F-14 A/B feature follow-up, wish list and beyond

17 hours ago, Cab said:

I'll go out on a limb and assume he's asking for a single 2-way switch binding in addition to the current individual up and down bindings for the landing flaps.

Doesn't seem that unreasonable, if that's the case.

👍...I asked about it for a long time ago. They made a 2-way switch for the hook but not for the landing- take off flaps. I really miss it. You agree?

-royphsle

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5 

47 minutes ago, royphsle said:

👍...I asked about it for a long time ago. They made a 2-way switch for the hook but not for the landing- take off flaps. I really miss it. You agree?

No, I don’t have a 2-way switch I’d use for that but I understand those that do

I'm looking forward to the functions of Jester 2.0 in the Tomcat. Also to a functioning TARPS pod.

I'd really wish Heatblur would fix Jester's not completing the startup checklist (arm seat, turn on ADI and altimeter) and also the long-known bug where the AI wingman's Tomcat's wings are clipping through the fuselage.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Posted (edited)

Hi @Tomcatter87, thanks and I totally forgot the TARPS pod.  We do have "Jester 2.0" in the list (updated).  About "arm seat, turn on ADI and altimeter...", it is part of my muscle memory so I am not sure that it is a wish list or something else.

Edited by scommander2
  • Like 1

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD | TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR | TKIR5/TrackClipPro | Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box | Win 11 Pro

2 hours ago, scommander2 said:

Hi @Tomcatter87, thanks and I totally forgot the TARPS pod.  We do have "Jester 2.0" in the list (updated).  About "arm seat, turn on ADI and altimeter...", it is part of my muscle memory so I am not sure that it is a wish list or something else.

TARPS functionality was already on the list and "Jester assisted starup bugs/incomplete" should go into "To fix" part.

And if we're at that please add "Jester assisted startup without cockpit hints" to the "Wish list" as it had been requested by users. Thanks.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Posted (edited)

Hi @draconus, thanks for watching out while I was multitasking for my works and updating the list.

Edited by scommander2
  • Like 1

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD | TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR | TKIR5/TrackClipPro | Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box | Win 11 Pro

To fix:

- RIO's ECMD does not power down

- mirrors don't react to canopy angle change

Have to test more on the A but it seems this has been corrected:

CVN compatibility (crew signals, comms, ICLS, FLOLS) esp. for A

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2024 at 5:47 PM, draconus said:

To fix:

Have to test more on the A but it seems this has been corrected:

CVN compatibility (crew signals, comms, ICLS, FLOLS) esp. for A

Roger.

The updated list is available at:

Edited by scommander2

1. Flap lever position need to be tweaked.
Current in-game up/down position is Emergency up down position.image.png?ex=666eab88&is=666d5a08&hm=d8a

2nd. Mil/afterburner throttle range incorrect

image.png?ex=666e55b3&is=666d0433&hm=dd0image.png?ex=666e6768&is=666d15e8&hm=3f4

The MIL detent is away from where it should be, (See the RPM with throttle at MIL marking) too short mil-max range

Edited by wwWolfcom
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:06 PM, wwWolfcom said:

The MIL detent is away from where it should be, (See the RPM with throttle at MIL marking) too short mil-max range

They actually gamified it on purpose.

On 6/12/2024 at 12:28 AM, scommander2 said:

Roger.

Updated:

TODO:
- A-95-GR (USN + IRIAF)
- A-135-GR (early)
- Pilot eject command display indication
- F110 nozzle indicators in B cockpit
- Jester radar work and new features (v2) = Jester 2.0
- Jester TimeToGo
- Jester nav fix
- Jester MLC option?
- TARPS functionality
- AIM-54 new API
- ECM fairings
- external equipment and crew when starting
- Afterbunner detent option like F-4
- adjust the texture of the pilot

