Quest VR - DCS crashing right after DCS splash screen

mimamema

UPDATE--- PARTIALLY SOLVED:

The reason for the problem has been found out here but it´s not really fixed, this happened because I´m an Oculus VR user and the last PTC update (V63) is producing a conflict with DCS. The workaround is to go back to v62 by deactivating the PTC option in your Oculus app on your PC and after downloading the proper version DCS will start to work again in DCS VR. To follow up on this problem there´s already a report in the VR BUGS sub-forum, here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Original post before updating):

So I was using DCS this afternoon normally and closed it. I tried to open it again tonight and it was not opening anymore.

It crashes right after the DCS splash screen. I tried repairing and cleaning, renamed my DCSopenbeta folder, erased the temp files in local/temp folder, tried in MT and ST, firewall is offline right now and this is what my dcs.log says, not much and a screenshot of my event viewer.

My PC is enough to run DCS (7800x3D, 4090, 64gb ram, 2tb SSD...), it´s just so random that now it doesn´t work but a few hours ago yes. I tried restarting the PC and the same, nvidia drivers are fresh from yesterday's update. Running out of ideas. dcs.lognull

image.png

Edited by mimamema
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, mimamema said:

So I was using DCS this afternoon normally and closed it. I tried to open it again tonight and it was not opening anymore.

It crashes right after the DCS splash screen. I tried repairing and cleaning, renamed my DCSopenbeta folder, erased the temp files in local/temp folder, tried in MT and ST, firewall is offline right now and this is what my dcs.log says, not much and a screenshot of my event viewer.

My PC is enough to run DCS (7800x3D, 4090, 64gb ram, 2tb SSD...), it´s just so random that now it doesn´t work but a few hours ago yes. I tried restarting the PC and the same, nvidia drivers are fresh from yesterday's update. Running out of ideas.

can you also attach the crash zip that is in the same folder as the dcs.log? the log you provided does not show much info.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

4 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

can you also attach the crash zip that is in the same folder as the dcs.log? the log you provided does not show much info.

Sorry, there is no crash zip from today's date in either of the folders, it just closes on its own without a crash window. I don´t if this should be reported somewhere else then.

4 minutes ago, badatthis said:

i get that too, i think servers are down as if i use dcs normal not bata it comes us with log in blank and all my paines are cancelled

I don´t think so as I can see people from my squadron connecting, actually, the logging part seems okay on my side, it just goes through it without an error. But thank you anyway.

I have had this today and thought it was due to an Oculus update. I reverted back from the PTC to normal release of v62 and DCS loaded fine. I haven’t tried again with the PTC version of v62 however my DCS log ended exactly the same as yours has. I raised the error in VR bugs section. 2D worked ok though.

Edited by slughead
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, slughead said:

I have had this today and thought it was due to an Oculus update. I reverted back from the PTC to normal release of v62 and DCS loaded fine. I haven’t tried again with the PTC version of v62 however my DCS log ended exactly the same as yours has. I raised the error in VR bugs section. 2D worked ok though.

Oh, I noticed this as well, I going to try that as well. Thank you

Just now, Reflected said:

The same thing started happening to me right now. I click on DCS, get the logging in message, then the loading screen then the exe disappears from the task manager. Tried a slow repair but didn't help.

Just waiting for oculus to downgrade to v62 again, if you use Oculus as well that might be the problem.

4 minutes ago, mimamema said:

Oh, I noticed this as well, I going to try that as well. Thank you

Just waiting for oculus to downgrade to v62 again, if you use Oculus as well that might be the problem.

I have automatic updates turned off. How can you revert anyway?

Edited by Reflected

Just now, Reflected said:

I have automatic updates turned off

But do you use the Public Test Channel on Oculus? 

It worked for me, just opened it right now and it works. Thank you @slughead!!! That made my day, I was close to install a fresh copy of windows xD

21 minutes ago, slughead said:

OH wait, I unchecked PTC, then some update downloaded, and now DCS works! Interesting because I tried to launch in 2D, yet the Oculus Software made it crash...

Thanks a lot for the help!

Same thing happened with SteamVR and Oculus v62. Steam had to fix it on their end. Looks like we are going to need a DCS side fix before Meta make this a general release.

Probably best not to mark this as solved… as it is going to come back when Meta push this out to all users.

47 minutes ago, slughead said:

Same thing happened with SteamVR and Oculus v62. Steam had to fix it on their end. Looks like we are going to need a DCS side fix before Meta make this a general release.

Probably best not to mark this as solved… as it is going to come back when Meta push this out to all users.

Maybe we should continue with the issue in your report post. I will update my first post to explain the issue.

• Flappie changed the title to Quest VR - DCS crashing right after DCS splash screen

Thank you I think this fixed it, I hate Meta FB, Oculus, all made and updated by Baboons on drugs

• Like 1

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

19 hours ago, Ramstein said:

Thank you I think this fixed it, I hate Meta FB, Oculus, all made and updated by Baboons on drugs

Except it isn't fixed. It's a workaround. Meta will release v63 to everyone in the coming weeks and will likely have this change in it still. They forced Steam to change their VR code to comply with their changes and I expect they will expect all other vendors to follow suit. I expect ED will have little choice but to make adjustments. Hopefully, it's a minor change to make as Steam produced a fix fairly quickly.

• ED Team

Guys, please attach here your options.lua file (from 'Saved Games\%DCS OB%\Config')

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 3 weeks later...