ED's planned price policy

CHSubZero

This is a question to the ED team about their planned price policy for the DCS series:

For DCS Ka-50 I've paid 39$

This sounds for me ok because it was build on an existing engine (FC1)...

For DCS A-10C I've paid 59$

Well I can live with that because of the enhanced engine (DX11, Nevada, 64bit)...

I know there is much effort on creating a new module but 59$ for "just" a new plane is a lot of money. If there are no great changes in the future engine I will not pay 59$ for a new plane. I will buy just those modules I really want...

So .....

What is the planned price policy for the future modules (Apache, Fighting Falcon, Hind, ...)?

Are we have to pay 59$ or 39$ for every next module?

How will you get us buy every module? :smilewink:

Maybe a cheaper price if you already have buyed a module?

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$59 is not much for all the work ! I would pay twice as much, only because I understand how hard it is to make software and the time that is required.

Secondly, these guys need to make money in order to keep our hobby alive.

No Money= No More Sims!

Again as have been stated a few times before, DCS: A-10C is a DX9c game not DX11.

Considering the financial situation worlswide, I'd say $60 per game is fair. it is not something you can run through in two evenings time *Cough* Mafia II *Cough*

one module is not required to play another so the DCS series is more a long the line of interlinked independant games, and that is just if ED makes them all MP compatible.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

This is why I usually buy Russian versions. Their price is good and language is not problem for those who know "know how" convert it.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I'm 100% sure I'm going to spend hundreds, if not thousands of hours in the A-10C, just like the Black Shark.

So, for $60 and so many hours of entertainment, I would say this is probably the BEST bang for your buck. At least in any kind of entertainment.

It's easy to spend $30 on a Blue-ray movie, that gives you two hours of entertainment...so yeah, $60 is worth it.

Edited by Madman777
spelling

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

I feel the prices is reasonable, gamers using the consoles have been paying this amount or close for a quality FPS for years.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Sorry if it comes across as being offensive to some... But some of you mean to tell me that 60 bucks is going to break the bank for a sim? Sorry man but you're in the wrong hobby. Out of all the gamers we have the most expense. HOTAS/Joysticks TIR Rudder Pedels not to mention the fastest CPUs and GPUs we can muster and you have to complain that your buying a 60 dollar game? Get over yourself. You can get a second job for 1 day and pay for your game if you really had too. Hell my bar tab has been more than 60 bucks. Just look at the hours and hours of enjoyment you get out of the purchase. I'm still playing games like IL2 and FreeFalcon5 that are a decade and older.

If you can swing the cash then go play some free casual games online.

Sheesh.

I think this price is simply aligned on the price of any PC video game. Considering the targeted public, mostly designed to hit the hardcore 'purists' (and eventually arcade-but-thousand-miles-away-from-ace-combat-or-hawks-like), this price is very correct considering the time and energy put in the development.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

At a guess you will find each module will come with a significant engine upgrade, which is most likely going to be back-ported to your other DCS modules, for free. If that isn't worth your money I don't know what is. Excellent value in my opinion.

Nate

You don't need to have all the modules to play online do you? I don't think ED are trying/forcing us to buy their product.

The cost of A10C is about three times what i would pay for a "game" but then most games only have a life span of about one month before they're complete or have become totally dull. A10C like FC or IL2 will be on my pc forever, it'll be installed just after the OS and drivers on a clean install and I will play it at least 4-5 times a week until someone else comes up with a better A10 sim.

I never bought Black Shark because the complexity and subject matter didn't appeal to me, after playing A10C for two days I'll be picking up BS as soon as I've learned the Hog. In effect each module is an advertisment for the preceding modules.

Agree with most of you!

The beta is very raw and unfinished but it's a taste of whats to come. Sixty bucks is a steal for this sim. I would pay that for any add aircraft module to follow. That is any that I wanted to fly.

I wrote a commercial Amiga/Pc game in 1990. It retailed for $35 then.

