Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4720 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

No GGTharos, What I am talking about is a realistic scenario!

I have read somewhere about a carrier version of the Su25. Also the carrier variant of the Mig29 is the 'K' Version. Why not do these two aircraft in DCS depth, one after another (like Black Shark & A10C) covering the whole Black Sea Region.

Is it impossible?

Does anything that flies from the Kuznetsov have SEAD capability? Even if not, the Su-33 would still be a great choice for the next DCS module.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the Su-33 is packing some form of interesting SEAD weapon (ie. special R-27 warhead), no.

Information about the Su-33 is relatively hard to come by and so far it appears to be exactly what we are told it is: A maritime interceptor meant to defend the fleet from enemy airborne anti-submarine and anti-ship assets, nothing more.

In any case, the Kuz and the fleet it protects likely do not need those too much since they are one huge array of supersonic anti-ship missiles.

Unlike US aircraft carriers, the Kuznetzov's job is not to project power. It is to help sink aircraft carrier groups.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

How so? Only the USMC use them. And I wouldn't really call it multirole, it's a cas aircraft with an air to air capability.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The Harrier AV-8B is possibly the most used multi-role fighter.:)

So with the Harrier I can re-enact that scene from that one Arnold movie? Because if I could do that all over the Crimea that would be awesome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

I have read somewhere about a carrier version of the Su25.

Su-25UTG. No weapons, no aim. Only 2 two seater carrier trainer.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

F-16 block 50/52+ (+23 Countries) :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

F-16 block 50/52+ (+23 Countries) :thumbup:

With CFT's for operational value and looks :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

F-18E or C, prefer E. Would be happy with F-16C also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Well if history of Sim releases and the law suit that set the standards with 1C company.

Licensing for these aircraft with said companies is going to be ruff.

Maybe thats why Falcon 4 AF upgrade is having problems.

These aircraft companies seem to think they own the rights to the models of their design when in fact it's the USA citizen that owns it.

So I would take them to court in a class action law suite for the Eminent domain law for citizen use rights. Once its declassified it becomes public domain. Tax payer rights.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Actually, they do hold the rights.

Even if you hire a simple designer, even for a basic logo for your own company or even personal use, you pay for it, you may use it, but the designer will remain owner of the design and may dictate you how to use it, where and when to stop using it. Fair or not, that's nothing odd or bad national law. At the very best, it's bad management, as these things could be treated otherwise in given contracts.

Same is for Falcon4, but not the way you interpreted it. The Falcon4-code is created by people as well and no matter who gave the money for it, no matter what could be done now, the code belongs to the company from the original design. Even though it is now owned by Hasbro, the attitude stays the same:

No changes to core elements.

That's why Falcon AF still looks like 1998. ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Mig-29!

All Mig29 Fans. Come together!:pilotfly:

Keep gunning for the Fulcrum. My belief is that we are going to get our dream manchine next. Come on ED, make our dreams come true!!!

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Well, I already said any mutirole jet, but there's another wish:

Any trainer. :)

300px-T-6A_Texan_II.jpg

Beechcraft T-6A Texan II - 430 in use, being upgraded to glass cockpit T-6B

T-38Talon_1.jpg

Northrop T-38A Talon - 200 in use + 225 T-38C (modern cockpit, avionics)

t45_goshawk.jpg

McDonnell Douglas T-45C Goshawk - 220 in use

Would be excellent to help newbie, for virtual squadrons... :)

Then till me why this got released for free to the public when the contract expired..

OpJCOVE VBS2 which was developed by BiS and sold to Great Britain, then release free to the public eminent public taxpayer domain. According to them it was paid for by the tax payer and they can now release it for free. only a limited version.

Actually, they do hold the rights.

Even if you hire a simple designer, even for a basic logo for your own company or even personal use, you pay for it, you may use it, but the designer will remain owner of the design and may dictate you how to use it, where and when to stop using it. Fair or not, that's nothing odd or bad national law. At the very best, it's bad management, as these things could be treated otherwise in given contracts.

Same is for Falcon4, but not the way you interpreted it. The Falcon4-code is created by people as well and no matter who gave the money for it, no matter what could be done now, the code belongs to the company from the original design. Even though it is now owned by Hasbro, the attitude stays the same:

No changes to core elements.

That's why Falcon AF still looks like 1998. ;)

Well, I already said any mutirole jet, but there's another wish:

Any trainer. :)

Would be excellent to help newbie, for virtual squadrons... :)

I would be glad to see a turboprop trainer like PZL-13 Orlik or even the ugly Tucano.

;)

Then till me why this got released for free to the public when the contract expired..

OpJCOVE VBS2 which was developed by BiS and sold to Great Britain, then release free to the public eminent public taxpayer domain. According to them it was paid for by the tax payer and they can now release it for free. only a limited version.

This is actually a really good example of what I posted.

This software was designed by a dev-team hired by the GB-government. They programmed the "game" and used it for training and advertising, much like the US-Army did with the Americas Army shooter. They released it to the public with the note, that you already payed for it - so it's even free to play.

This agreement, however, does not grant you the right to decompile, modify or copy the sourcecode. The devs or the government still holds the right on this and cracking the coding still is a crime.

Transfering back to the airplane-issue, this is much the same: You are allowed as a private owner to buy e.g. a Spitfire, if you find one available. But you are not allowed to copy the design and use the data to build your own 1:1 replica without permission, as this design is still owned by the Supermarine (or whoever has the rights now). Not for a real plane and not in a simulation, depending on how closely the company sticks to their rights.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD