Training Missions

Pizzicato

Hi guys,

I assume it's OK to post on here given that Matt seems to have given up on the "Hardware issues only" rule.

Short version - every time I try to launch the Landing training mission, the game freezes on the menu screen and I get a Lua error:

---------------------------

Error

Error:

[string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_mission.lua"]:4201: can't open "Training/en/Aircraft Operation/4/A-10C-Training-Landing.miz" for 'rb'

Stack traceback:

->stack: [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_mission.lua"] in line 4201 in func: copyMission

->stack: [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_mission.lua"] in line 4237 in func:

->stack: [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_training.lua"] in line 225 in func: func

->stack: [string ".\luagui5\Widget.lua"] in line 266 in func:

->stack: [string ".\MissionEditor\MissionEditor.lua "] in line 802 in func:

OK

Cheers

Pizzi

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still would be nice of you posted your computer specs as required

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Tutorial text/speech problems

It seems that I have trouble syncing myself with the tutorial messages. Sometimes I'm ahead of the game, sometimes way behind...

In the Plane familiarisation one for example I'm way ahead of the speech, complete the task then the sound files are played on top of each other when the next set of text is presented. Would it not be better to have the old sound file stopped when it starts the new one? Given that its normally event triggered before the script continues couldn't this be implemented without too much hassle?

Perhaps the feature already exists, but if not can we have the option to repeat the previous mission text/speech if the event hasn't yet been completed? If it is already possible, how would I do this? Why? Because when confronted with a wall of text I like to ensure I get all the details, right now they disappear whilst I'm still finding the buttons etc.

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

I'm sure the guys will sort that one out.

Just a reminder that this forum is for hardware issues but I did get the same thing, and a couple of button's don't work for me like canopy close/open and EAC and Inverter switching to off after being on standby.

But here is not the place for those.

I'd suggest you slow down and wait for the audio to finish, and take screenshots of the bits you want the text for.

Guided Weapon Tutorial

Hi guys :thumbup:

Thanks for this wonderfull simulator.

Well I was playing the guided weapon tutorial and had to attack the T72 with a GBU 12, the strange thing about was, the GBU was still in the air (ca. 6 secs to impact) when the T72 already exploded :music_whistling:

I checked and I had realeased just one GBU.

I try again and see if I can reapeat the case.

McDan out

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Nav training - I'm told to keep my speed up to 300 knots, which is difficult. The plane usually caps out at around 280, which causes the instructor to complain. Also, voice is not yet done for this mission. (I'm sure you already know this.)

DSMS training - The voice and captions don't match up. They often have different copy and sometimes completely different instructions. I'm sure you already know this too. :)

Landing training - Lua error. Doesn't start. I'll get a stacktrace if you need.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Training Combat Employment bug

The digital Stores Management system. the AI plane is overlapping my aircraft...

ScreenShot_001.jpg.e705a1f3a6dc44ced0faec08f02616b4.jpg

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

In the start-up training mission, there is a truck that starts behind you off to your right (which I think is supposed to move off?) that will sometimes, but not always, get stuck against your right wing and just sit there. I'm not sure if it's actually bugged but it looked that way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats a quick mission edit to remove the static A10s.

True, that's an easy fix, just needed to point it out to make sure it does not get released as such in the final.

Cheers

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Initial Training Takeoff

Tried the training lesson on take off.

It appears that the clouds are very flat, with much less 3d perspective than in Flaming Cliffs 2.

When I landed, I rolled onto the grass. Despite increasing my throttle to the max, the plane would not budge. I am pretty sure that this is not realistic performance for an A-10.

Otherwise, I had good frame rates 30 plus in the entire lesson. Also note that when the instructor is speaking. He is almost drowned out by the sound of the engines...when all sound settings are set to the max.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

The Aircraft Operation Landing training missions causes CTD...

landing.jpg.f187edfc2f5c8c347006aa0e4c4be7cf.jpg

In the start up tutorial, everything runs smooth in terms of being told on what to click (besides canopy which in known and lighting ie. nav lights steady/flash)

But once I'm told to arm the LASTE, the switch is outlined and a clicking sound is made, but the switch dosn't move and the tutorial won't move past this point as the switch remains highlighted.

Is there a way around this?

Gateway FX6801-01

Intel Core i7 950(3.06GHz)

WD VelociRaptor 300GB

9GB DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Driver: 258.96

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2

Logitech Extreme 3D stick

Saitek pedals and throttle

28" Hanns-G single monitor (1900X1200)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Thank you for the feedback. Many of the issues reported have already been fixed, but did not make it into the Open Beta release version.

1) Indeed not all missions yet have a voiceover, including Navigation.

2) If you find instructions stepping over each other, this is most likely because you performed the required step before the instructor was finished speaking, thus triggering the next step before the audio recording for the current one was finished playing, or because you accidentally set something that triggered a message from later in the mission. Try to be careful about only performing the steps asked by the instructor and nothing more.

3) The instructor VO will be difficult to hear over the engine noise, so we would recomment turning the WORLD and IN-COCKPIT sound sliders in the AUDIO options menu to 50% when flying the training missions. A note for this is included in the start-up lesson.

4) In the PGM lesson, the T-72 target designed to be attacked by an LGB is triggered to explode automatically. This was necessary temporarily, because the flight model of LGBs was still being tuned and the bomb failed to hit the target even if the player did everything correctly. To be fixed.

5) When pressing buttons on any of the cockpit controls (such as MFCD, UFC, CDU), you may need to hold the button down for a moment before the trigger system 'catches' the press. In some cases, the typically fast press/release action is too quick for the trigger system to catch. Be careful not to hold buttons down too long, though, as this may perform a different function altogether.

6) We'll provide a modified version of the Start-Up lesson shortly to skip EAC setting and avoid the mission hang-up.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Modified start-up training mission to skip EAC. Tested in Open Beta release version and seems to be okay.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e59pwepzzk17a8c

goes in:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C Beta\Training\en\Aircraft Operation\1 folder ...or wherever it is on your HD

rename to same as the file in there.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Anyone else having trouble starting the engines in the start up mission?

I was working the first time I tried it, but I think when I reconfigured my CH Throttle to control my throttle (JOY_Z), that it broke using the ALT-HOME key shortcut somehow. I double checked my hotkeys and they're still mapped correctly.

...at a loss.

I tried the 1st 3 training missions and got no voice over at all. Every mission Ive tried in fact that had text didnt have any voice over. I figured it just had not been done yet. The first two missions did nothing. No text. Cockpit buttons unclickable. All I could do was look around.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

I tried the 1st 3 training missions and got no voice over at all. Every mission Ive tried in fact that had text didnt have any voice over. I figured it just had not been done yet. The first two missions did nothing. No text. Cockpit buttons unclickable. All I could do was look around.

Perhaps try a re-install?

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

In the start up tutorial, everything runs smooth in terms of being told on what to click (besides canopy which in known and lighting ie. nav lights steady/flash)

But once I'm told to arm the LASTE, the switch is outlined and a clicking sound is made, but the switch dosn't move and the tutorial won't move past this point as the switch remains highlighted.

Is there a way around this?

I just bind the key to "1" for now just to get past it or whatever key you like :)

Oh yea and to add, the poor soldier standing behind the right engine lol. Be neat if he flew back.

Hmm.. nevermind on the key bind.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58400:doh:

Edited by DJ_J3ff