Got 80% review in C&VG

In todays money that same product would cost $100 (20 years with inflation at 5%)

So that makes todays software (including DCS) a real bargain

This is a question to the ED team about their planned price policy for the DCS series:

For DCS Ka-50 I've paid 39$

This sounds for me ok because it was build on an existing engine (FC1)...

For DCS A-10C I've paid 59$

Well I can live with that because of the enhanced engine (DX11, Nevada, 64bit)...

I know there is much effort on creating a new module but 59$ for "just" a new plane is a lot of money. If there are no great changes in the future engine I will not pay 59$ for a new plane. I will buy just those modules I really want...

So .....

What is the planned price policy for the future modules (Apache, Fighting Falcon, Hind, ...)?

Totally disagree. If you are tight budgeted then save. If you can afford it but aren't sure if it's worth $300 or less, think of how many options and choices there are for a high-fid sim out there (other than a10c). None.

Think of the hours of enjoyment the avg simmer will get with this product,...etc.

I thought the price was easily fair but I appreciate your opinion too:).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A10 is worth $100 easily if the beta is any indication.

I can add that among hundreds PC games, DCS: BS and DCS: A10C (prepurchase) are the only games that I bought to trurly support developers for their product, work. On top of that I spent 962 pounds to built job lot consisting TPH2GO, 3x22"LCDs, 22" Touchpanel, TrackIR 5 Pro, X52, Pro Rudders, Quadrant, VAC software as I was under impression for what they did by releasing such immersing simulator and I will go for TM A10 HOTAS as soon as will be avaiable on market...

Hey Guys don't get me wrong...

I love playing FC2, BS (although I cannot fly chopter very good) and A-10C.

I was just wondering, what are EDs plans for future modules.

As long as every DCS module will be online compatible with each other I feel fine.

I will buy the modules/planes I like and play with my friends cool LAN mission.

I see training missions in the future in Nevada map with Ka50 & Su-27 VS Apache & F-16 :pilotfly: :joystick:

For the end of this post I want to make sure, that ED is doing a great job and I'm looking forward to see A-10C and the other modules released.

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly:

Sorry if it comes across as being offensive to some... But some of you mean to tell me that 60 bucks is going to break the bank for a sim? Sorry man but you're in the wrong hobby. Out of all the gamers we have the most expense. HOTAS/Joysticks TIR Rudder Pedels not to mention the fastest CPUs and GPUs we can muster and you have to complain that your buying a 60 dollar game? Get over yourself. You can get a second job for 1 day and pay for your game if you really had too. Hell my bar tab has been more than 60 bucks. Just look at the hours and hours of enjoyment you get out of the purchase. I'm still playing games like IL2 and FreeFalcon5 that are a decade and older.

If you can swing the cash then go play some free casual games online.

Sheesh.

It's a matter of discretionary income. No matter what the perceived value of the game is, there is a limit to how much any given individual can spend on it. Evidently you have more to spend. Congratulations. However, that doesn't make the cost of the game any less for others. If the price point is higher than the average consumer can afford, neither you nor anyone else will have any games from ED to play in the future, because there won't be enough sales volume. $100 x 100 is a helluva lot less than $60 x 10000.

Be careful of turning your nose up at simmers who are on a budget. They subsidize your hobby. Unless you and the 100 other people for whom money is no obstacle plan on paying all of the development, support and distribution costs on your own.

• Like 1
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

ED said future DCS modules where to be offered at a reduced price for owners of at least one DCS module. I guess that is a thing of the past, things have changed a lot in the last two years (well, for all of us XD).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=26101

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Be careful of turning your nose up at simmers who are on a budget.

I find it hard to believe that someone, ANYONE, cannot afford US $60 for a sim that will entertain for hundreds (in my case thousands) of hours.

Sorry, I do not buy that.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I find it hard to believe that someone, ANYONE, cannot afford US $60 for a sim that will entertain for hundreds (in my case thousands) of hours.

Sorry, I do not buy that.

You don't have to.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