1:500000 printable DCS/FC2.0 Tactical Chart (WIP)

igormk

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

AFAIK it depends on the success of the printed version of TC-1, and community’s attitude and desire for the second version of the map.

BTW, it is not only that the new map need to be expanded to the east, there are also some other changes that need to be made and features that need to be added on the entire area.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey igormk, I sent you some PMs a few months ago, but didn't get an answer. Did you get them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I asked igormk if he could provide raw data of the map. He answered that I'd need to ask Jim as the map is not igormks exclusive work.

Now just to let you know why I asked for it:

Rather than having this one large map printed, I'd like to have some kind of low-colour version of the map, so one could print just the part he needs for a specific mission. Flying 1-2 missions a week would heavily stress my printers toner, which is why I thought of a more minimalsitic version of the map.

If some of you like this idea I'd like to offer my help to this project by trying what I can achieve in reducing the colour intensity.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did same in 104th server's maps. I Photoshopped them for my purpose and better look for BW laser printer.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I did same in 104th server's maps. I Photoshopped them for my purpose and better look for BW laser printer.

So maybe you should do that job instead of me, as for now I don't know what to do exactly to match my personal needs... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So maybe you should do that job instead of me, as for now I don't know what to do exactly to match my personal needs... ;)

Neither do I know :P

I just manipulated black-white channel and improved some colours to make them more fluid mean time increasing roads and units routes visibility. Nothing fancy - just to make good plan of attack without any artistic vision of map look. As 104th's missions don't change often after some time you have plan in memory so you don't use map, but as I play in personal campaign with others sometimes I prepare just-before take off plan of attack and we fly ;]

The first version what I have made, later I didn't have to use it...

krasnodar.jpg

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

In case Jim Mack decides to hand me some raw files I'll give it a shot and see what I can do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...

I did something similar for old lockon and I would like to propose one thing.

For better reading and visibility of the text labels it is good to use hallo effect or lets say outline. For better contrast of the blue labels it is ideal to use white hallo efect. What do you think?

I can do that but I need source data.

• 9 months later...

This thread is almost a year old but I was wondering if there has been any success in continuing the map out to the current DCS: World level? I'm a hungry Su-25T jockey when I'm not taking it easy in the A-10 and I'm looking for a map to try and keep up with the tech rich Ka-50s.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

• 5 months later...

Hi there, with DCS Huey almost here, we will need a good quality map to navigate on, This one of course looks like it will fit the bill perfectly. Can anyone tell me whether this map is still valid for navigation in DCS World or have the maps changed too much?

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi there, with DCS Huey almost here, we will need a good quality map to navigate on, This one of course looks like it will fit the bill perfectly. Can anyone tell me whether this map is still valid for navigation in DCS World or have the maps changed too much?

Cowboy10uk

It'll work fine, but does not contain the eastward expansion towards Tbilisi.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Cheers for the quick answer mate. Guess I better download and start practicing my nav. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Is there a way to read the map data from DCS? I see the file extension as a .sup3.

I know ArcGIS will not read that extension. (I tried)

I would really like to get the lines of communications and structures in a shapefile format if possible and probably make another map to include Tbisili.

you should purchase TC-1, cut it through the folds into little maps, set a reference page for each little piece, and use the TAD one here for landmarks.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 4 months later...

Kneepad

Hi igormk !

Thanks for this cool map, I love it !

I made an iOS application that displays high-resolution maps (obviously for using them while flying in DCS), and I took the liberty of packaging your map.

It's available for free here ; tell me if you want me to change the description text, or even to stop sharing your map altogether...

Regards,

David.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Hi igormk !

Thanks for this cool map, I love it !

I made an iOS application that displays high-resolution maps (obviously for using them while flying in DCS), and I took the liberty of packaging your map.

It's available for free here ; tell me if you want me to change the description text, or even to stop sharing your map altogether...

Regards,

David.

Hi David!

I'm glad you like the map.

No problem with me if you use it for your app.

Of course, you have to be aware that eastern (extended) area is missing, and the LL and MGRS grids are not completely precise (they were with BS1 and FC2 map, but now if you use them you will get some errors with coordinates).

Regards,

Igor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brilliant. I will give this a go. I have ONC's (and TPC's) for the whole region in digital format. The ONC's are better imo for the fast jet stuff. Can I import these into this app ?

You'd have been able to, but the project was cancelled because it conflicted with another project started by Julien Rozé (google it).

Anyway, is it possible to get a copy of your maps, please ?

I'm planning a more generic iOS application and I could use these maps to make it better before starting a beta...

You can reach me via email, dpierron at gmail dot com

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

You'd have been able to, but the project was cancelled because it conflicted with another project started by Julien Rozé (google it).

Anyway, is it possible to get a copy of your maps, please ?

I'm planning a more generic iOS application and I could use these maps to make it better before starting a beta...

You can reach me via email, dpierron at gmail dot com

Check PM's

• 3 years later...