Caspet

Printed manual progress  

500 members have voted

1. 1. Printed manual progress

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is absolutly perfect, copying the Falcon Manual Design is the way to go. Like all have said it was/is the Quintesintial of them all. That Manual still sells on eBay I saw one go for like $75 a few months ago.

+1 Just for the idea alone. And yes I will buy one.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

New manuals - A5, B&W, me happy

Just got these in - just to share my :):):) and any tips if you plan on doing this yourself.

I split them up in 3 parts, as you can see.

Reasoning: I skipped certain chapters from the 'main' Flight Manual, like history, general design, etc. This to save costs and not having a huge fat manual. The max number of pages allowed for print was 600. The Flight Manual is +- 480, CE is 210 (I added into that also the Quickstart Guide), the Checklists are +- 30 pages.

I wanted to have quick access to the operational side of things, hence the Combat Emplyment and Checklists.

Size A5, covers are +- 200 gr. colour, really nice and thick, rest in B&W. I was worried about the B&W, but it's no factor. 2 minutes into a document and you forget all about it. Only downside I noticed is that some arrows, pointing to stuff in pictures, disappear as they are the exact same grey shade as the background. This happens mainly in pics of the HUD, really not bothersome.

Furthermore, as you know the manual is prepared for printing already in that the left and right margins allow for the binder. If you skip pages, like I did, sometimes the margin order reverses. VAGUE VAGUE This means that here and there you have a page with a wider margin on the left (allowing for the binding) but the actual binding is on the right, and vice versa. This I knew beforehand, but you then have to add some sort of 'intentionally left blank' page, and really go through it. I did not bother, the binding / holes never penetrate the text.

Costs: FM 28,-, CE 10,- and checklists 7,-, plus P&P 8.-.(to The Netherlands, printed in Germany I think) Got them from EZbook.nl. Just checked, no English unfortunately. Cheers, happy landings. Beech.

20120525_095218.thumb.jpg.064fb9a60b1adc0147cfac6ca2677807.jpg

20120525_095231.thumb.jpg.2345a816bea0f1b6ca74c0316042395b.jpg

Edited by Beech

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK-now that the new version is out, please tell us you'll be staying up 24/7 to get the printed manuals out :>

Seriously-I figured you might be waiting on the new version-any idea when you'll start producing the manuals?

Lone Wolf

OK-now that the new version is out, please tell us you'll be staying up 24/7 to get the printed manuals out :>

Seriously-I figured you might be waiting on the new version-any idea when you'll start producing the manuals?

Lone Wolf

what's the price and how do I order ?

Cheers

Ian

Should just be enough, D-Rings can accommodate 40mm paper thickness.

The Manual I printed comes in about 37mm, so with dividers it will be close to 40mm be ok.

Any updates??

Im about to have it printed elsewhere but would rather support/buy from you if its anytime soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• 2 weeks later...
.....very disapointed with Ed on this.

Knowing that the cost effectively precludes the availability of a printed manual, how on earth can you be disappointed in a Company not wishing to suffer a certain financial loss?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Knowing that the cost effectively precludes the availability of a printed manual, how on earth can you be disappointed in a Company not wishing to suffer a certain financial loss?

ok ok, i wasnt aware there would be financial loss. if breaking even i would argue. and i`d pay for Ed to break even +5 quid. its just such a nice addition to the sim itself.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will probably have my own printed, just waiting for ED to release the final PDF version, with all the corrections.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Those in the U.S. might check out this company "Best Value Copy"; so far they've been the least expensive that I've found and there is no minimum charge for small orders- however, the shipping is around $11 even on a small order. There is also a charge for more than one pdf file- $3 per each additional file- so it is best to combine everything into one file if you can. They also offering finishing services fairly inexpensively. I am not sure how their service actually is, but when I get ready to print the manual and other misc documents, I plan to use them. Color printing for about .10 a copy... not bad at all.

https://www.bestvaluecopy.com/

UPDATE:

I have to retract my support for this company based upon my recent experience. I created an account and uploaded a file to print, had everything set but didn't have my CC with me to place the order. I came back later and tried to access my account, but it told me the password was invalid. I clicked the link to request the password be sent, and I received an e-mail and it said, "Your password is..." but the space was completely blank! I contacted their customer support for a resolution, and their response was, "Please use a different e-mail address to create a new account." WTH?? I wrote back and told them that was an unacceptable response, after all, are customers supposed to use a new e-mail address every time they place an order?? Perhaps their IT department should be involved in this.

Overall, the fact that they came back with such a lame response demonstrates to me that this is NOT a professional organization; instead of addressing the apparent problem, they would rather inconvenience their customers. NOT GOOD!

Edited by Midwestboi
Posted experience with suggested company

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-V // Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz o.c. 4.4Ghz // 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 PC2133 9-11-10-28 // MSI 570GTX Twin Frozr 1.25GB PCI-E 2.0 x16 // Win7 64-bit Home Premium ~~ DISPLAY: Sanyo 42" HDTV@1900x1080 ~~ DRIVES: Intel 330 series 60G Maple Crest SSD SATA III // WD 4000AAKS 400GB SATA II // WD Scorpio (laptop drive) 320GB SATA II ~~ CASE: AZZA Hurrican 2000 Full Tower // Cooler Master 750W P.S.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Guys for lack of updates, Just received the Binders today after a nightmare of customs and Port handling issues (So many hidden costs to freight :mad:).

Anyway there here and looking great.

Front-Cover2.jpg

Front-Cover.jpg

Back-Cover.jpg

Inside-Binder.jpg

Binder-Full.jpg

Again these are in A5 Size so it fits nicely on the desk without taking it over. :thumbup:

Also I've been bust re-editing the Manual as kindly obtained from ED and have been converting it to A5 size from its original format.

Here is an example. (If just re-scaled to A5 size the text and images were to small)

Manual-A5.jpg

So once I have the Manual Finished I shall start to print these up and be ready to offer them for sale. :thumbup:

Looks very nice, you can count me in!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Also I've been bust re-editing the Manual as kindly obtained from ED and have been converting it to A5 size from its original format.

Which version of the manual are you working with. The one that shipped with 1.2.0 or the one that was supposed to?

List updated (pages 600 - 671).

Unfortunately my recent fixes to the Flight Manual were not included in A-10C v1.2.0 - it still contains an old version from 13.03.2012.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: