05.01.2024 - 2024 & Beyond | Winter Sale Last Chances

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Badger1-1 said:

Did anybody also wonder what the new mode will be in The Afghanistan map?

since there won’t be that much room, airbase wise, for PvP

I don't understand the question. What kind of "new mode" are you thinking of?

• Like 1

To directly quote the newsletter:“the Afghanistan map will bring a new mode of warfare to DCS battles and our most popular aircraft like the AH-64D, Mi-24P, A-10C, Su-25, F-16C, F/A-18C, will be great mission choices.  “ 

25 minutes ago, Badger1-1 said:

To directly quote the newsletter:“the Afghanistan map will bring a new mode of warfare to DCS battles and our most popular aircraft like the AH-64D, Mi-24P, A-10C, Su-25, F-16C, F/A-18C, will be great mission choices.  “ 

They just mean pure counter inaccuracy.

Not a gameplay mode.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

2 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

counter inaccuracy

You probably mean counterinsurgency? 😉
Let's not discuss here how accurate or inaccurate that is 🙃

• Like 3
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

and the big question is that the mig29A will be payed modul or an upgrade the exist modul? because the MIG-29A is already exist in   two different  shape. one FC3 bundle and one separate modul. both of them the same  and their have already  new accurate 3d model  and cockpit.  So the "new" release only contain the clickable cockpits and the backsystems or plus  more improved 3d model? it will be upgrade automatically for everybody who already has the modul?  Will the future plan  be that the non full fidelity modules upgrade to be the dcs  more consistent level?

11 minutes ago, Repvez said:

and the big question is that the mig29A will be payed modul or an upgrade the exist modul? because the MIG-29A is already exist in   two different  shape. one FC3 bundle and one separate modul. both of them the same  and their have already  new accurate 3d model  and cockpit.  So the "new" release only contain the clickable cockpits and the backsystems or plus  more improved 3d model? it will be upgrade automatically for everybody who already has the modul?  Will the future plan  be that the non full fidelity modules upgrade to be the dcs  more consistent level?

The Mig-29A FF module has outside from all FC3 modules. Has totaly new, making from scratch, with funtionality, weapons, radar, etc never planned of old "simplified avionics" modules. The same situation if ED make a F-15C / A-10A / Su-25A / Su-25T / Su-27P or Mig-29S FF modules on a future.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 3

• ED Team
44 minutes ago, Repvez said:

Full fidelity  DCS: MiG-29A will be a new module,

the current MiG-29 is and always will be part of the FC3 series. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, danythunder14 said:

the F6F Hellcat that we see in the 2024 video and an F6F-3 or F6F-5 model?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

8 hours ago, danythunder14 said:

the F6F Hellcat that we see in the 2024 video and an F6F-3 or F6F-5 model?

The one seen in the 2024 and beyond video is an early F6F-3.

• Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

About Mig-29 there is other question, will I be able to fly booth multiplayer server so: full sim Mig-29 vs FC3 Style Mig-29, who will have more advantage? Me with simplified controls or the person with full fidelity? Will I be banned from all servers because I'm casual player?

47 minutes ago, Peter5on said:

About Mig-29 there is other question, will I be able to fly [...] multiplayer server so: full sim Mig-29 vs FC3 Style Mig-29

Probably yes. I don't see why not.

46 minutes ago, Peter5on said:

who will have more advantage? Me with simplified controls or the person with full fidelity?

It will depend on the situation. Does it really matter though?

46 minutes ago, Peter5on said:

Will I be banned from all servers because I'm casual player?

No, you won't be banned from ALL servers!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

The one seen in the 2024 and beyond video is an early F6F-3.

Thanks for this important information.

So Hellcat and Corsair aren't on the same timeline.

Late 43 to early 44 for the F6F, late 44 to mid 45 for the F4U...

• Like 1

^ Which is a good idea given the fact that we're getting Enterprise from ED (for the former) and one of Essex class from M3 (for the latter).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Still we don't have any official news about the precise model (why not both after all ?)

Chinook is precisely discribed as a mid 2000s CH-47F (more late 2000s but this is another subject)

For the MiG 29 the variant was reaveled the day of official announcement.

Hellcat is still announced as the "F6F", nothing more.

• Like 1

• ED Team

We will share more in future newsletters, each will have a reveal newsletter with more detail when we are ready.

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is Afghanistan map planned to be released in 2024? Seems pretty complete to me, will be nice to know also If it will come with at least a base in Pakistan. Thanks.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

3 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Is Afghanistan map planned to be released in 2024? Seems pretty complete to me, will be nice to know also If it will come with at least a base in Pakistan. Thanks.

Nick has talk about a "double" release.

• Thanks 1

Nice video. Like always, we get what we get when it's ready for early release basically. If Afghanistan and Iraq map is released 2024, then I bet if ED can get the Chinook ready there will be a LOT of happy faces. CH47D was heavily employed both wars.  

• Like 2

On 1/5/2024 at 3:15 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

Last Dinamic Campaign report:

Wow! How could I possibly missed that.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base