I hardly play DCS any more

DishDoggie
Go to solution Solved by RaisedByWolves,

Huey Hover Lover age 68 the model was the Biggest fun I had in DCS. I pre ordered the F4 to go with the old Flaming Cliffs Huey. I miss a good Whoop Whoop Whoop over my head. I fear my old age will not be able to master the F4. Jets worry me. not like a P-51D or a Huey. For some reason they fit me (in my mind) like a glove. Someday is the new Huey operating Aera in DCS history at 68 my time is now just like that Someday Any time. No Disrespect intended. Not a Slam. Just the honest truth. I play more Railroads Online now then DCS. I wish I was Younger and had more time to keep waiting.

• Like 2

I love the UH-1. Had some awesome fun in it. DCS's future is looking bright for the UH-1 too from what I can gather in MP. With the C130 & Chinook on the way, I have high hopes that there are going to be a wider variety of tasks on various multiplayer servers that will further enhance the experience, plus the opportunity for more flying in the UH-1 as well. 

Like Ricktoberfest - I sometimes after work just spin up DCS just for a 10 min flight in the UH-1. I've found it a pleasant way to unwind the day. There's few other aircraft that give me such satisfaction for such short flights. Of course, that is in VR - which is so immersive in the UH-1

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

Just curious but are you playing another flight sim to fill the void? Or just simmed out?

No I stopped flying and started playing other games. I need to say that It is a kind of sim out till something starts to work again if I'm alive lol 68 years old so Snap everyday above ground is a good day. Just wish the Huey was aa bigger joy lol Silly because I'm 68 and play VR like a kid?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DishDoggie said:

No I stopped flying and started playing other games. I need to say that It is a kind of sim out till something starts to work again if I'm alive lol 68 years old so Snap everyday above ground is a good day. Just wish the Huey was aa bigger joy lol Silly because I'm 68 and play VR like a kid?

Not at all silly DD.

Do what you enjoy, and for me DCS in VR is the ducks guts. I'm 52, and my eyesight's going south too, but I keep getting pulled back to DCS. My reflexes are pretty shot as well, but I'd like to put more time into simming but not necessarily in the high intensity jet scene. 

Find yourself a pub server with Huey's and just have a blast!

• Like 3

Rectum non bustus

vor 3 Stunden schrieb DishDoggie:

Playing in VR is not stupid. It is a gift. I congratulate you for accepting it.
The only way to get closer to flying a Huey is to actually fly one. And that costs a lot of money or is even impossible.
I'm 48 now, but I hope DCS and VR keep evolving to be even better. I'm already looking forward to flying low in VR with a FOV of 210°. The rush will be amazing.

• Like 2

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I have not flown much since the 2.9 patch completely destroyed multiplayer, it is not much fun when stuff is warping all over the place

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• ED Team
On 12/4/2023 at 10:12 PM, DishDoggie said:

Huey Hover Lover age 68 the model was the Biggest fun I had in DCS. I pre ordered the F4 to go with the old Flaming Cliffs Huey. I miss a good Whoop Whoop Whoop over my head. I fear my old age will not be able to master the F4. Jets worry me. not like a P-51D or a Huey. For some reason they fit me (in my mind) like a glove. Someday is the new Huey operating Aera in DCS history at 68 my time is now just like that Someday Any time. No Disrespect intended. Not a Slam. Just the honest truth. I play more Railroads Online now then DCS. I wish I was Younger and had more time to keep waiting.

Nice to know you care enough when not playing to come here and let us know. 🙂

It is ok to take breaks, we will still be here when you are in the mood again, I think everyone, even us developers can feel fatigued or burnt out.

With that said please remember the rules here at the top of the forum, keep the thread DCS related. 

Thank you

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

rotorheads server can be fun too. Some of the 4ya servers are great when there's some teamwork happening.

I haven't flown anything for a couple of weeks as well. i'm sidetracked by online tandem drifting again for the moment. it's a lot of fun with the right crowd and arguably as difficult to do as a flying a chopper if your gear and car are setup fairly realistically and trying to stay close. it's great to have a couple/few different things to jump between  

I have the occasional DCS-blues, too. I do more stuff-building or netflix binging or simply play something else until the urge to fly comes back. Doing only one thing ALL the time must become stale at a point. A little bit of switcheroo and everything is good again.

Watching some related content about certain aircraft or air-warfare or reading about it, also does spark the fire sometimes. Nothing beats watching Top Gun to get in the right mood for some Tomcat-Action..... 😁

(Or flight of the Intruder or any 'Nam-flick for the Huey)

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"