DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Yes! Absolutely correct. The EAC and it's dependencies are essential for PAC to work. You will notice the nose move a bit down when engaging PAC mid-air. If any of the EAC's dependencies is gone, apart from the warning indication you will notice PAC, EAC will deactivate and the nose lift a bit. Also opening the air refueling door, disengages both EAC and PAC... unfortunately that is one of the most inconvenient moments to lift the nose. :D

I see. So basically PAC works through autopilot. Makes sense. Thank you.

go to controls, use pulldown to select cheats and look for the startup shortcut. you may assign a convenient one to that... Personally, I would recommend to train manually startup. It takes some 3 to 4 procedures to get the basics in mind and then it quickly gets routine.

Look at the wiki for checklists on startup and training guides. Or search the forum. Plenty of brilliant stuff there!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks for that, I can start her manually no probs not hard but sometimes I just dont have the time

Hmm, then I would manually start with an optimised and abbreviated checklist.

I do it like this:

- battery

- inverter and both L-and R-Engine Gens to ON

- APU on

- while APU powers on, ALL electrical switches to ON (CDU, MFCDs, Radios, TGP, HUD color, IFFCC, etc.)

- APU Gen ON

- SAS, Trim t/o, Antiskid, UFC enter for "Test" or you may skip that

- on the MFCD press "load all"

- when "warning" honks, Master caution, and switch of APU gen (Eng Gen took over Power)

- Close canopy

- (Call Tower: optional) start Engine L

- TAD, UFC Func 7 (FLPLAN)

- DSMS, check weapon profiles and adjust

- (Call Tower: optional) start Engine R

- IFFCC to on if you did the "Test" cycle

- Right MFCD: TGP, adjust slew, check LaseCode, adjust if necessary (usually in Multiplayer only)

- now CDU should be ready, NAV, RDR ALT, EGI, EAC

- Activate NWS and off you go...

I'm sure it is quicker than autostarup, just you are occupied by doing it yourself. The biggest benefit is: I check and adjust a lot of things on the ground and not in mid-air while trying to stay in formation, e.g. LaseCodes, DSMS Profiles etc.

May be you try it for yourself, or you adjust the procedure to your preference...:thumbup:

Edited by shagrat
add explanation

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

In an effort to get more acquainted with the emergency procedures I've been toying with Manual Reversion Mode and while I've had success using it when losing my engines in missions, trying to activate it during normal flight with no damage has lead to... strange results.

So my question is, why is it that when I switch to manual reversion mode does my plane fall out of the sky if I attempt to change my trim?

Literally I trim up and the plane radically noses down with no real ability to control it. This is during a no damage "practice" flight with all systems totally functional but the Man Reversion switch set to override.

I'm a detail guy so I wanna understand how the system works, not just flip a switch when stuff hits the fan and hope for the best. This however isn't making much sense to me.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

In an effort to get more acquainted with the emergency procedures I've been toying with Manual Reversion Mode and while I've had success using it when losing my engines in missions, trying to activate it during normal flight with no damage has lead to... strange results.

So my question is, why is it that when I switch to manual reversion mode does my plane fall out of the sky if I attempt to change my trim?

Literally I trim up and the plane radically noses down with no real ability to control it. This is during a no damage "practice" flight with all systems totally functional but the Man Reversion switch set to override.

I'm a detail guy so I wanna understand how the system works, not just flip a switch when stuff hits the fan and hope for the best. This however isn't making much sense to me.

Try to have a look at this thread especially the last page.

It seems there is still a bug here, but even if modeled correct, it is not that easy... I tried a few times, but after a while the plane gets unstable through my tries to keep it stable exaggerating more and more. :(

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 1

Shagrat

Where can I find a list of radio channels for all of the airports, both ground and tower?

Here!:smartass:

EDIT: more precise this one

The Airfield guide contains the radio frequencies as well.

P.S: there are multiple Charts with graphics of the field layout available on the forum. Need to search a bit or try the wiki...

Edited by shagrat
Added direct link

Shagrat

Try to have a look at this thread especially the last page.

It seems there is still a bug here, but even if modeled correct, it is not that easy... I tried a few times, but after a while the plane gets unstable through my tries to keep it stable exaggerating more and more. :(

I knew it. And that was an exhausting read til post #52. Vindication!

Its too bad that this is broken, since its a system we the gamer is much more likely to end up needing (thanks to really bad flying and stupid risks taken) than the real pilots.

Thanks for that link. Was very good.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Perfect! Thanks ShagRat!

Your welcome!

...by the way -> http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Shagrat to prevent misinterpretation :megalol:

Shagrat

Crash to Desktop while flying 1st campaign mission with DCS 1.2.1 and Last Update.

Hello,

I'm posting this here to know if I'm the only one to get CTD errors which turns in "Crash To Launcher" after clicking on the standard windows message.

