and all that.

... just take the bank card out of your wallet and electronically seal the deal. 🤣

Sounds reasonable.

• Like 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

On 11/2/2023 at 4:40 PM, Germane said:

It all sounds absolutely great.
But I am particularly interested in the following two points:

• A simulated Crew Chief for a more immersive and complete startup procedure.

• Later during early access, a brand new walkaround mode, allowing you to do pre-flight checks on your aircraft.

This is completely new and can add an incredible amount of immersion.
I hope for a good implementation

I think the pilot-crew chief/ground personnel relationship is oft overlooked in these combat simulators. Only recently have we started to appreciate ground personnel's importance in carrier operations. I am glad HB will continue to expand on this. I personally would be thrilled to see people rummaging around beneath my aircraft.

With walkaround, I am not so sure.

The A2A Comanche for MSFS includes a very detailed walkaround which no doubt serves both the simming and the sim/RL student pilot very well, imparting important routines and lessons. Especially when those walkarounds let you check for things that may become a problem during flight (getting rid of the water in the fuel tanks. Stowing baggage properly. Feeling for free mov't of flight surfaces. And one day, checking for icing.) 
However as I read the "USAF Series F-4E" flight manual of 1979, pages "2-3"pp., the pilot conducts only a visual inspection of the exterior. To my mind an in-game inspection only has value insofar as it lets the player DO things (as is the case with the A2A Comanche), ie with influence over the parameters of the flight. I should be making an impact.

If we had CAMPAIGNS reflecting SQUADRONS and WINGS (with a roster of personnel and equipment), where my precious aircraft "703" is for the moment in the hands of the most rookie crew chief, then yes I might want to have a reeaaally good look for the wing lock indicator + a myriad other things before getting strapped in. But I do not find it appealing to hunt for mistakes that will never be there.

I hope this is not too far off topic or veering into discussion territory.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:40 AM, IronMike said:

Negative. Steam pre orders should follow soon!

@IronMikeAny news on this? I only see the "coming soon" on the F-4 in Steam.
I already preordered directly via heatblur for my sons non-steam rig. He's gonna tease me all day long if he get's his hands on the F-4 first, because his 'ole dad still waits for the F-4 on steam.

image.png

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

29 minutes ago, Buzzer1977 said:

@IronMikeAny news on this? I only see the "coming soon" on the F-4 in Steam.
I already preordered directly via heatblur for my sons non-steam rig. He's gonna tease me all day long if he get's his hands on the F-4 first, because his 'ole dad still waits for the F-4 on steam.

image.png

As long as they don't have an official release date it will say coming soon.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

On 11/18/2023 at 12:48 PM, Montykoro said:

@IronMike

Any chance to get the Steam pre order online? Stalker 2 have the release date for Q1 and the preorder is live like a year ago...

image.png

That's a full-fledged game. I recall (though I can't point you to where) someone saying during the strike eagle preorder that part of the reason they didn't do a steam period is that for a DLC, an exact date was needed, and they had so overhyped it for nearly 5 months, they didn't want to commit to anything solid nor tip their hand.

If that's at all true, it may be in play here where HB doesn't want to give a final date for the release until they're 100% sure they can keep to it, or may just release it altogether by that point. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Can you clarify your intentions regarding the F-4J? Will it come to those of us that have purchased the F-4E or will it come as a completely new module that needs to be purchased separately? 

It will be a separate purchase. Now whether you get a discount for owning the F-4E is another thing that probably won't be clarified until the naval Phantom actually get close to release.

• Like 1

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

• 2 months later...
Were and when do we / can we enter our pre-release licence keys purchased? I can't figure out where to enter this code. Is it too early?
You will receive another email explaining the procedure once its ready.
  • Like 1

Hello I preordered the module and had a redeem code.I have same account of dcs 2.9 one in my desktop computer and my laptop.

When I use my activation code on one of these two machines, will it be valid for the other one? Or do I need to install the other one in the same way after installing the first one, or is it enough to update DCS ın the second machine?