Patch Notes discussion November 2023

BIGNEWY

• ED Team
39 minutes ago, DAZnBLAST said:

Unfortunately, no flickering fix in this build 😞

When will this be fixed?? IMO destroys immersion!

no fix yet, team still working on it sadly. Hopefully soon

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the update BN

• Thanks 1

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

• ED Team
Just now, HC_Official said:

Has the Multiplayer issues been resolved yet ? I dont see any text at the top that says bug is still present

still present, team continue to work on it. When we have a fix it will be in the change log 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

still present, team continue to work on it. When we have a fix it will be in the change log 

thanks

then it might be prudent to update this new patch notes the same way the last one was eg

image.png

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

then it might be prudent to update this new patch notes the same way the last one was eg

image.png

I will pass on your feedback, but it was pointed out in the last patch note and when a fix is ready it will be in the changelog. 

thank you

5 hours ago, RedHorse said:

After the update, the german flight manual F-16C has the date december 9, 2022. Is that correct?

With all due respect, worrying about a date? Lets get back to bugs that affect in game play shall we. 

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

33 minutes ago, DAZnBLAST said:

With all due respect, worrying about a date? Lets get back to bugs that affect in game play shall we. 

With all due respect, since the "date modified" on this file has changed to today, that implies it was changed in todays update.  The OP likely wants to know if the date on it is a typo and there is something new in it before they waste their time looking through it for changes.  Not sure why you feel that isn't a valid question.

• Like 4

On 11/20/2023 at 8:07 AM, draconus said:

We had a nice NVG circle in VR since 2.9. What happened in 2.9.1? Why it's back to full screen NVG?

And it's fixed. Thanks :thumbup:

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hi

Since yesterdays OB patch in VR no change to any of my settings using Pimax Crystal @72hz stuttering on all aircraft across all terrains before smooth as silk less for Sinai Map. Changed one setting from DLAA to DLSS quality back to smooth frame rates with a slight reduction in image quality. I have no clue why this would happen deleted FXO and metashaders folders.

Running I9 13900KF@ 5600 64GB 5200 Ram RTX 4090 all cores unparked.

After further testing rebooting PC change DLSS to DLAA and back to smooth less for Sinai map. Restart DCS without reboot and back to stuttering unless change to DLSS I have no idea why this happens. 

Edited by paul2437

9 hours ago, rob10 said:

With all due respect, since the "date modified" on this file has changed to today, that implies it was changed in todays update.  The OP likely wants to know if the date on it is a typo and there is something new in it before they waste their time looking through it for changes.  Not sure why you feel that isn't a valid question.

With all due respect, read the Change log patch notes, which say "F16, Updated German Flight Manual". Go have a look through it.

My Hangar:

My Spec:

5 minutes ago, DAZnBLAST said:

With all due respect, read the Change log patch notes, which say "F16, Updated German Flight Manual". Go have a look through it.

Are you now intentionally being thick?

If the changelog says the manual is updated, yet the manual contains old date, isn't is valid to be concerned about it?

• Like 6

No, but you are. The notes say it’s changed. Just have a fooking skim through it and stop worrying about a damn date.

My Hangar:

My Spec:

Chaps,

Come on dudes, lighten us.  It’s nearly Friday for one thing.

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

34 minutes ago, DAZnBLAST said:

The notes say it’s changed.

Sometimes notes are wrong and this is "Patch Notes discussion" thread, so what's your problem with genuine question asked?

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hence why I said, just have a skim through it. I just rather dev's focus on in game breaking stuff than checking and correcting typos. What's your problem with my opinion?

My Hangar:

My Spec:

3 minutes ago, DAZnBLAST said:

I just rather dev's focus on in game breaking stuff than checking and correcting typos.

Manual writers do just that - write manuals, check and correct typos. What they won't do is touching anything in the game code.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DAZnBLAST said:

Hence why I said, just have a skim through it. I just rather dev's focus on in game breaking stuff than checking and correcting typos. What's your problem with my opinion?

The reason for my post was to point out that the correct document may not have been delivered with the update. Since the date on the cover sheet is December 2022, I assume that this is the case.

Where do you get the right to decide in a discussion forum which posts are relevant and which are not?

I think that's the job of the moderators.

• Like 4

• ED Team
19 hours ago, RedHorse said:

After the update, the german flight manual F-16C has the date december 9, 2022. Is that correct?

We will check 

edit:  it’s an iterative update, not the most up to date manual. The team will include the latest German manual once it has been translated and then the date will be changed to reflect the latest manual. 

Folks please lets not squabble over the small stuff. 

thanks

• Like 4

Hi there!

I'm on a later 2.8 build, and I've got around 2/3 of all modules installed. 

Updater says download size is 168GB. How much bigger will the actual install approximately be after the download and install is finished? 

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

8 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Hi there!

I'm on a later 2.8 build, and I've got around 2/3 of all modules installed. 

Updater says download size is 168GB. How much bigger will the actual install approximately be after the download and install is finished? 

That is tough to answer, because it depends heavily on which modules (and maps!) you have installed exactly. I have all maps and all modules except the Christen Eagle and the Thunder. I can give you an upper boundary tonight when I'm at home.

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 minutes ago, Hiob said:

That is tough to answer, because it depends heavily on which modules (and maps!) you have installed exactly. I have all maps and all modules except the Christen Eagle and the Thunder. I can give you an upper boundary tonight when I'm at home.

That would be great. I'm running out of SSD space a bit, hence the question. 

I've got all maps installed, and most of the modules (except the cold war era fighters), and a good amount of campaigns. 

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

2 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

That would be great. I'm running out of SSD space a bit, hence the question. 

I've got all maps installed, and most of the modules (except the cold war era fighters), and a good amount of campaigns. 

I know, that is a unpopular piece of advise sometimes, but a dedicated 1TB SSD (sata is sufficient) isn't that expensive and a big relieve. Thing with SSDs is, you shouldn't fill them up all the way anyway. It's neither good for speed nor longevity. But I get that it isn't always an option. I'll have a look and let you know. 

• Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

20 minutes ago, Hiob said:

I know, that is a unpopular piece of advise sometimes, but a dedicated 1TB SSD (sata is sufficient) isn't that expensive and a big relieve. Thing with SSDs is, you shouldn't fill them up all the way anyway. It's neither good for speed nor longevity. But I get that it isn't always an option. I'll have a look and let you know. 

Exactly. That's why I'm asking. 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael