Announcing Flaming Cliffs 2.0

Wags

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deepest expressions of GRATITUDE from all at -=Shrek=- Sqn, I sincerely hope that FC v2 will prevent the "death by Mod" that has caused much consternation with users of FC v1. Cant wait.......

Well, I would think Ogreman is referring to LRM, and how there are those that are opposed to mods. A fair enough preference for anyone to have. It would seem that yes, much of LRM will be redundant with 2.0, but at the same time, it will be redundant because 2.0 will include more realistic features and include some of what LRM was trying to achieve. With 2.0, it seems some will need to be prepared to change their tactics in order to adapt to changes/increased realism 2.0 will appear to offer.

Overall modding will not cease with 2.0 however, and in my opinion only, that is a good thing.

• Like 1

I know that it's way too obvious, but just in case, all aircraft (and ground unit) 3D models from Black Shark will be implemented on Lock On 2.0?

Think as if it where DCS:LOMAC, you take lomac planes into DCS, so you´ll have the same as KA50 pilots have.

Greetings

Well, I would think Ogreman is referring to LRM, and how there are those that are opposed to mods. A fair enough preference for anyone to have. It would seem that yes, much of LRM will be redundant with 2.0, but at the same time, it will be redundant because 2.0 will include more realistic features and include some of what LRM was trying to achieve. With 2.0, it seems some will need to be prepared to change their tactics in order to adapt to changes/increased realism 2.0 will appear to offer.

Overall modding will not cease with 2.0 however, and in my opinion only, that is a good thing.

LRM will have to be completely redone and perhaps much of it wont be needed anymore. Of course this is not to say Im downplaying the excellent work there, its just that things evolve...sometimes.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

ED said they were going to work on FC after the Ka-50 was out the door. They said so, and repeated so, two years ago.

This wasn't a surprise for me.

You are on the inside, of course it is no surprise for you.

Just because ED says something doesnt really mean anything. Them working on LOMAC could be adjusting the G tolerances and saying here ya go, see we worked on it. There was ever really any indication of what was planned to be worked on.

What is more surprising is charging. I have the money, so that is not a concern, it just seems like we are paying for a patch. At least FC had a new aircraft. 1.2 was supposed to be the KA50 and LOMAC anyways. This is all stuff that was talked about and supposed to come with 1.2.

So considering I am paying, I sure hope they don't make things worse :)

• Like 1

You are on the inside, of course it is no surprise for you.

Just because ED says something doesnt really mean anything. Them working on LOMAC could be adjusting the G tolerances and saying here ya go, see we worked on it. There was ever really any indication of what was planned to be worked on.

What is more surprising is charging. I have the money, so that is not a concern, it just seems like we are paying for a patch. At least FC had a new aircraft. 1.2 was supposed to be the KA50 and LOMAC anyways. This is all stuff that was talked about and supposed to come with 1.2.

So considering I am paying, I sure hope they don't make things worse :)

I think it will be much better for all, from what I have read.

ASROCK Z77 Pro4, I5 3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 760SC, Corsair TX750W, Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme, Solid State Hard Drive, Full Homebuilt Cockpit, TM HOTAS Wartpig, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TrackIR-5 w/TrackClip Pro, Vizio 42inch 1080p Monitor, Windows 7 64bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bloody top news :thumbup:

I'll be grabbing this for sure,I wonder if they'll be adding roll the view system,I know full 6DOF is not possible but surely roll wouldn't be too hard to implement and would add tremendously I think.

Either way I'll be grabbing this for sure,KA-50 hunting in my F-15 or A-10 is gunna be a hell of a lot of fun :joystick:

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

i love this shot...

FC2_Su-25T_pit.jpg

its awesome to see that the clouds produce the overcast on the ground...

now only if the clouds and fog were comparable to FSX's add on called real environment extreme... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4id74IFprE

Clouds have *always* cast shadows on the ground, that's nothing new. :music_whistling:

Since 2003/2004, when FSX was just a twinkle in some developer's eye. :lol:

Changing the topic...

Um, I would like to know what will be required to implement our 3d models back into 2.0. I'm going to want the 3GO Su-27, SimMod A-10 and Walmis F-15 back in 2.0.

So, what are these "minor modifications?" and is there any chance these 3rd party mods could be incorporated into 2.0 from the get-go?

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Changing the topic...

Um, I would like to know what will be required to implement our 3d models back into 2.0. I'm going to want the 3GO Su-27, SimMod A-10 and Walmis F-15 back in 2.0.

So, what are these "minor modifications?" and is there any chance these 3rd party mods could be incorporated into 2.0 from the get-go?

Aero

I guess the 3Go's team and Yeniceri from SIM-MOD will perform the evolution of their models for FC2 (I hope so), but the Walmi's F-15, I think nobody has got the source anymore and FC2 means : no more Wlamis F-15 (and when you see the screen shot of the F-15 at the begining of the thread, it's very worry because it is just awful.... But Borchi and Tomcatz are working hard on new F-15.... Thy ED for making us pay again for this crappy F-15 model from 2003 and thy to the fan who will rebuild it ;~)

PS : I've noticed I have loose some reputation points.... I'm quite critic with this patch, and I pay for that ? I don't want to be misunderstood : I'm very happy that ED realease this patch, and I just express some critics because nothing is all white or all back.... Anyway, I don't care of my rep here.

