Any news on producing 1.2?

yes I hope so. can't say for sure until beta-testing is started.

nope, only new planes will get AFM.

AFM is not just a checkmark near plane name. ED can not develop one AFM for all planes and make it differ by table numbers - this would be wrong way. IL-2 went this way and we all see what's they got.

ED have to spend much time on every single plane individually. And they can not release an add-on with F-15 AFM only, because of commercial reasons - most customers will never buy it, they'll say "no new planes here - it's a patch not add-on". we all saw this before.

But ED is going to make every new plane with AFM standards, simply because developing of new plane with CFM (common FM) is a stepback for ED.

May be later, in next projects ED will re-release old planes with new FM, I very hope so...

btw: GG, you read betas forum; AFAIK that question was explained before.

aw.. i would love AFM for the flankers.. but 1.2 sounds sweet :D

What new planes are we to expect?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ka-50, in 1.2 ;)

Dmut: Yes, I know, that was the point of my question. Just because one aircraft's getting something, doesn't mean the rest will.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Dammit...

ED pres said a while ago that all aircraft will have AFM.. (I don't remember the site) - found it (http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ru_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ogl.ru%2fpc%2f7779%2fmain%2f#lib) but it doesn't work anymore.

now it appears ED changed their mind.

ED....I bought flaming cliffs and never thought it was a patch and was half-expecting

the AFM for the other aircraft in the future...

now it's not going to happen....

very sad news for us Eagle fans...

Thanks,

Brett

• ED Team
Dammit...

ED pres said a while ago that all aircraft will have AFM.. (I don't remember the site) - found it (http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ru_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ogl.ru%2fpc%2f7779%2fmain%2f#lib) but it doesn't work anymore.

now it appears ED changed their mind.

ED....I bought flaming cliffs and never thought it was a patch and was half-expecting

the AFM for the other aircraft in the future...

now it's not going to happen....

very sad news for us Eagle fans...

Shhhh... Calm down please. Just calm down. :D

Anybody promised this "right now just on demand". Yes we had such plans and still have it. But it is long issue.

Really long.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

No its good news actually since after 1.2 the lockon series ends and the next generation flight sim goes into development. So all those flyables might eventually get AFM as well as clickable pit and F4 level avionics.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
No its good news actually since after 1.2 the lockon series ends and the next generation flight sim goes into development. So all those flyables might eventually get AFM as well as clickable pit and F4 level avionics.

Yep. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Way I see it LO-MAC is just one step in a long long staircase that started with flanker 1.0. Flaming Cliffs is the next and so-on.

My message here to everyone is if we support Eagle Dynamics. Sooner or later all of our wishes will come true. That means AFM's for all aircraft. In the end ED will have a repertoire of aircraft not unlike IL2 does today. Obviously each aircraft in a modern day jet sim is much more complicated and the community is alot smaller. But it is obvious to me that this is the ultimate goal. So cheer up I know that one day my squadron will get our carrier based F18. Ground Pounders will get there beloved F15E. The Euros will get their mirages. So on and So on. Until then. Apreciate what you have. There is no time like the present.

Clickable cockpits are overrated, I'd rather see time spent on making a dynamic campaign. I use a full HOTAS and nothing ruins the immersion more than leaning forward to grab the mouse and click on a graphical representation of a cockpit button.

Hello,

AFM require a lot of informations on a lot of system in the plane.

The more complex the plane, the longer and the harder the AFM to make.

So SU-27, F-15 and mig-29 AFM would require 1 year each to be completed.

Thus, you see that making it for ALL planes would be an impossible work for a one shot release.

While i'll deeply love SU-27 (SU-27P rocks) AFM, i have to admit that i prefer to see ED doing new planes, this is maybe more interesting.

As talking about future implements, the new ED team is full of great people!

Avionics are going to be better and better now thanks to new avionics programmers (one has a name that starts with Olg..)

See you

Core I7 4770K-16Gb DDR3 1800- SLI MSI GTX 770 Lightning 2Gb-Win 7 64 bit - TM Cougar

Clickable cockpits are overrated, I'd rather see time spent on making a dynamic campaign. I use a full HOTAS and nothing ruins the immersion more than leaning forward to grab the mouse and click on a graphical representation of a cockpit button.

thaaaaank you!! :icon_roll I totally agree !

