02.02.2024 - Bo-105 Report | South Atlantic Progress | Digital Controllers MP Server

54 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Some moduals haven't gotten a single news update since.

Probably because there's nothing worth reporting?
Initial announcements for new modules are made much much sooner than they used to, to prevent conflicts with other developers (and perhaps a few more reasons we are not privy to).

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

5 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Probably because there's nothing worth reporting?
Initial announcements for new modules are made much much sooner than they used to, to prevent conflicts with other developers (and perhaps a few more reasons we are not privy to).

I don't demand much. But if you haven't done enough in 18 months to make a single short update for DCS newsletter. Than I have to wonder what you've been doing. I mean there are several moduals that has only shown the smallest proof of life in 18 months, but its something.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

I don't demand much. But if you haven't done enough in 18 months to make a single short update for DCS newsletter. Than I have to wonder what you've been doing. I mean there are several moduals that has only shown the smallest proof of life in 18 months, but its something.

But you do.

You don’t just make a sminky 3D model, texture wrap it in some hi-res bump mapped 4k bitmaps and have a fully functional module.

The systems modelling is all lua code, lines and lines of syntax and ones & zeros, most of which works, some of it doesn’t and some of it which might work but we don’t know yet cos we’re trying something we’ve never done before.

Now, if you think that a developer are going to start posting screenshots of their programming just to satisfy impatient petulant and over-entitled potential customers, I think you need to wake up from your little “I want I want I want” fever dream and smell the coffee.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, DD_Fenrir said:

But you do.

You don’t just make a sminky 3D model, texture wrap it in some hi-res bump mapped 4k bitmaps and have a fully functional module.

The systems modelling is all lua code, lines and lines of syntax and ones & zeros, most of which works, some of it doesn’t and some of it which might work but we don’t know yet cos we’re trying something we’ve never done before.

Now, if you think that a developer are going to start posting screenshots of their programming just to satisfy impatient petulant and over-entitled potential customers, I think you need to wake up from your little “I want I want I want” fever dream and smell the coffee.

If you haven't done anything in 18 months to write 2 paragraphs about then something is wrong. I personally don't care about many moduals, it's the principle. 

If they literally haven't done anything than write that. 

If you read the updates from 3rd party developers that care, they go on about all things big and small. Including "dry coding stuff" 

If you read the update from the A7, they are fantastic and ideally all 3rd party developers should be required to do those updates. 

But that's not gonna happen, but they should give a minimum of info.

What have you done? 

Just boring coding, ok say that.

Haven't done anything? Ok why? Ah your leg got eaten by a tiger. Well say that.

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Guys, just tick the option and move on. When there are news, they will share.

forum_options.png

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team
On 2/3/2024 at 9:41 PM, Gunfreak said:

If you haven't done anything in 18 months to write 2 paragraphs about then something is wrong. I personally don't care about many moduals, it's the principle. 

If they literally haven't done anything than write that. 

If you read the updates from 3rd party developers that care, they go on about all things big and small. Including "dry coding stuff" 

If you read the update from the A7, they are fantastic and ideally all 3rd party developers should be required to do those updates. 

But that's not gonna happen, but they should give a minimum of info.

What have you done? 

Just boring coding, ok say that.

Haven't done anything? Ok why? Ah your leg got eaten by a tiger. Well say that.

When we have news to share we share it, often third partys share their own news on their own sites, social media and discord. If they want to share some news in our newsletters they reach out to us and we share what we have been given to share. 

It is not possible to make everyone happy, especially ones so demanding, but we do try. It wont always be possible to have blockbuster news items each week, but there are 52 weeks in the year so hopefully you will be happy with the content for some of them. 

Please remember to keep the feedback constructive 

thank you 

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Oho, even BN can get snappy….. 😋 

I can’t imagine the sheer amounts of cool-juice you guys need to consume everyday to keep your composure all the time!

I all seriousness, here‘s to you: 🍺 cheers!

• Like 5

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Have nothing in the newsletter from ED: "do you work?".
Have something in the newsletter from ED: "why is it not released yet/why no news about XY? Do you work?".
Have something released from ED: "why is XY missing? Do you work?".

You can literally not win this game. So keep calm and don't play 😌

My very own take on this: ED usually always got something to show and tell. If they don't, they might have something cooking and don't want to spoil it. Just my guts. I definitely enjoyed the newsletter as Bo-105 news were excellent news for me.

Edited by Schlingel mit Kringel
  • Like 4

• ED Team
Just now, nima2014 said:

@BIGNEWY Just one question regarding the unified version and the respective patch cycle around every 6 weeks. Does this include module releases or may modules be released in between without a patch?

cheers 

module releases can only come with patches. It just depends if a new module is ready and has been tested by the QA team. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Many 3rd parties dont publish anything in the forum (Polychop, Miltech 5, RAZBAM, Orbx, Aviron, Crosstail Studios, Check Six Simulation... etc) and have your own comunication channels (FB, Discord, etc). Before claim a "they dont publish anything", move to the propper channel, they move many post here... Remember someone move to review that channels and post them on "a unofficial post" to the comunity...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

module releases can only come with patches. It just depends if a new module is ready and has been tested by the QA team. 

thank you 

Alright. Thanks for clarification. Have a great day! 🍀😊

• Thanks 1

Well yes of course: Heatblur is still preparing a Release Candidate build, which then has to be sent to ED for closed beta testing…

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset