WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, thanks Headspce, will give it a crack tonight.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

What took you so long ? :D

Thanks Headspace! Your work is more appreciated than you can imagine.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Many thanks Headspace ! Awesome work as always

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Thanks Headspace!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Headspace, had a trial tonight between KA50 and A-10C and noticed two things:

-Had no azimuth on the speakers for both KA and A-10, all radios seemed to go through both. Previous TARS version worked fine for me. ARC164 was the only radio not trialled.

-Volumes were not functioning on either ARC 186 for me.

Not sure what type of log would be relevant for this report.

Had TS3 3.0.8.1

Otherwise worked well, thanks again.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Is it possible somehow to have seperate installs for TARS compatible with 1.1.1.1 and TARS compatible with DCSW?

You can install two Teamspeak versions next to eachother, but TARS gives an error when trying to install the newer version.

It tells me already a newer version of TARS is present, ironically enough. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I had a trial as well tonight.

No directional control working for all three radios in A-10 for us as well. All radios worked very well and frequency changes worked as expected. Had no crashes or anything, but only tested for about 20 minutes.

Radio 1 = UHF

Radio 2 = VHF AM

Radio 3 = VHF FM

Had a bit of confusion at first by wrongly assuming the radios would be numbered sequentially starting from the rear most radio going forward. :)

Glad to have TARS back. Cheers.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Hi HS. I get an install fail with a dialog that says a newer version of this program is already installed. Submitted a bug report but may be my problem.

TS is 3.0.8.1 and TARS is the new 1.0.2b1. DCS World and modules (A10C, CA) up to date with latest change today.

Noticed the install dialog box still had the TARS 1.0.1 logo on it. Maybe I should remove my old TARS install before installing the new one?

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Bug in the UHF/GRD:

When the UHF radio is set to "Both", you don't hear somebody broadcasting on Guard (all had 243.0 set). You really have to switch to "GRD" to hear them.

Also, an ecjected pilot will remain on on his last frequency on UHF and VHF AM.

Not sure what logs you want here.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

is it correct, the A-10C and/or Ka-50 need to change the frequency to 215.00 or 119.70 to talk with the Su-25T?!?

For now until the control panel based radio settings are activated.

Hi HS. I get an install fail with a dialog that says a newer version of this program is already installed. Submitted a bug report but may be my problem.

This is an msi thing, just go ahead and uninstall the old TARS before you install the new one to get around it. The wording in the dialog is misleading; evidently we left the flag on to stop if it finds an existing version on this particular installer build.

Noticed the install dialog box still had the TARS 1.0.1 logo on it. Maybe I should remove my old TARS install before installing the new one? 10-09-2012 03:07 PM

I didn't update any art assets with the dialog; the 1.0.2 Beta 1 you see in the Control Panel text is correct. Ignore what the logo says for now.

Not sure what logs you want here.

When in doubt: All logs. But in this particular case, the most relevant logs would be the ones created by the Teamspeak 3 plugin that are stored in \Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\TARS.

Keep reports coming.

When the UHF radio is set to "Both", you don't hear somebody broadcasting on Guard (all had 243.0 set). You really have to switch to "GRD" to hear them.

This is a good example of where the log would be helpful. If I had the log for something like this, it would provide the smoking gun required to duplicate the issue in the "lab." The plugin log shows who is talking and when, and on what frequency. Many times people have reported similar "bugs" only to reveal, in the log, that the person speaking on guard was actually on a different frequency and didn't know it, or some other configuration-related issue. These things can be very time-consuming to duplicate without logs.

Edited by Headspace

What I found out, was, that I had to delete all "old" folders to get TARS to work properly.

But perhaps just because I kept the old folders within the DCS Main Folder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it got tits or wings, it makes you trouble!!

Headspace,

Doing testing in our wing we've discovered some things:

1) Some of our pilots are not able to configure the different radios to different speakers (left or right). It seems like unchecking the left and right and redoing the settings sometimes fixes it.

2) Were not able to establish comms with the SU-25's. We made sure the A-10C's UHF radio was set to 251.0 and tried communicating - nothing. We also tried 119.7 on AM - nothing. Is there a special way to get it to work? We'd eventually like to commuincate with ground units of Combined Arms.

As anyone been able to communicate with Su-25 units?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Headspace,

Doing testing in our wing we've discovered some things:

1) Some of our pilots are not able to configure the different radios to different speakers (left or right). It seems like unchecking the left and right and redoing the settings sometimes fixes it.

2) Were not able to establish comms with the SU-25's. We made sure the A-10C's UHF radio was set to 251.0 and tried communicating - nothing. We also tried 119.7 on AM - nothing. Is there a special way to get it to work? We'd eventually like to commuincate with ground units of Combined Arms.

As anyone been able to communicate with Su-25 units?

I also couldn't communicate with Su-25. In TS TARS showed that Su-25 pilot had both radios on 00 MHz (VHF1 00Mhz VHF2 00MHz).

Erm... so... how do I install it? I've told it where my teamspeak path is, so that's running, but I can't get it to recognise my game folder. I've tried point the DCS A10C game to DCS world but it fails to recognise it. I'm... not quite sure what I'm doing here.

EDIT:

Ok, the issue was that I had a prior installation of TARS, and as such was not getting the DCS World game option in the TARS control panel. However, now when I am in game and flying TARS still reports "TARS not running".

Edited by sam777777

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

Thank you, do you remember who was transmitting that you couldn't hear on guard?

Everybody has been transmitting on Guard at a given moment. Not all on the same time though, since we wanted to check the "Both" setting of the UHF.

Everybody double checked his guard setting in the Tars CP, all where set to 243.0.

If you need more logs, let me know.

dUJOta.jpg