ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead

Total

When was the last time you used it Bumfire?? Some people did have some trouble with the very 1st version. Must admit i never had a problem myself, it all ran fine.

Anyway the latest version of the updater suite is alot more advanced than the original.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've grown tired of Takistan. The map concept is fine, but lacks various terrain personalities common to that region. ie caves, accessible fissures in the rocks, snow at higher elevations (instead of just being a pasted effect on a background), and the sand plains that slow down vehicle traffic.

While I still enjoy Chesnarus, I really do wish BIS would release an official port of Sahrani for ArmA2. IMHO, while not based upon an actual geographic location, it was still believable and very diverse in the terrain character. Desert, forrest, several larger cities for urban combat, and mountainous areas all in one large environment.

I really wonder why those games always have to be realeased on realistic terrains or whatever.

There can be so much interesting terrains, hand made or improved.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I just bought this, combined operations, and with Cliffs of dover and DCS:A10C also coming out soon I am officially kissing my life goodbye!! This spring is gonna be crazy. They are gonna find me starved to death because I forgot to eat :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

I just bought this, combined operations, and with Cliffs of dover and DCS:A10C also coming out soon I am officially kissing my life goodbye!! This spring is gonna be crazy. They are gonna find me starved to death because I forgot to eat :D

:megalol:

we all know too well how "fast" time fly's when you're playing on the computer no doubt. 3 hours never went by so fast. I can tell I've been playing too long when I generally get irritable. Irritability ensues...time to turn it OFF! Go outside, play in the snow........(by play in the snow I really mean get the eff away from the computer) and maaaaaybe come back a little later ;).

It is nice to have options to suit your mood though. You feel like getting dirty, ARMA, you feel like putting mav's on armour; DCS A-10C you feel like getting up close and personal in a gunzo dogfight; Cliffs of Dover.

Rather than battling each other for supremacy there is definitely room for all great sims under one roof, holding hands and singing "heal the world" and all that noise ;).

Yeah too tiny time:

Shogun2 on the horizon,

RoF DC on the horizon,

A10C On the horizon (final version),

Il2:COD on The horizon

t least i have no kid, there s enought of me in the house :)

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

the six updater is PITA here, not steam ;)

The only difference between a regular install and the steam one is the location of root folder, the actual file structure is the same.

Oh, that. Thanks for the info. Recently I've stumbled upon an "idiot installer" too. I dare to call it like that because it has been provided officially (some utility app, let's say).

• Like 1

@Bucic yea same here I could' not get OA and the other add ons to work with the steam version for the mods.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

If anyone is looking for a cool Europe based community for this check out MARSOC:

http://www.going4.com/teamwork

We use ACE and play on a variety of islands other than Takistan. Always recruiting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

Anyone recommend servers for beginners? Been spending most of my time in singleplayer and practicing with weapons and Humvee driving in the armory.

I like playing in the 82nd. There are a lot of nice people in there, but you do get the jerk every now and then.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

ArmA2 saved me from the beta6 waiting insanity :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

I've grown tired of Takistan. The map concept is fine, but lacks various terrain personalities common to that region. ie caves, accessible fissures in the rocks, snow at higher elevations (instead of just being a pasted effect on a background), and the sand plains that slow down vehicle traffic.

While I still enjoy Chesnarus, I really do wish BIS would release an official port of Sahrani for ArmA2. IMHO, while not based upon an actual geographic location, it was still believable and very diverse in the terrain character. Desert, forrest, several larger cities for urban combat, and mountainous areas all in one large environment.

Much as I love Arma II, I have to confess I think Arma engaged me just that little bit more. Sahrani had some brilliantly realised locations. I hate the idea it is seen as the red-headed stepchild of the franchise, it is still excellent.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have had equal amounts of fun in both games, btu I will be honest that playing Evolution on Sahrani in the old days was fun as hell.

We played in our own server and would not take Paraiso by camping on the hill. We would grab MP5's and take it fromt he inside out.

Also, in those days, there was no MHQ to spawn at, so that made things alot more fun. I also edited a version to where the main spawn was on a small island at the very north end of the island and we had to use boats to get to the mainland. After that, we had to fight our way down to the main airbase.

Made for alot of fun :D

What do you mean? There is PvP in ARMA, are you referring to the lack of servers running PvP? I find co-op a nice change due to the fact that most games do not have it. Getting four or five of your friends to hang out of a little bird at dark thirty and take down an airport full of well trained AI bad guys is great fun.

Can be fun, but nit as good as the airport being protected by human players. I got sick of fighting AI in ArmA.

I understand you, but human players can be so jerkish and not coordinate at some time they are as easy as AI.

Only real interesting games are when 2 more or less coordinated/Integrated team collide.

Thats what i liked in AAO, some pugs would get really coordinated after 2 to 3 matches and many really interesting situation would arise.

It s really beautifull to see teamworks even when you ve been wacked by them :)

Edited by Succellus

Gentlemen,

If you want to try our gaming nights you will be more than welcome. We run Ace but all the info you need can be found here> http://zeus-community.net/jom and we play Thursdays and Sundays 20.00 GMT. Our TS3 server is teamspeak.zeus-community.net:9987

:gun_smilie:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]