First impressions of the Release Version

apoll

The thing that got removed was a battle commander mode that was originally developed for military clients in training.

Which is such a shame because that was a lot of fun for multiplayer, when someone didn't feel like flying, but wanted to be in on the fun! Still, no complaints, this sim is out of this world. :joystick:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks better and certainly feels smoother, although I can't quite put my finger on how and why.

It seems they upped the damage modelling, or I was just lucky... or unlucky, depending on perspective. Got my #1 shot up (along with a lot of avionics) and nursed the bird home to Batumi with staggered throttles to keep the L/H engine temp down and slightly fluctuating oil pressure. Never saw the engine get hot before, without it catching on fire entirely - in DCS or any other sim. Stands to good reason though, with a bunch of holes through the casing. Should be accompanied by a fire warning as well, most likely, but hey - can't get it all.

Not until next week, that is. ;)

Now to figure out where I screwed up my control configuration, as I couldn't get my ordnance off the rails.

No tracers in the real A-10C either. HDR has been "Improved" See here for the original HDR effects --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1114012&postcount=4

Nate

Yes the HDR effects are better now for sure but still doesn't work with ATI Cards in Eyefinity 6000x1200. (1-3 FPS)

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

I haven't had as much time to fly as I would like to yet (work), but first impression has my cheeks sore from too much smiling :)

Fricken awesome! Only one CTD in a MP session so far, but i'm sure that will be fixed if it's not related to my setup. Well done, and thanks for your hard work!

This is what I wrote on my facebook wall under GA Project10 movie;

Official final release was yesterday. So far, one wicked, intimidating game. Extreme learning curve for simulator fans enthusiasm. However there is an arcade mode for the "getgo" guys.

Anyhow I highly recommend it. Now back to flying. Oups where is my dawm 900 pages manual? LoL.

Also fully support TrackIr from http://www.naturalpoint.com. Beware this isn’t a kids game, might be rated teen, but only if the teen is willing to learn the real stuff, the "right stuff" as a full blown simulator. That’s the only way to fly IMO without having the real thing…

Graphics are amazing, the sounds extreme. Multiplayer capability, Mission editor + much more. It has a 64bit exec for those that wishes to utilize this sim to its max memory potential.

On a positive note. The tutorials are really well made, not only walking you through all the procedures, but it’s an interactive tutorial, so you basically have to click the switches and knobs when it says to do so. That interaction improves greatly the learning curve, compared to previous versions when you were only able to view a video on what to do, scrambling to writes notes and pausing the video as it goes along. NO MORE lol

Anyhow that's my short review...

If you want to see more, visit the official site http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Hopefully it will lure some willing users to try this wicked endeavor.

Cheers :D

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I have only had time to experience one quick flight, but I gotta say this is a marked improvement on Beta 4.

Sure, I scoffed at the fan-folks, giving them short shrift.

`Til I flew it.

I am in awe of the strides they made in the relatively short time. There are more talented folks there now, compared to LOMAC when I was on that beta

test team.

Very well done.

I am just glad the FTP from Germany was NOT the beta, as I did not want to download again.

Can't wait `til I get off work, so I can get another flight in...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

Yes the HDR effects are better now for sure but still doesn't work with ATI Cards in Eyefinity 6000x1200. (1-3 FPS)

i concur, i'm running 3840x1024 Eyefinity with crossfire using 2 x 6950's and catalyst 11.2 drivers. with HDR enabled i get sub 5 FPS, appears worse than beta4.

without HDR, it definately runs a lot smoother than beta4. the gun-FPS bug is fixed and low alt flying is now so much more fun :)

Always outnumbered, Never outgunned

It is tempting to enter "AfterBurner is missing" as a bug report, but... well... I'm not sure the joke would be appreciated. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The moment I saw my first CBU-105 impact on a target I had a massive grin of surprise at its destructive power.

And the new sound FX when your aircraft gets hit by bullets is downright satisfying. Granted its a horrible thing to get shot up, but at least it sounds cool now. :D

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Just finished my 12-hour torrent download (COX DSL), and installed it. Insane. Epic frame rates with impecable graphics. I'm calling in sick tomorrow.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

ive told everyone I know about this sim hehe. Well everyone but my mum cause shes 71 and has no intrest in sims hehe. :pilotfly:

Younster...I am 77 and was a flight simulator engineer in the aerospace industry for many years also have worked on the Nellis EW range and I posses avalid FAA pilots license with over 600 hrs of real time.

I love this simullator and as a "pro" think it is an outstanding accomplishment of the programmers and desighners......we may be old but definately not "out of it"

Best wishes for happy flying.......Rogueone

• Like 7

CPU AMD FX 8350 * core @ 4.3 GHZ/Font

MOBO ASUSSabertooth 990FX R2.0/Font

RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengence 1600/Font

Graphics 6970 & 6950 xfire

HD 750GB @ 7200 RPM

SSD HD Intel x-25 160GB

SSD HD 2 240 GB

Win 7 Pro

Controllers Warthog & Saitec Rudder

Track IR5 3 monitors 27" LCD and 2 10" VGA

The moment I saw my first CBU-105 impact on a target I had a massive grin of surprise at its destructive power.

And the new sound FX when your aircraft gets hit by bullets is downright satisfying. Granted its a horrible thing to get shot up, but at least it sounds cool now. :D

The first time I heard it I immediately put myself in a shallow bank and throttled down just to soak up some extra bullets. :thumbup:

Younster...I am 77 and was a flight simulator engineer in the aerospace industry for many years also have worked on the Nellis EW range and I posses avalid FAA pilots license with over 600 hrs of real time.

I love this simullator and as a "pro" think it is an outstanding accomplishment of the programmers and desighners......we may be old but definately not "out of it"

Best wishes for happy flying.......Rogueone

Awesome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]