>> REAL "6DOF" with all aircraft FC2 | The revolution |

Why ED don´t do it from the begginin?

And its a user who has to discover it

Greetings

Because this feature should be a big asset for next DCS release and by doing it with FC2 they would limit number of future DCS buyers. I suppose, but i don't think it is something to worry about because market for flight sims is so thirsty it will absorb any new release, especially with quality presented by ED products. This thread will disappear soon enough anyway, just as Nevada terrain did, but the word will spread ;)

Edited by czarnyolek
  • Like 1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because this feature should be a big asset for next DCS release and by doing it with FC2 they would limit number of future DCS buyers. I suppose, but i don't think it is something to worry about because market for flight sims is so thirsty it will absorb any new release, especially with quality presented by ED products. This thread will disappear soon enough anyway, just as Nevada terrain did, but the word will spread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43634

At least make an effort to be informed before making such ridiculous statements. The cockpits in FC2 are the same as in Lock On and FC - not designed for 6 DOF technology and based on 2D texture panels in a 3D space. Expanding the 6 DOF limits can produce graphical artifacts in these cockpits. However, the code is there and open for you to experiment and if you find a good solution that provides both more movement and no artifacts, we are only happy to see it.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Because this feature should be a big asset for next DCS release and by doing it with FC2 they would limit number of future DCS buyers. I suppose, but i don't think it is something to worry about because market for flight sims is so thirsty it will absorb any new release, especially with quality presented by ED products. This thread will disappear soon enough anyway, just as Nevada terrain did, but the word will spread ;)

Perhaps It's because quality standards. Some of us can live with modded cockpit and it's flaws (you'll see disapearing textures and other glitches when you move the head to the limits), some others not. But I suspose ED as a corporation prefers limited 6DoF without glitches. Also, they did it as a lua file, not encoded in any file so it's open to modify, be thankful.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43634

At least make an effort to be informed before making such ridiculous statements. The cockpits in FC2 are the same as in Lock On and FC - not designed for 6 DOF technology and based on 2D texture panels in a 3D space. Expanding the 6 DOF limits can produce graphical artifacts in these cockpits. However, the code is there and open for you to experiment and if you find a good solution that provides both more movement and no artifacts, we are only happy to see it.

I meant one with Hawgs work witch disappeared when mod got to lockonfiles download section.

Anyway i dont keep myself updated with DCS news as i'm not into helis or a-10s, so i don't think i'm obliged to it. My apologies thou :thumbup:.

Just hope that no one will delete this thread as 6dof in FC2 will give us more fun, so i don't want my statements lead to limit others access to this mod.

humble pole

Edited by czarnyolek

Very nice +1

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

The cockpits in FC2 are the same as in Lock On and FC - not designed for 6 DOF technology and based on 2D texture panels in a 3D space. Expanding the 6 DOF limits can produce graphical artifacts in these cockpits. However, the code is there and open for you to experiment and if you find a good solution that provides both more movement and no artifacts, we are only happy to see it.

Perhaps It's because quality standards. Some of us can live with modded cockpit and it's flaws (you'll see disapearing textures and other glitches when you move the head to the limits), some others not. But I suspose ED as a corporation prefers limited 6DoF without glitches. Also, they did it as a lua file, not encoded in any file so it's open to modify, be thankful.

I see.

Thanks

Greetings

How does this values work ? What must I change to "reduce" the effects of movement, but keep enough freedom do see behind the cockpit bars?

Actually these values give texture problem because we are too far on the left or right side of the cockpit.

local new_6DOF = {x = {-0.02,0.35},y = {-0.15,0.21},z = {-0.26,0.26},roll = 90.0}

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

you'll need to experiment yourself, but it "seems" pretty straight forward..

The X = value is the limit on the X axis , the y values is the Y axis, the z values are the limits on the Z axis.

Judging from the lack of symetry in some of the values, I think it can be assumed ED are using an "X Up" approach, where the X axis is up and down, Y axis is forward and back, and Z axis is left and right ... just tweak the limits inwards towards 0 (for eg. try z = {-0.2,0.2} ) and see if that helps you..if you need less movement still, set the upper and lower limits closer to 0...for more movement, then extend the distance from 0 for the limits.

If someone can corect whic Axis are which , that'd be great, as I do not have access to a FC2 machine to test personaly.

Edited by nemises

Realistically 'up/down' should have the least motion, followed right up with 'forward/back' which should be fairly restricted, and only left/right should be significantly less restricted (0.1 works, you might want to try up to 0.15)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Realistically 'up/down' should have the least motion, followed right up with 'forward/back' which should be fairly restricted, and only left/right should be significantly less restricted (0.1 works, you might want to try up to 0.15)

As well as forward and back... IRL the pilot has the "Seat belt sign" to ON and keeps his body from flying around in the cockpit and rolling around :lol:

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Aah, much hated clipping. Get's in your way in almost any game. Even more annoying when you don't understand it...

It's not clipping, it's non-existent 3D model.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• ED Team

Correct. Expanding the views outside the defaults exposes the limited geometry of the cockpits. To have included the values stated in this thread would have led to countless bug accusations. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I like the default setting of it actually. You can look around the ejection seat far enough to see your wingman in a loose formation. Those extreme movements from the youtube clips seem too much to me. After all the pilot is tied to his seat and not walking around an airliner.

I like the default setting of it actually....

Aye - there's a Good reason for the existence of the 'Default' values. Oh Wei, like Kids in a Candy-Store - always certain that the Good Stuff can only be found under the Counter, much to the Shopkeeper's Annoyance......:D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So there's a separate external models for cockpit views?

No, Lock On uses the same external model for cockpit view (except it removes simple interior and pilot from external model). The trick is that it renders cockpit always as the last object, so it appears on top of everything else.

Holes are seen in places that are not covered by cokcpit model, because there you look at exterior model 'from the inside'. The polygons are visible from one (external) side only.

It has nothing to do with viewport clipping that can be seen in Lockon when you mess in Modman with clipping setting, or in every other game. It's just how the Lock On engine works, and how the models were built back in 2003 (or earlier).

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.7844bb113d7fbb76e0aa0eddde46fece.jpg

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro