DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I don't want to make a new thread for this, so I try to ask here.

I have problem with "default" camera zoom and position. Since I'm not using anything like TrackIR, sometimes I need to restart camera to it's default position. I guess zoom is ok, but angle of default camera isn't exactly something I like.

Is there any way, like some file, that I can edit and change the default camera angle?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know how the RWR detects missile launches? For example, I get missile warnings for friendly AGMs and even IR SAMs. How does it know?
The missile warning system on your A-10 detects the heat signature from a missile's exhaust. It's independent of the RWR and it's why you get a warning even when a friendly missile is fired.

Anybody know what these are????? I have been looking around but I cannot find a reference to it, I thought 1 may be the pac??? And 2 for ground power???

I also thought I would drop in a pic of my next car, whatcha think, will it have road presence or what? hehe

ac10cqa.thumb.jpg.b6d5c7895b6cbd9de9c725953feaf5db.jpg

34M4T3n.thumb.png.d6ad2b32f311db02303be19dcef9f6dd.png

x55 mouse nipple

Not sure? Ask here!

I was told to stay away from the x55 software till I got better with the game. For the life of me I cant figure out the axis for the slew. I want to use the mouse nipple on my x55 HOTAS as slew, please help, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
So, the "Clear Hung Station" procedure on p.292 is incorrect?

Yes, not sure where ED got that info but there is no way to "clear" a hung store except land and let weapons work the issue.

Maybe ED attempted to have a way around that in the sim but knowing that's not possible I never even read the "Clear Hung Station" section.

• Like 1

IIRC Wags explained somewhere, that some of these functions have been put to handle weapons in game at all. I remember for example the HoF or fuzing is set by the ground crew IRL and can't be changed via DSMS, correct?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

On a related note, how do you get to the Data Transfer System MFCD page when in flight?

Hold down one of the bottom MFCD buttons on an MFCD so you get the button-select screen, then assign that screen to one of the buttons. You will have to replace one of your already-assigned screens, but you can change it back when you're done.

• Like 1

Hold any button on the bottom for 3 sec(?) Click on Load and select a slot at the bottom row. Click load.

To set it back reverse the procedure.

• Like 1

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

IIRC Wags explained somewhere, that some of these functions have been put to handle weapons in game at all. I remember for example the HoF or fuzing is set by the ground crew IRL and can't be changed via DSMS, correct?

Correct but IMO a lot different than a hung weapon because of improper procedures.

Yep, but I always try NOT to change HoF in mid flight, for that reason. It is convenient, but in the real plane you can't...

After you learned the proper drop procedure you shouldn't need the reset for hung stores anyway :D

While practicing it comes in quite handy. Still it is unnerving enough to make you do it right quickly.

Shagrat

Can someone please direct me to info on updating my DCS A-10c program; I just bought it new last month from Amazon and it's version 1.1.0.9.

And do I need anything else to play in DCS World?

Appreciate some help,

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Can someone please direct me to info on updating my DCS A-10c program; I just bought it new last month from Amazon and it's version 1.1.0.9.

And do I need anything else to play in DCS World?

Appreciate some help,

Go to ED and download the DCS World installer. Once installed you can download the modules from within the program itself.

Uninstall that 1.1.0.9 thing and never install it again. It's years old.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

All you need is the Installation Key from the box.

Go to http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com and download and install DCS World (it is free, as in no cost).

Now on the same website, there is a login/create account section left bottom.

Create a shop account.

Now in the your personal account there is an option to register the key for the A-10C.

I post some screen, guide in a a few minutes.

Last in DCS World there is the module manager which should ask to install the new module if the key is registered...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat