05.01.2024 - 2024 & Beyond | Winter Sale Last Chances

8 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Now we will have more desert map than the others.

DCS will stay Desert Combat Simulator:thumbsup:

Historically, the map is ok, but it's another near the same area. We have Nevada, we have PG, we have Syria, we have Sinai and now Iraq. Isn't it really worth being a little more ambitious? 

Still no Vietnam or Balkans. I know desert maps are easier to make, but do we really need to only have the Caucasus made many, many & many years ago?

Remember we dont know what maps has building Ugra Media or OnReTech, with claimed build next "no sand maps". And RAZBAM and Orbx dont have make "sand maps".

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole video is like a movie  with real  AC. I like to watch it every time .
But what it   is disappoint me a lot is that the damage model looks like.  Since DCS1.5 isch every jet have a similar visual damage. break  3 pieces  and burning like a hell, but the most annoying thing with this that the 2 wingtip which are most of the time not contain any fuel or just  some quantity, burning longer and stronger than the whole fuselage where is located the majority of fuel and other burnable stuffs.

The second thing  the ejection sequences. There is a hyper realistic 3d modell  and the whole AC acting like the real one but when the pilot need to escape from in it they get a arcade style ejection .  Even the newest  modul the F4 has the same .There is no any differences the high speed and low altitude , low speed low altitude, or high speed high altitude and low speed high altitude  scenario. not mentioned to eject from the difficult position zero-zero or differences between the types of seats.
every time  it just repeat the same scenario, maybe it  calculate with  the momentum of the seat and some time delay open the parachute and if the pilot has enough room from the ground he survive, in the other case not.
If the dynamic campagn will be introduce sometime. this event will cause a big difference  the result of battle.

Because  it does matter that the pilot survive  of the ejection  and need to generate a rescue mission to them to pick up and fly another mission later on or lost  the pilots and there won't enough remain to fight longer.

• Like 2

The video itself is outstanding, and the Fulcrum news are very welcome. Missing any news on the weather system tho, they showed new clouds two years ago (!!!), and nothing happened with them since 🤷‍♂️ 

New maps are always good but not very interested, as they are more of the same biome like Sinai, Persian gulf and Syria... wich would be awesome as contiguous terrain, but if you can only play in one at the time, not so much, as having one or two is enough.

Keep the good work  and happy new year to everyone 🙂

• Like 3

ED has stated themselves will make both Nam and Korea. No 3rd parties. Best bet OnReTech is making the Balkans. As for ORBX, my guess is they might go south to the Baltics.
Africa seems to be up for grabs...

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very cool DCS an beyond! MIG-29 was ovbious it has been teased for so long in previous DCS videos, sharing screen time with other full fidelity modules in most of the recent ed videos.

I've watched Nick recent interviews and I know that DCS Dynamic Campaign is still far from release. But what about ground crew and ATC? Is DCS and beyond a hint to that? If I remember correctly the video has some yellow shirts passing command to another one.

A more realistic ATC (like X-Plane, even old ones), JTACS, air commands and ground/sea crew is something that it's not as shinny as a new aircraft but IMO it's much more immersive than anything else. I mean we have all kind of navigation systems, but for what? We are currently the Kings and Queens of the game, all NPCs just vow to us when we want to do any manouver or whatever. Since the Dynamic Campaign wants to achieve a lot of things I'm not sure if ed wants to release all in one version release or progresively.

Getting ATC and the other things before Dynamic Campaign it's also a way of keeping us entertained while the big project comes out, heheh.

Well anyways, great job ed!! Until next DCS an beyond!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Repvez said:

The whole video is like a movie  with real  AC. I like to watch it every time .
But what it   is disappoint me a lot is that the damage model looks like.  Since DCS1.5 isch every jet have a similar visual damage. break  3 pieces  and burning like a hell, but the most annoying thing with this that the 2 wingtip which are most of the time not contain any fuel or just  some quantity, burning longer and stronger than the whole fuselage where is located the majority of fuel and other burnable stuffs.

The second thing  the ejection sequences. There is a hyper realistic 3d modell  and the whole AC acting like the real one but when the pilot need to escape from in it they get a arcade style ejection .  Even the newest  modul the F4 has the same .There is no any differences the high speed and low altitude , low speed low altitude, or high speed high altitude and low speed high altitude  scenario. not mentioned to eject from the difficult position zero-zero or differences between the types of seats.
every time  it just repeat the same scenario, maybe it  calculate with  the momentum of the seat and some time delay open the parachute and if the pilot has enough room from the ground he survive, in the other case not.
If the dynamic campagn will be introduce sometime. this event will cause a big difference  the result of battle.

