Su-33

combatace

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice model! Although I did notice a few glitches during a squad flight.

If someone in the game folds his wings the weapons don't go up. They stay in mid air. Look at the screenshot below. Your own weapons do go up, but they don't rotate, they stay level.

I also noticed the the right hand ECM pod seems to be rotated 180 degrees the wrong way (along it's long axis).

ScreenShot_028-1.jpg

You'll find that even the stock model of the Su-33 has that issue with seeing other peoples weapons floating in mid-air, that unavoidable :(

Same issue with the weapons on your own Su-33: as they follow the pylons as the wings fold, they're scripted to the stock Su-33 model only and consequently they glitch, again it's unavoidable.

Both of these issues were heavily tested during the creation of this model, it's just something we've had to accept.

Edited by Mustang

You'll find that even the stock model of the Su-33 has that issue with seeing other peoples weapons floating in mid-air, that unavoidable :(

I've never seen issues like this before!

Here are some screen shots during online play that shows it works fine with the stock model

ScreenShot_022-1.jpg

ScreenShot_026-1.jpg

Edited by 159th_Royalman

Interesting, myself and others could of sworn that in FC2.0 this bug was a problem with the stock Su-33 in MP, not only this model but also the F/A-18C :huh:

How long ago did you take those screenshots? Were you the server host?

edit: similar issue still occurs with DCS A-10C with the 18 http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1220774&postcount=9

Edited by Mustang

Interesting, myself and others could of sworn that in FC2.0 this bug was a problem with the stock Su-33 in MP, not only this model but also the F/A-18C :huh:

How long ago did you take those screenshots? Were you the server host?

edit: similar issue still occurs with DCS A-10C with the 18 http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1220774&postcount=9

Hmmm... Very strange. I'm sure I've never seen this bug before with the regular Su33 model.

The screens where taken about 6 months ago. And the game was hosted by our dedi server, so not by myself.

I got this mod yesterday and now the plane is invisible. I will now go check settings but if there are any other suggestions I wold be pleased to hear them

:)

Try this, add the cdds information in graphics.cfg file.

Add these lines there with notepad++

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\KillermachineSu-33_TGA.cdds";

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\KillermachineSu-33_canopy.cdds";

common = ".\\Bazar\\World\\KillermachineSu-33_BMP.cdds";

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1211537&postcount=513

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

One of the many bugs that only appear in MP I'm afraid.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Michelange made me dig for TOMCATZ reply in a thread about folding wings :)

There was no mention of multiplayer and it talks about weapons following the pylons when the wings are folded to which the current model is already doing but might need tweaking since the appear only to go vertical and not rotating to the angle of the folded pylon. I don't know if there was a breakthrough by TOMCATZ.

Original thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=63302&highlight=su-33

Quote:

Hi,

yes- the missiles at the wing tip pylons will not follow if the wings folding up and down. I think that these issues are still the maintain problem why nobody starts to rebuild the Su-33.

I`m not pretty sure but it could be possible that I pointed it out how it works:

I used an F-18 model to replace the su-33. But you can do it with every model wich having folding wings.

After some approaches I had the idea to set "points" near at the missile rails and named them "pylon1", "pylon2" and so on.

After that I linked these points with the misiles rails wich was still linked with the wings. However: I used the argument "8" to animate the folding wing sequency and imported it into FC2. And it works!

So if I can do it with an F-18 model, every can do it with a Su-33 model so the way is free to build it correctly

Hope, it helps anybody ...

My very best wishes,

TOM

djkhsdhsdiasd.jpg

Speed is life !!!

Has anyone tried after installing the mod on server?

Good question! Will have to experiment, cheers ace!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

• 6 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread, no posts for a long time so here goes a bug I just ran into report:

I reinstalled FC2 few days ago and of course installed both Su-27 by 3GO and Su-33 by combatace. I used this link to DL Su-33!

Now, upon each mission start with Su-33 located in the map engine textures of this model do not load. By engine textures I refer to fan, low pressure turbine and exhaust textures (both inner and outer). However when Su-33 turns on afterburners these textures appear and remain.

Any known reasons for this?

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, I already suggested Su-33 and Su-30 implementation with next mod.

Great! :D I have combataces Su-33 mod installed alongside the Viper JointPack. Works so well I'm scared of adding more mods and are backing up and creating restorepoints for every little thing I change now :D

(HJ)