OH-6A by Tobsen and Eightball

Go to solution Solved by Neo47,

6 hours ago, tobi said:

Digital_Combat_Simulator_Black_Shark_Screenshot_2024.01.08_-_19.34.28.89.png

Much appreciated and phenomenal job! Below is my Vietnam collection of books.  I cannot recommend enough the Gunslingers in action and Aero scouts of Vietnam for this mod.  It has a lot of info that may assist with the finer details.  If you are unable to obtain either of them, I would be more than willing to scan/take some photos of anything you are looking for that might be in these books to aid in the production of this mod.  Me and a few friends have been waiting for someone to pick this up for a long time now. Both books were written by a pilot who Flew the OH6, Cobra, and Huey during the war.  GREAT read and tons of info and pictures. 

Also, the US Infantry Vietnam might be a really good one for AI assets.  Let me know if interested and thanks again for bringing a much-desired Scout and Helo to DCS. You have our full attention and look forward to seeing this...............in Two weeks. 

image.png

• Like 4

Hey everyone! Kudos for that awesome project!!! THX for investing time and effort into this!

There's one little remark or proposal I'd love to add or request:
While looking at your screenshot from the cockpit something caught my attention and I'd ask if you were able to correct this in a way.
The instrument needles pivot point is marked in an all white dot (see attached pic) . For me (well, that's very subjective) it's like an immersion breaker. Would you find a way to remove the pivot points white mark and just let them needles be white/ phosphorous colour? That'd be just awesome and much closer to the real deal. (see other pic)

TIA and keep up the good work!

Cheers! 

Cockpit DCS.JPG

Cockpit.JPG

Edited by EvilBert VR
  • Like 3

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

39 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

Yup, shouldn't be a big deal to fix. The cockpit, like the rest, is still very much a work in progress. But thanks for pointing it out!

-----

TNR2SKX.jpg

GMyzp8B.jpg

BWRS7z0.jpg

qZqVbXd.jpg

Sweet! 
It sure looks like a gem!
Another remark: The cable cutters (aka WSPS "Wire Strike Protection System") were not present on machines serving during Vietnam. Those wer fitted later in the early 80s.

Cheers!

• Like 1

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

7 hours ago, EvilBert VR said:

Sweet! 
It sure looks like a gem!
Another remark: The cable cutters (aka WSPS "Wire Strike Protection System") were not present on machines serving during Vietnam. Those wer fitted later in the early 80s.

Cheers!

We can add an option for the canle cutter in the missioneditor in one of the updates after first release

• Like 5

I needed a bib after seeing those cockpit screens!

There was drool everywhere!🤤

• Like 4

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Just Watched "Mover" in the OH6 Video.......Someone PLEASE make  a landing pad trailer for this Helo!!!!!!!!

Vid Link here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

A Mobile towed FARP?

A great idea!

I wonder if this is possible?

I can make farps,

Never tried to make one towed.

I will look into it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

LOL,

Where did you find these pics?

I am friends with  @DrummerNL

Have not chatted with him in ages.

He showed me these screens,

But never released the mods.

Perhaps they are saved for the Kiowa?

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawkeye60 said:

LOL,

Where did you find these pics?

I am friends with  @DrummerNL

Have not chatted with him in ages.

He showed me these screens,

But never released the mods.

Perhaps they are saved for the Kiowa?

Those pics are still cashed on the internet it seems or they would be lost for good.

It's a shame he never released them, I was really looking forward to them.

Edited by swartbyron
  • Like 1

This is just perfect!!!!!!  This SIM gets me through so much  Crap!!

!!!!! 😎

Edited by Marshallman
  • Like 4

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

2 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Yes, we have a couple of those

84qOERI.jpg

You guys are crushing the Vietnam asset pack it looks like.  Any way we might be able to see some more of the NVA assets, particularly the soldiers we can add to the Marianas when you release this?  The boys and I only fly in VR and cannot wait for these assets and OH-6 to come out.  Will gladly donate some money your way if you wind up accepting that. 

• Like 3

Eight Ball, and Tobi wow.

Very refreshing material.

I must say those Vietnam assets look stunning as all your contributions. Looking forward to their release.

Edit for thanks to Tobi also 🫡

Edited by DD_wingflyr
  • Like 1

Guys, this looks truly outstanding!!! I'm not sure I've been this excited about a new "module". We have a serious lack of little fun helicopters in DCS. Something you can throw around between the trees! Absolutely can't wait.

Could I ask, is there a virtual pilot body planned? And with regards to the flight model - is this built from the ground up or is it limited in some way by DCS's code as it's a mod? How close to the real thing would we expect it to handle? Huey being a benchmark in terms of a realistic FM, would this be in the same ballpark? 

Many Thanks! Please keep up the great work! Can't wait to make some videos with this 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/13/2024 at 2:48 PM, tobi said:

Working on materials

Just out of curiosity, where are you digging up the content for the 3D model/cockpit?  Any chance you will be messing with photogrammetry from a museum piece? If you are in Texas, I believe there are some around.