The launcher then display the "lost campaign" screen. (After the first mission...) and then the debrief and TRK from a previous mission finished correctly.(IE: Training Mission)

This happens mainly or faster with the "Offensive CAS" mission but not only. It seems to happen when my firsts weapons reach targets.

I had no such issue with the previous release.

I already used two sets of activation for my whole A-10C, BS2, P-51D and CA package. I did reinstall folowing the process, deleting all relative files, checking the MD5, no reinstalling CA (Beta Status) etc...

So maybe the mission of Georgian Hammer are not anymore compatible. If so, I'd like to know.

My setup is in the signature and my OS is "Seven Ultimate x64".

Thanks for your answers and forgive my bad english from late in the night.

Edited by FlankerD

The one and only ... "Flanker-D" :doh:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, I7 980x, 6Gb Corsair DDR1866Mhz, 2*580GTX SLI, SB X-Fi Titanium, SSD OCZ & HDD WD Raptor 10kt/mn

Hotas Cougar & Warthog + CH P. Pro Pedals & Track-IR 4

Shut down engines and request repair via the ground crew radio menu.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Hello,

I'm posting this here to know if I'm the only one to get CTD errors which turns in "Crash To Launcher" after clicking on the standard windows message.

The launcher then display the "lost campaign" screen. (After the first mission...) and then the debrief and TRK from a previous mission finished correctly.(IE: Training Mission)

This happens mainly or faster with the "Offensive CAS" mission but not only. It seems to happen when my firsts weapons reach targets.

I had no such issue with the previous release.

I already used two sets of activation for my whole A-10C, BS2, P-51D and CA package. I did reinstall folowing the process, deleting all relative files, checking the MD5, no reinstalling CA (Beta Status) etc...

So maybe the mission of Georgian Hammer are not anymore compatible. If so, I'd like to know.

My setup is in the signature and my OS is "Seven Ultimate x64".

Thanks for your answers and forgive my bad english from late in the night.

I have the same issues.

now after i shut my engines down to get repaired they wount start and they have fuel

Do you know how to start the engines in the first place? To my knowledge, restarting the engines after repairs requires the exact same steps as during a cold start (or did I miss something and there's a bug?).

Basically:

• Check batteries on
  • Check inverter on
  • Check HOTAS throttle is in idle (or Off if you have the TM Warthog)
  • Check Anti skid on
  • Check Fuel boost pumps on
  • Start APU and wait till running at 100% RPM
  • Start engine (Left/Right)

Said engine should quickly begin to spool up and stabilize around 60% core RPM.

Make sure the ITT is below 150°C before you attempt a restart.

Also, in case you have not activated the inverter before attempting to start the engine the ignition won´t work, which in turn means the combustion chamber will be flooded with fuel. To get rid of that fuel move the throttle to the off position and then move and hold the ENG OPER switch from the NORM to the MOTOR position. Hold it there for about a minute or so, then set it back to NORM and try to start the engine again.

Actually, motoring the engine also helps if your ITT is above 150°C.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

Apparently it's a glitch if one of your engines does not start upon repair. You need to repair the aircraft a second time. It should fix that problem, but yes, you need to do the motor switch for 30 seconds to purge the fuel, then start it normally. Obviously before you repair make sure you connect power with ground crew. No point having to do a complete restart by shutting the whole thing off.

Hey,

can someone please tell me how to communicate with other units? I've enabled my vhf radio - set it to "TR" and to "Manual". According to the briefing the frequenzy is 124.00. So I've set it to that number. Every time I try to reach an AWACs for example, I don't get any reply. It just stays silent. I've already tried to set my radio to FM and AM too. Same problem. Do I have to activate that radio somehow?

Hey,

can someone please tell me how to communicate with other units? I've enabled my vhf radio - set it to "TR" and to "Manual". According to the briefing the frequenzy is 124.00. So I've set it to that number. Every time I try to reach an AWACs for example, I don't get any reply. It just stays silent. I've already tried to set my radio to FM and AM too. Same problem. Do I have to activate that radio somehow?

First make sure the "easy coms" are set to off in the settings.

Then you have to use the right button in order to use the proper radio.

There're 3 :

MIC switch forward = (Num +) + (LAlt) = VHF AM Radio

MIC switch down = (Num -) + (LAlt) = UHF

MIC switch afterward = (Num -) + LShift) = VHF FM

In the campaign missions other flights, AWACS and Tanker are accessible through the VHF AM radio

BTW I also have a question regarding radio coms.

In the flight manual, radio com section, p 634, you see a list that should show up when you're talking to your flight (F2) :

F1 : Navigation

F2 : Engage

(...)

F7 : Fence In

F8 : Fence Out

(...)

Those 2 options never show up. They should allow you to tell your wingman to turn on and off his collision lights and ECM. Nothing game breaking but it's a bit annoying to see your wingman with all his lights on while flying at night above enemy territory.

Edited by Eight Ball