WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results from tonights test:

A-10 communication was fine with KA-50 and A-10s. Oddly enough TS was giving me issue with push to talk, but that's unrelated.

Still can't communicate with SU-25T.

We have some fast movers on our server for those folks who have the fast mover mod. When anyone tries to use one that has tars as soon as they spool up their engines - everyone else gets disconnteced. They all use the default SU-25 cockpit so we though they would be fine just with no communication - but we'll remove them for now.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

FM and AM radios are not really working. We can only communicate over UHF on DCS World A10.

FM and Am radios are shown as 000.000 in teamspeak while UHF shows proper frequencies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

FM and AM radios are not really working. We can only communicate over UHF on DCS World A10.

FM and Am radios are shown as 000.000 in teamspeak while UHF shows proper frequencies.

Can't confirm this, we were flying the last days with the new Beta, and all worked well. Ok the Audio channel selection doesn't run at start but who cares. Headspace surely will fix this :thumbup:

:pilotfly:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Ah!

Now I did some testing and...

In order for the FM and AM radio to work the APU/Engine generator needs to be running. When I tested it I only tested with BATTERY... And with battery only you will be able to use UHF radio only.

Is this how its done in real life as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Ah!

Now I did some testing and...

In order for the FM and AM radio to work the APU/Engine generator needs to be running. When I tested it I only tested with BATTERY... And with battery only you will be able to use UHF radio only.

Is this how its done in real life as well?

Not sure what you were doing but it has always been you need either APU power, external power, or engines power for AM/FM radios to work and yes that is exactly how it works real world.

Thanks!

I didn't know that. :) Yes, when I was testing TARS today all we did was sit on the ramp, turn up the battery and try to talk to eachother, hehe. Should have thought about trying the APU.

Thanks again. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Could not get the Su-25 working either. Su driver listed as "spectator" in TS3 panel.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

having issues assigning ptt after TARS install.

uninstall TARS ptt key assignment works.

re-install TARS, ptt assignment doesnt recognize key presses.

TS3 ver. 3091, TARS ver. 102b2

any kind of log file you would like to see?

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This happened to me also. For me the problem was my old non usb keyboard. It seems that TARS plugin don´t like very much older keyboards.

I had spent a few bucks in a new USB keyboard and all works fine now.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

having issues assigning ptt after TARS install.

uninstall TARS ptt key assignment works.

re-install TARS, ptt assignment doesnt recognize key presses.

TS3 ver. 3091, TARS ver. 102b2

any kind of log file you would like to see?

Same problem here (I have usb keyboard). I couldn't assign any key to ptt so i just left it empty (no key assigned), when I switched to ptt while DCS was active, TARS radio buttons activated transmission- so all worked fine.

Some of my friends were having an issue with trying to assign keys as well.

I need some help with making this work. We installed and activated the plug in through team speak, all switched to the same frequencies but nothing worked.

We used to play with TARS without issues, I really have no clue why this is being a pain this time around.

In the previous versions, we never had to mess with the radio frequencies at the bottom of the control panel (Radio 1 and 2, and then Guard).

Is that necessary now? We are running the latest TARS and the latest TS, all in administrative mode, everything installed in the right directory.

Negative, those radio freqs down the bottom are not functioning at the moment and not required. Did you guys uninstall the old TARS before you reinstalled? Not doing this caused problems for us.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

The spam issue is due to TS's spam protection.

You can alter this in the 'Virtual Server' settings. Bij rightclicking on one of your channels on TS and choose 'Edit Server'.

Increase the ticks needed amount to 15 or so and you should be fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

None of us had it installed previous to this.

Our TS channel is still getting errors trying to run it as well. As in, one of hte members gets perma muted for "Spamming" the channel, weird issues all around.

The spam issue was around well before this version. It requires adjusting the spam settings on the server to get rid of; at this point I am exploring ways to minimize the inter-client traffic, but I suspect this will always be a factor.

As the release announcement says, the radio frequencies in the control panel are an as of yet unactivated feature. Everything on the A-10 is supposed to be working as it did before.

As an aside: Out of everyone who has reported problems with the new release, and despite clear instructions to the contrary, only two people--two, out of everyone--have actually submitted anything resembling a log.