Edited by Lotham
  • Like 2

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was thinking of that too.

Only the frog got a 3D model upgrade.. the rest of the more popular aircraft (irony...) still have the same low poly model..

Anyway it maybe not really that unfortunate since there's the Sim mod A-10, the 3GO Flanker and the Walmis F-15, (though i'm looking forward to the newer Borchi one that could replace it.) iirc someone's working on a new Fulcrum model too (unsure if its for both MiG-29A & S..)

The only one that's left out is the Naval Flanker. May the 3GO team would do this?

So what i'm just wishing for is the ease of applying these previous user-made models to the FC 2.0..

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
yes, I agree, the FC 2.0 is a very great news as I've already written at the begining of the thread... but I also have a few fears about it, especially for the framerate. As everyone here is so happy, my dissident opinion is not so important.

I stop arguing because it's not constructive. I'll wait and probaby by this "patch" @ 15$... That's not so much.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it.

I was thinking of that too.

Only the frog got a 3D model upgrade.. the rest of the more popular aircraft (irony...) still have the same low poly model..

Anyway it maybe not really that unfortunate since there's the Sim mod A-10, the 3GO Flanker and the Walmis F-15, (though i'm looking forward to the newer Borchi one that could replace it.) iirc someone's working on a new Fulcrum model too (unsure if its for both MiG-29A & S..)

The only one that's left out is the Naval Flanker. May the 3GO team would do this?

So what i'm just wishing for is the ease of applying these previous user-made models to the FC 2.0..

IMHO it is good ED is not wasting time for new 3D models, where future of product is waiting - DCS. Various groups will do new 3D models like it has been in past.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I guess the 3Go's team and Yeniceri from SIM-MOD will perform the evolution of their models for FC2 (I hope so), but the Walmi's F-15, I think nobody has got the source anymore and FC2 means : no more Wlamis F-15 (and when you see the screen shot of the F-15 at the begining of the thread, it's very worry because it is just awful.... But Borchi and Tomcatz are working hard on new F-15.... Thy ED for making us pay again for this crappy F-15 model from 2003 and thy to the fan who will rebuild it ;~)

PS : I've noticed I have loose some reputation points.... I'm quite critic with this patch, and I pay for that ? I don't want to be misunderstood : I'm very happy that ED realease this patch, and I just express some critics because nothing is all white or all back.... Anyway, I don't care of my rep here.

Why would Walmis F-15 be doesn't compatible with FC 2.0? Don't i know something?

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Well considering that the 3GO Flanker, Walmis F-15 and Simmod A-10 are all currently available for use in DCS:Black Shark, I am sure with that they and other mods will easily be able to get installed into LO 2.0 by endusers as a modification. We have a lot of smart minds around here :). Not that big of a deal to install mods with the great Modman tool etc.

Why would Walmis F-15 be doesn't compatible with FC 2.0? Don't i know something?

Flaming Cliffs 2.0 Upgrade FAQ

Q: Will 3rd party modifications created for Flaming Cliffs 1.12 work in Flaming Cliffs 2.0?

A: Yes, in most cases. However, some minor modifications made need to be made for 3rd party-created aircraft.

That doesn't mean it wont work, but some minors pbs could appear on the Walmis F-15.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it.

That's the fact and another one is 14.95$ isn't very much. I'll probably buy this patch because I really love Lock-On and because I'm a great fan.

I really like the work ED does on LO but sometimes I'm disappointed... I have already said why so I'll wait for the patch FC 2.0 to give a constructive advice.

By the way : thx for the rep increase after the loss, it is still a pleasure :) Thy to 159Th_Viper for the inbound, not to Ulrich from the ED team for the loss

Edited by Lotham
  • Like 1

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMHO it is good ED is not wasting time for new 3D models, where future of product is waiting - DCS. Various groups will do new 3D models like it has been in past.

Lets not mention that my PC is struggling with existing models - please NO ADDITIONAL polys, no need for overdoing it :)

Just make >20 MP flawless, dedi server and tweak AI so it will be able to find alternative routes and use some sense. No more search radar on Vulcan and Shilka and similar silliness :)

Fix damage models for ships, vehicles and bunkers, so you cannot sink Kuznecov with Vikhrs or RBK's, and SEAD missile should hit antennae, not center of gravity, anti-RWY boms should make longer lasting damage --- lets make some use out of all those beautiful bombs :)

And no need for highly detailed vehicles - I don't care about whether nuts and bolts and handles are visible or not :)

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Lets not mention that my PC is struggling with existing models - please NO ADDITIONAL polys, no need for overdoing it :)

Just make >20 MP flawless, dedi server and tweak AI so it will be able to find alternative routes and use some sense. No more search radar on Vulcan and Shilka and similar silliness :)

Fix damage models for ships, vehicles and bunkers, so you cannot sink Kuznecov with Vikhrs or RBK's, and SEAD missile should hit antennae, not center of gravity, anti-RWY boms should make longer lasting damage --- lets make some use out of all those beautiful bombs :)

And no need for highly detailed vehicles - I don't care about whether nuts and bolts and handles are visible or not :)

Heh I think you wish too much :P

IIRC Shilka has radar, anyway I've seen more opinions and arts it had.

For gound pounders there is need fix. Rocket pods are so weak, gunpods too (in Su-25) :)

@lotham, thx I didn't read text carefully, now I get it.

ಠ_ಠ