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Will all the current flyables be carried over to the ''next project''? Or will one or two of the unpopular fighters be dropped in favour of more advanced variants of the type.

The reason I ask is that in the recent poll held here, the Mig-29A did not do so well. compared to the MiG-29S which was one of the most popular for obvious reasons.

My message here to everyone is if we support Eagle Dynamics. Sooner or later all of our wishes will come true.

Ok so since you mentioned it, and since Olgred seems to be here I have a question......

And yes I know that lose lips sink ships but my question is this (and I'm quite sure that a lot of the fanbois have this question as well ) just how is the support for this addon going????

I'm not asking for any figures or anything but is it positive or negative ?????

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I think it's positive in Russia at least. I think it was Olgred who said that the Ka-50 was famous in Russia as it is featured in a popular TV show there. So ED are looking after their home market and cashing in at the same time.

Nothing wrong in that? I say give ED all the money they want and we'll get what we want. Everybody wins.

• ED Team
Ok so since you mentioned it, and since Olgred seems to be here I have a question......

And yes I know that lose lips sink ships but my question is this (and I'm quite sure that a lot of the fanbois have this question as well ) just how is the support for this addon going????

I'm not asking for any figures or anything but is it positive or negative ?????

~S~

Blaze

If you mean information support, I will say yes. We have very strong support regarding to Ka-50. ;)

I am sorry guys. I am not autorized to say anything about our profits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hands and feet.

I agree with that. But I've often wounder why they don't finish the cockpits with arms that move with the stick and throttel or push buttons, flip switches and so on. Feet that move with the rudders. This may put a new twist on a clickable cockpit or when you hit a key comand.

Oh ya and don't forget making those hand jesters like flying the bird. Just kidding!

Totally 100% agree!

I'd take, having to hit a key on the keyboard over the mouse any day. Its a waste of developers time IMO

I agree with that. But I've often wounder why they don't finish the cockpits with arms that move with the stick and throttel or push buttons, flip switches and so on. Feet that move with the rudders. This may put a new twist on a clickable cockpit or when you hit a key comand.

Brother Hogarth,

I have been asking for moving arms around cockpit since they're still working on LOMAC! It would be the coolest thing, at least for us :D, to push a button on the keyboard and a virtual hand moves to perform proper task in the time it'd take a pilot to do so in real pit. You won't need clickable pit; just push a button and the hand(s) do the rest. Clickable pit is annoying as hell as pushing tiny pixels with a mouse ain't my idea of fun; especially in battle.

But I was told it would be a resource hog so, I guess we're getting clicking pit. Which imo, isn't bad considering it would bullter proof ED's sim from all those elitist . :D lol

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

You don't 'push little pixels' in battle, and you don't have enough buttons to push all you need via keyboard in a high fidelity simulated cockpit.

If you're pushing buttons on screen during combat, you did something wrong, liek not setting up your HOTAS or failing to program your release modes for AG weapons and so on and so on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
Brother Hogarth,

I have been asking for moving arms around cockpit since they're still working on LOMAC! It would be the coolest thing, at least for us :D, to push a button on the keyboard and a virtual hand moves to perform proper task in the time it'd take a pilot to do so in real pit. You won't need clickable pit; just push a button and the hand(s) do the rest. Clickable pit is annoying as hell as pushing tiny pixels with a mouse ain't my idea of fun; especially in battle.

But I was told it would be a resource hog so, I guess we're getting clicking pit. Which imo, isn't bad considering it would bullter proof ED's sim from all those elitist . :D lol

Ok. How many key sequences you are ready to keep in your memory for succefull employment of a plane? 20? 30? 40?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we, keyboarders, always have keymap card between keyboard and monitor :D

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

I would really like clickable cockpit and go through all the startup procedures with a Checklist, as long as there is the Option to turn it off for quick online flying. In adition, i would like to further be able to use all the possibilities of my HOTAS in Flight. It would really be bad to loose this capability. I could then turn back to my old MS Sidewinder Precision pro.

Greetings

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

Like Falocn 4 then. You can choose the cold start or not that takes between 5 and 8 minutes. The reason it takes so long is that you have to wait for the INS to allign itself. I love that part. And you can still use all your keyboard commands and HOTAS controls.

Every button around the MFDs in Falcon all have their own keyboard shortcut aswell. Each of the two MFDs has 20 buttons each. It's maddness but I love it. Can't wait for the day ED introduce this in future products.