To Fix:
- Hole in the back when canopy open (external)
- Canopy glass no effects from inside (external)
- model rudder glitch
- over-wing vapours (DCS limitations for wing sweep?)
- cannot see left wheels or wheel chocks from the cockpit
- Canopy glass no effects from outside, looking from cockpit head out?
- HUD green glass tint spill on side glasses
- black glitches on sides out of canopy view
- Helmet knob on internal pilots
- RIO radio knobs pointers
- altimeter thousands digits too small and grey [DCSF14-434]
- see through VDI and HSD (DCS limitation)
- CVN launch at night reacts to binding instead of actual lights' state
- AB/DLC and cockpit switches sounds + radalt sounds vol
- AP switch bind stops working after messing with SAS switches
- Jester setting Groom Lake ATC to 38.600
- bomb/rocket reticle jumping
- ejection seat arm/dearm sound loop
- refueling light gain
- no TCS/LANTIRN image in first mission in MT/VR
- aircraft can retract the gear on the ground and stand up again by lowering it!!!
- AoA indexer brightness dial below 6 makes 2 of the 3 lights cut out
- please fix the AIM54A in TWS  - it goes only up in the sky and will not follow the guidance after last patch
- GBU-24 wording shown on the Jester issue
- pilot killable/eject ratio adjustment (compare with the RIO survival ratio)
- the AI wingman's Tomcat's wings are clipping through the fuselage
- Jester assisted starup bugs/incomplete

Wish List:
- canopy fog and ice
- icing conditions for instruments and engines
- pylon and weapons G and airspeed limits
- advanced radar and missile RIO options
- kneeboard on the leg
- a 2-position command for the flaps
- Jester assisted startup without cockpit hints

Two things I didn’t see on your list:

-Jester currently not visible anymore in Jester Selection wheel , only empty aircraft ( on MT) 

-model error : In pilot cockpit , on the RMI, the top left orientation marker is not placed at the correct 45 degree interval between the 270 and 360 degree markers.

Edited by Snappy

Hi @Snappy for the 2nd item about model error, is there more information or the thread for it so that I can read more?  Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Hi @draconus, @wwWolfcom and @Snappy, please review the following updates and I am not sure about the model error.

I would like to take this list and post on the HB discord f-14-general channel, is it okay?  

Thanks.

Edited by scommander2

5 hours ago, scommander2 said:

Hi @draconus, @wwWolfcom and @Snappy, please review the following updates and I am not sure about the model error.

I would like to take this list and post on the HB discord f-14-general channel, is it okay? 

I'm fine with it. Just keep in mind it's not a complete list by all means. It started as my own pet peeves list, then made it more full of most obvious and frequently seen bugs and omissions, adding some wish list on top.

Here's the BDHI bug explained:

image.png

It's clear that one arrow is off. The whole image is rotated a bit. @Snappy What is RMI?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, draconus said:

I'm fine with it. Just keep in mind it's not a complete list by all means. It started as my own pet peeves list, then made it more full of most obvious and frequently seen bugs and omissions, adding some wish list on top.

Here's the BDHI bug explained:

image.png

It's clear that one arrow is off. The whole image is rotated a bit. @Snappy What is RMI?

It’s an acronym for “radio magnetic indicator” , a more generic / civilian term for this type of instrument as it is common in IFR equipped larger transport aircraft.

But you’re absolutely correct in the context of the F-14 it should be called by it’s official name, BDHI

@scommander2 For me the list is fine as well, as long as you put with a disclaimer that it is not complete.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Many thanks from all feedback, corrections, and suggestions.  Updated with:

1. disclaimer

2. BDHI

The updated list is available at:

Edited by scommander2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, scommander2 said:

Many thanks from all feedback, corrections, and suggestions.  Updated with:

1. disclaimer

2. BDHI

Disclaimer:
=========== 
The following list is compiled with feedbacks from our F-14 A/B players based on the current DCS release. The 
list is not complete, and it can be updated/changed by our player suggestions in any time without any restriction.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODO:
- A-95-GR (USN + IRIAF)
- A-135-GR (early)
- Pilot eject command display indication
- F110 nozzle indicators in B cockpit
- Jester radar work and new features (v2) = Jester 2.0
- Jester TimeToGo
- Jester nav fix
- Jester MLC option?
- TARPS functionality
- AIM-54 new API
- ECM fairings
- external equipment and crew when starting
- Afterbunner detent option like F-4
- adjust the texture of the pilot

