DCS: CH-47F Pre-purchase

BIGNEWY

"Full set of features will be announced prior to early access"

Well, I'm deeply concerned about this change of attitude to pre-order offering.

Honestly, this does not look good. Actually very bad in scope of timing with events with Razbam. Deeply concerned.

• Like 12

is the 120GB req. (350GB recommended) for the full installation of DCS plus the CH-47 or 120GB for just the Chinook?
My installation is currently sitting at 420GB on a 500GB NVME drive and I want to add the "Hook", Kiowa and Afghanistan...
Looks like I need a bigger drive.
No need to dwell on it. You just need one.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• ED Team

Once we have the full list of early access features we will post them. 

thank you 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Zentaos said:

is the 120GB req. (350GB recommended) for the full installation of DCS plus the CH-47 or 120GB for just the Chinook?

Let's compare that to the existing DCS helicopter modules. In my 2.9.4 Stable, the module-specific installation footprints are (rounded a bit):

• AH-64D: 1.7 GB
  • Ka-50 II: 1.2 GB
  • Ka-50 III: 0.99 GB
  • Mi-8MTV2: 0.9 GB
  • Mi-24P: 3.5 GB
  • SA-342: 0.6 GB
  • UH-1H: 0.67 GB

I'd say it's rather improbable that the Chinook is going to take up 100 times the average helicopter module size all on its own.

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Folks a reminder. 

Please stay on topic for the thread title. 

Off topic posts will be removed 

thank you 

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Iron Sights said:

Nice ED, as soon as I get off, I’ll make the purchase. Really starting to look like a busy year and I’m loving it. Keep making the dreams come true!

Have a great day and thank you. 

• Like 1

I will never pre-purchase again. However, the MINUTE I can download and fly this helo, I'll buy no matter the asking price. I've wanted to fly this monster ever since I watch the Replen Ops in the highlands of SEA. Aside from the (civvie) Cessna 310r, there is NO other aircraft that I've been as hungry for than the Hook.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

In the teaser pre-order video there is a couple of other nice little details I just noticed. The ground units ai, especially the infantry units look to be significantly improved. Is this something we are likely to get as well at the same time as the release for ch47 / afghan map? Also the hummer driving out of the back seems to be a new feature. Are we going to see some more detailed logistic type / ai functions with the ch47? Very nice to see. Damn this is gonna be an expensive month. Pimax crystal light preordered, now afghan and ch47 too. June is going to be a great month and a whole new dcs experience for me. 

(edit - sorry, think I probably put this in the wrong thread. If so, can mod kindly move it over to the ch47 discussion thread)

Edited by TED
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, huchanronaa said:

Since the delay in the release of DCS F-4E pre-orders is too serious {from the end of October last year to the present}, I hope the CH-47F will not be like this

First it is a question if you can talk about a delay when Heatblur never give a fix date. (All they said is that the aim to release within a timeframe). But in the end, it's a question of how you define delay. 
Second thing is the simple fact that Heatblur and ED are different developer. 

Is that a guarantee? Of course not. But it can hardly be equated.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2024 at 12:34 PM, huchanronaa said:

Since the delay in the release of DCS F-4E pre-orders is too serious {from the end of October last year to the present}, I hope the CH-47F will not be like this

The F-4E preorder start on October, and the "tentative" release F-4E by heatblur was "winter 2024", no fall october 2023. And after was delayer by HB to spring.

You missing the "tentative" release date CH-47F has on the preorder video final as afghanistan? June 2024.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I don't get how ED can start selling pre-orders without even defining which the product entails.  Even more so since they name a specific release date on the other hand.

I don't want to support this business practice and won't pre-order it.

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I don't get how ED can start selling pre-orders without even defining which the product entails. 

Because it's all voluntary. You not buying for your reasons is perfectly understandable, but as you can see in this forum others of us don't share the same concerns. And that's reasonable too.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cab said:

Because it's all voluntary. You not buying for your reasons is perfectly understandable, but as you can see in this forum others of us don't share the same concerns. And that's reasonable too.

Fair enough. But on the same time I think this forum is the good place to share opinions so ED can knowhow we feel with new kind of offering. This is healthy relation to expres satisfaction and dissatisfaction from product or even fear is some of us feel something is odd with  our beloved sim.

On the same time I'm disappointed that instead of addressing concerns about announcement and product offering new practices, we are given warnings that "off topic" posts will be removed. I cannot imagine what is more "on topic" than questions about this "new offering".

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Rosly said:

Fair enough. But on the same time I think this forum is the good place to share opinions so ED can knowhow we feel with new kind of offering. This is healthy relation to expres satisfaction and dissatisfaction from product or even fear is some of us feel something is odd with  our beloved sim.

On the same time I'm disappointed that instead of addressing concerns about announcement and product offering new practices, we are given warnings that "off topic" posts will be removed. I cannot imagine what is more "on topic" than questions about this "new offering".

I'm not sure that's what he was referring to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IMGX said:

Why does the German border appear during the Cold War, 55 seconds into the last Chinook pre-purchase video???

Good catch, I don't think anyone pointed that out yet!

I only ever crossed that border through the official checkpoints as a child and am certainly not a historian, but it does indeed look like the inner-German border aka the iron curtain. Together with Wags' recent hint at two "green" maps, one of which he specifically said would make the community very happy, I am getting my hopes up for a bit of a Fulda gap map. 😉

Then again, maybe some kind of DMZ in one of Afghanistan's green zones?

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 2

Thanks ED!

Really looking forward to this... Cant wait to do a "sightseeing tour" through Afghanistan in the Chinook!

• Like 4

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

9 hours ago, Yurgon said:

Good catch, I don't think anyone pointed that out yet!

I only ever crossed that border through the official checkpoints as a child and am certainly not a historian, but it does indeed look like the inner-German border aka the iron curtain. Together with Wags' recent hint at two "green" maps, one of which he specifically said would make the community very happy, I am getting my hopes up for a bit of a Fulda gap map. 😉

Then again, maybe some kind of DMZ in one of Afghanistan's green zones?

I would love for a cold war map. I think it's a bit of a waste that Sinai was modern. Same with Kola.

Historic maps that match a conflict or a period further back seems much more useful since the full earth map will cover current stuff anyway.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.