DCS A-10C Screen Shots - 16 Aug 2010

Wags

• ED Team

Attached are five new DCS: A-10C Warthog screen shots that show off some of the Nevada range, new squadrons markings, and payload options. This is still very much WIP.

We are currently in the process of converting to DX11, so aspects of the game are not looking so great during this transition. After the conversion is done and the game is looking good again, I hope to create the next video note.

1.thumb.jpg.5cf25c49e191268089c5f2215fd44a0a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.0ad6609f9086e47a34ccba7e68a399be.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.abb219d89c09c465e6e512b77d8ac121.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.daa3a9a362dc2fea0c9b596dd5d26a38.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.4208bfa7375ba26e4be8598984a2c359.jpg

Edited by Wags
  • Like 2

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know you had plans on targetting for DX11.

Nice, I wonder what benefits you'll end up being able to take from that in time (specifically in the areas of say, long distance tesselation, to get high-detail long-distance terrain in real time at the GPU's expense, or similar -- not just lighting tricks or something :)). If that's too adventurous for your current release schedule plans, I suppose things like that can always be a future possibility.

Been waiting for the next note in ernest too but I'll take these screenies! Cheers :beer:

Edit: Btw, not to mean that what we've seen is lacking, just mostly I see DX11 features touted for tesselation of close-up surfaces, only once did I see/read about a long-distance improvement for the image quality, here incidentally, check out the terrain demonstration: http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-460-review/10

Edited by topdog

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

THanks for info. Wags, Could you tell us more about benefits of porting to dx11?

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

...one question, what's the pod in the central station in the first picture?

Baggage Pod.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

one question, what's the pod in the central station in the first picture?

Thats the ferrying pod, if i'm not mistaken.

Edit: Viper did it first :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

What's that blue, looks like a bomb:

Target Practice Bomb. Its practically an inert heap of metal that has the ballistics of one of the dumb bombs, don't know which. Oh and it has a smoke generator so after tossing it it can be recovered.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

jctrnacty,

apologies since this isn't specific to DCS:A-10C, but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct3D#Direct3D_11

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

...Could you tell us more about benefits of porting to dx11?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=959796&postcount=20

:D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Very impressive! :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

WOW, DX 11!! My hardware is ready. While BS is my aircraft of choice, I will buy A-10 to support ED and to occasionally enjoy the level of fidelity flying A-10.

• Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Nice shots - looking forward to it.

DX11 exclusively? I personally don't mind, as I'm on Windows 7 x64 already plus it would save some coding that you can put to better use (DX9/10/11 is like trying to support IE/FF/C/O if you're a web developer - always nice to be able to drop IE ;)), but just imagine the "XP-till-I-Die!" rage-induced flames otherwise :)

I think you will like it more than you expect :)

WOW, DX 11!! My hardware is ready. While BS is my aircraft of choice, I will buy A-10 to support ED and to occasionally enjoy the level of fidelity flying A-10.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Target Practice Bomb. Its practically an inert heap of metal that has the ballistics of one of the dumb bombs, don't know which. Oh and it has a smoke generator so after tossing it it can be recovered.

They look like BDU-33s to me, which match a slick Mk82. The smoke charge is so you can see where it lands not so you know where to recover it from. You can't reuse them, they deform after most impacts.

Very cool wags, thanks for the update.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Cool to see the different ANG schemes...inculding the 190th from Idaho! BTW....the 190th flies from Gowen Field, just a few miles from where I live, and they are hosting the 2010 A-10 gunnery competition called Hawgsmoke in October....I am trying to get permission to get on base to get some photos....if I am successful I will post them for everyone to see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind