VSN F-9F(5) Panther EFM FC3

Hi guys.

Finally we have released the VSN F-9F(5) EFM/FC3 mod.

You can get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9p9k9kcvfq1f6f58mfxci/VSN_F9F-v2.8.7.101-FC3-EFM.7z?rlkey=y3vh1u5nl0kmyo4b01fl43sww&dl=0

or here

https://drive.filen.io/d/1a499758-63aa-43b8-8fdd-dea14cb467f7#VAvbNSmQojw7tOrfVJE07Ud0nYdqfRML

We would recommend to watch JP's trailer first, since it get's you in the mood to fly something a bit more "old fashioned" again. You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAhkj5CZwJ8

If something is not working correctly, feel free to post it here or ping me directly.

Have fun and enjoy flying the Panther 🙂

Cheers.

PeeJott.

Screen_230813_131700.jpg

Screen_230813_131816.jpg

Screen_230813_131949.jpg

Screen_230813_132112.jpg

Edited by PeeJott17
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Screen-231106-132443.jpg

Screen-231106-132459.jpg

Screen-231106-132506.jpg

Screen-231106-132508.jpg

• Like 5

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

May be a little explanation how to get going from the carrier:

When using the SuperCarrier it is pretty straight forward until you get to the launch part. When you "salut" you'll need to activate "waterinjection". Otherwise the cat will not launch.

As on all take-offs: Flaps stage 2 is a good idea 😉

When on the Forrestal:
1. roll to cat

2. lower launch-bar (launch-bar toggle)

3. connect to cat with the FC3 command for it (ship takeoff position or similiar)

4. wait till the cat is ready

5. flaps stage 2

6. engage waterinjection

7. off you go 😉

Waterinjection will only last some time, not very long. Right now, as a placeholder, we have afterburner-textures. If we stumble across something more fitting, we'll make a change.

For landing on carriers:

The hook will automatically retract aprox 2/10th of a second after the wheel made contact with the carrier deck. That was necessary to overcome a "not carrier friendly" FC3-coding-detail. That might lead to a "trapped" cable. So it is a good idea that once you are safely on the ship to press the "Hook" command once again to get free of the cable. And as always, do not brake when caught the cable 😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PeeJott17 said:

If you find a decent F-9f 3d-pit, give me a "ping" (of course only one ping 😉 ) We've been looking around and found nothing that would really fit 😞

What about the F-86 Sabre cockpit? Same era, single engine, similar gunsight and weapons

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PeeJott17 said:

Have fun and enjoy flying the Panther

Thank you, I love VSN mods 👍 … looking forward to that Carrier too 🙂 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 hours ago, Browny said:

What about the F-86 Sabre cockpit? Same era, single engine, similar gunsight and weapons

You can switch to that one IF you own the F86. 

We'll need to tweak that Version though, since cockpit Scripts don't work atm with that pit...a thing for the next Patch...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

`Stay tuned @crazyeddie

I have it on good authority the template is coming!

• Like 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

10 hours ago, PeeJott17 said:

We'll need to tweak that Version though, since cockpit Scripts don't work atm with that pit...a thing for the next Patch...

Yep that would be great, I have the F-86, if you can give an instruction for what we need to do, after you sort a patch, that'd be appreciated. No rush. Nice model...now where's my Mig...

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 9:33 AM, PeeJott17 said:

Would you be able to use your F104 Cockpit instead of the A-10?

On 11/7/2023 at 6:17 PM, fedelolgen said:

I found this. Maybe can work or not. 3d model made for another soft. Looks good.

https://vertigostudios.co.uk/product/f9f-panther/   its not free.

If work then have a full module for dcs

That is good one. I'll give those guys a ping. Thanks for the heads up 🙂

10 hours ago, XpRiV said:

Would you be able to use your F104 Cockpit instead of the A-10?

Yes but that won't look too good...

• Like 2