To Fix:
- Hole in the back when canopy open (external)
- Canopy glass no effects from inside (external)
- model rudder glitch
- over-wing vapours (DCS limitations for wing sweep?)
- cannot see left wheels or wheel chocks from the cockpit
- Canopy glass no effects from outside, looking from cockpit head out?
- HUD green glass tint spill on side glasses
- black glitches on sides out of canopy view
- Helmet knob on internal pilots
- RIO radio knobs pointers
- altimeter thousands digits too small and grey [DCSF14-434]
- see through VDI and HSD (DCS limitation)
- CVN launch at night reacts to binding instead of actual lights' state
- AB/DLC and cockpit switches sounds + radalt sounds vol
- AP switch bind stops working after messing with SAS switches
- Jester setting Groom Lake ATC to 38.600
- bomb/rocket reticle jumping
- ejection seat arm/dearm sound loop
- refueling light gain
- no TCS/LANTIRN image in first mission in MT/VR
- aircraft can retract the gear on the ground and stand up again by lowering it!!!
- AoA indexer brightness dial below 6 makes 2 of the 3 lights cut out
- please fix the AIM54A in TWS  - it goes only up in the sky and will not follow the guidance after last patch
- GBU-24 wording shown on the Jester issue
- pilot killable/eject ratio adjustment (compare with the RIO survival ratio)
- the AI wingman's Tomcat's wings are clipping through the fuselage
- Jester assisted starup bugs/incomplete
- (MT mode) Jester currently not visible anymore in Jester Selection wheel , only empty aircraft
- Flap lever position need to be tweaked: Current in-game up/down position is Emergency up down position
- Bearing Distance Heading Indicator (BDHI): In pilot cockpit, the top left orientation marker is not placed at the correct 45 degree interval between the 270 and 360 degree markers

Wish List:
- canopy fog and ice
- icing conditions for instruments and engines
- pylon and weapons G and airspeed limits
- advanced radar and missile RIO options
- kneeboard on the leg
- a 2-position command for the flaps
- Jester assisted startup without cockpit hints

Very good, thank you very much for your work !

Just the status update: I had PM to @NineLine and @BIGNEWY about the rule of this forum for sharing our list at the discord F-14 general channel, and @NineLine is okay with it.

I will post this forum link and the list at discord, and hope HB can provide us some feedbacks.

Thank all's help 🙂 

Regarding the item "refueling light gain", I would say it's more than just gain but also angle of the light as well - which is easily 30-40 degrees off!

The thread about this goes back at least to Sept 2020 (yes, approaching four years now) when @IronMike said he had forgotten to put a tracker for the issue but he did it nonetheless. In every ED release since then, without a fail, I immediately scroll down to the list of fixes for the Tomcat to see whether this issue has been addressed or not. Needless to say, I have been disappointed far too many times. In my view, this is a top issue that needs to be fixed as a high priority item as it prevents long night CAPs (and no, NVG is not the answer for the early Tomcats).

)

Edited by Shahriar0
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, NEW is my Callsign. said:

Just a correction here: There will be no -95GR for the USN. The IIRIAF version will be the only 95 block and will just be an Early -135 A with some features disabled, such as TCS and Datalink.

Thanks and let other users comment it.

Hi all, I would like to add F-14B(U) into the wish list section and the reference can be found at:

Please let me know any concern, thanks!!

Posted (edited)

An update from @IronMike and thank @IronMike:

image.png

Updated the following items with the DCS forum links:

- [NO BUG] Shape of engine nozzles is wrong

- refueling light gain 

Edited by scommander2

I'd also like to stress that I'd love to see crew chief / startup functions like putting on the helmet, performing checks et cetera in the Tomcat. It's such a great feature of the Phantom.  

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

vor einer Stunde schrieb Tomcatter87:

I'd also like to stress that I'd love to see crew chief / startup functions like putting on the helmet, performing checks et cetera in the Tomcat. It's such a great feature of the Phantom.  

I would like that too, but doesn't the Navy use mostly hand signals?