Because  it does matter that the pilot survive  of the ejection  and need to generate a rescue mission to them to pick up and fly another mission later on or lost  the pilots and there won't enough remain to fight longer.

Graphics are important but I’d rather see  development time allocated to flightsim rather than movie maker features.

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

ED has stated themselves will make both Nam and Korea. No 3rd parties. Best bet OnReTech is making the Balkans. As for ORBX, my guess is they might go south to the Baltics.
Africa seems to be up for grabs...

It’s interesting the existing “soon” Middle Eastern maps, including Caucasus, will almost cover the whole region. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I’d rather see  development time allocated to flightsim rather than movie maker features.

Both are important. The latter not just to impress us long-standing simmers, but to make fancy YT videos to impress potential new customers 🙂 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

16 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, we'll need Kuwait too then I guess.

I really hope so. And Saudi Arabia or part of it. 

Edited by westr
  • Like 2

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

yes agree, that's why writhe the damage model upgrade. Because the AC's have all system realiszicly modelled, but  almost never use it  for emergency case.  I never experienced that I have only minor failure, fuel leaking or hydraulic  problem to manage the emergency landing procedures. Nor I had to use the fire extinguisher system for engine fire ,airstart because of engine stall or stops  or that I need to make the belly landing due to the landing gear failure.
When I got shot, every time got instant explosion or such  failure that I   had to eject .
I never used the trim to compensate the instabilities of the damage to reach the nearest airfield

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Repvez said:

yes agree, that's why writhe the damage model upgrade. Because the AC's have all system realiszicly modelled, but  almost never use it  for emergency case.  I never experienced that I have only minor failure, fuel leaking or hydraulic  problem to manage the emergency landing procedures. Nor I had to use the fire extinguisher system for engine fire ,airstart because of engine stall or stops  or that I need to make the belly landing due to the landing gear failure.
When I got shot, every time got instant explosion or such  failure that I   had to eject .
I never used the trim to compensate the instabilities of the damage to reach the nearest airfield

I’ve used the A10s fire system with good effect, I’ve also shut down and re lit the engines in the A10 in flight. The A10 was designed with survivability in mind though.

I can’t really comment about the other aircraft. However I’d imagine when you start throwing chunks of hot metal at an F-16 any hits are likely to be critical. The F-16 is really just a turbofan with wings and a tail attached and a guy strapped to the front.

Edited by Mogster
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, YoYo said:

Now we will have more desert map than the others.

DCS will stay Desert Combat Simulator:thumbsup:

Historically, the map is ok, but it's another near the same area. We have Nevada, we have PG, we have Syria, we have Sinai and now Iraq. Isn't it really worth being a little more ambitious? 

Still no Vietnam or Balkans. I know desert maps are easier to make, but do we really need to only have the Caucasus made many, many & many years ago?

Desert maps aren't really boring. For one thing, they aren't static and change with seasons, unfortunately ED hasn't modeled this since the Black Sea. See Iraq for instance:

fkseqh60tkl51.jpg

Note not only the changing vegetation, but the changes in bodies of water. These maps could be much more interesting if seasonal changes were modeled:

Then you can also have events like flooding, dust storms, or wildfires. These things would not only improve desert maps, but all maps.

Visuals aside, my personal opinion is map size and functionality beats all else. For that alone I'm glad to see Iraq if it includes the whole country along with Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. That would make it a contender for best map to me, along with Kola.

Edited by Exorcet
  • Like 3

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

48 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I’ve used the A10s fire system with good effect, I’ve also shut down and re lit the engines in the A10 in flight. The A10 was designed with survivability in mind though.

I can’t really comment about the other aircraft. However I’d imagine when you start throwing chunks of hot metal at an F-16 any hits are likely to be critical. The F-16 is really just a turbofan with wings and a tail attached and a guy strapped to the front.

I've actually gotten some 30mm from an Su27 on my F16. Made a couple of big holes but no major problems at least for the 10 minutes i flew after I got hit. 

But i too would like more realistic damage. Let me lose part of my trail, and try and land with that etc. 

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, Exorcet said:

Desert maps aren't really boring. For one thing, they aren't static and change with seasons, unfortunately ED hasn't modeled this since the Black Sea. See Iraq for instance:

fkseqh60tkl51.jpg

Note not only the changing vegetation, but the changes in bodies of water. These maps could be much more interesting if seasonal changes were modeled:

Then you can also have events like flooding, dust storms, or wildfires. These things would not improve desert maps, but all maps.

Visuals aside, my personal opinion is map size and functionality beats all else. For that alone I'm glad to see Iraq if it includes the whole country along with Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. That would make it a contender for best map to me, along with Kola.

But as you wrote, there is no simulation of this so this is just wishful thinking, right? 😉

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Calling it Iraq, when it's really just Baghdad is disingenuous and borderline false advertising.  Like the Persian Gulf map.  It's not.  It's Dubai and Abu Dahbi and some other minor details.  It should really be called UAE or Straight of Hormuz because that's the only part of the map that is filled in.  Qatar and Oman are pretty significant parts of the PG and they are just not there and there seem to be no plans to include them.  I kinda wish I could return it.

• Like 3

I feel if you're gonna spend time resources and money making an Iraq map there should be a plan to add enough of Iran so we could do Iran-Iraq war, arguably the last "great air war" with lots of air to air kills, lots of daring air attacks. And best of all with F4 and not too far into the future MIG23, we have almost a complete plane/helicopter set for that war.

• Like 4

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

10 minutes ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Calling it Iraq, when it's really just Baghdad is disingenuous and borderline false advertising.  Like the Persian Gulf map.  It's not.  It's Dubai and Abu Dahbi and some other minor details.  It should really be called UAE or Straight of Hormuz because that's the only part of the map that is filled in.  Qatar and Oman are pretty significant parts of the PG and they are just not there and there seem to be no plans to include them.  I kinda wish I could return it.

What false adversiting?

DCS: Iraq
We are also excited to announce an Iraq map coming to DCS. From Operation Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom to the War on Terror, Iraq has been one of the most significant flash points of the late-20th and early 21st centuries. The Iraq map will initially be centred on Baghdad to best provide War-on-Terror and War on Isis scenarios. Later, the map will be expanded south to provide older scenarios like Operations Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom.

• Thanks 1

• ED Team
1 hour ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

We said the terrain is centred on Baghdad but it is not just Baghdad. In the video we even show the Zargos mountains to the East. I would suggest you wait for more detailed information before making a judgment. When we are ready we will share more news.

thanks

39 minutes ago, Mogster said:

1:26 Marianas Maug islands?

Yes, and already in the current, modern day Marianas map

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

In the video we even show the Zargos mountains to the East.

Great. I made that point in an earlier post. Nice guess on my part! Looks amazing. 

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Not sure if these were mentioned already: think new rain drop effects? Also not sure if it is just head movement, but while the other aircraft passes to the left, the pov aircraft seems to nod/bounce on deck. New simulation of wake turbulence? Also wet deck at 0:08.

grafik.png

Trees around bomb impacts visibly shaking and bending. Can also be seen from 4:20, but with less effect (depends on blast intensitiy?). Also shock wave at 2:54 (explosion to the left). Explosion vfx in general look better:

grafik.png

And yes, looking at how often we see the M1A2, i really think there could be FF vehicle hinted. Would love that (i'd prefer T-72 or T-80, nevertheless id totally get the M1A2. FF vehicles would be awesome!).

• Like 4

has another moment when the trees has affected by explosions on 4:22 with a corsair bombing.

image.png

And I start to think the new M-1A2 SEP has excesive detailed but only a AI unit... A detail... the commander periscope has rotate aft on some pics and forward on others... the same situation with the hatches, one open and other closed, de detail of smoke grenades.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Other Detail Afganistan Bagram airbase appears on 0:16 and other afganistan shot on 0:34.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 3

On 1/6/2024 at 10:35 AM, Japo32 said:

2. Where is Afganistan? I would like to see it more than Iraq for the Apaches. Again as Point 1. how far is to be complete if not shown in the video (unless the first base shown is Kabul)

• Afganistan (Confirmed by GA).

image.png

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, YoYo said:

But as you wrote, there is no simulation of this so this is just wishful thinking, right? 😉

Not yet, but it may be easier to add these types of things than to create maps of other types of regions. I don't really know if that's the case, but nothing to lose from asking.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files