DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

EtherealN- Shouldn't this be in the "Chit Chat" Section? I was looking for "Navada" info.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS Lawn Mower, Coming soon to an Edge Terrain Near You!... haha...

though, DCS ATC would be kinda fun.

"Inbound, Request permission to land"

"Naw M*(&^(&*^, Go around, Im in the middle of my Big Mac."

EtherealN- Shouldn't this be in the "Chit Chat" Section? I was looking for "Navada" info.

Go back a few pages (like 8 or so),

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

though, DCS ATC would be kinda fun.

totally! we need more air traffic control! Its anarchy ATM

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

i think actually Appalachian Trail Conservancy are DCS sponsors so most probably i think it will be soon implemented in the WORLD. Maybe after Nevada. Huey is being made mostly with that in mind. And Alongside P-51 will be next also Bearcat and i hear that ED are in contact with RedBull too

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

I think this thread had a reason to stay in DCS World, not now in chit chat because some users go off topic. :)

Then move it where you prefer...

System: i5 10600k @4.80Ghz - MSI Z490 Tomahawk- MSI GTX 1080ti 11Gb, 32 Gb Ram Corsair Vengaence PC-ddr4 3200 MHz - LG 32” 1440p - Saitek X52 + CH Pro Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Win10 Pro-64bit :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, to see the thread moderated and actually remain some where useful would have inspired much more confidence in the development of this new terrain..

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Yeah, to see the thread moderated and actually remain some where useful would have inspired much more confidence in the development of this new terrain..

It will still happen. When is anyone's guess. But I don't think it will be completely scrapped. So, don't worry about that, at least. :thumbup:

Edit: My reason for believing this is that it has been mentioned that the map itself is nearly done (evidence a few pages back, said by Wags). The issue is in perfecting their new engine and they know that they need a new one. It is probably one of their main concerns and it would be a major problem and move for them to scrap their efforts thus far. Not saying that to do so would be impossible, but HIGHLY unlikely.

Edited by Newt

Live every week like it's Shark Week. :D

Is there more info about the size of a region the Nevada map will cover. What will be the size of the Nevada map? Does the Nevada map cover larger region than the Georgia map? Thanks.

Not at this point, sorry.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

What the! The 'Nevada Map/EDGE' thread buried in the 'Chit-Chat' sub-forum!!!! :cry:

OK, it always ran more funny than informative but Hell! But, IT'S THE EDGE Thread! C'Mon! (Not the guitarist):helpsmilie:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

One thing does seem apparent. Since moving this thread the number of people posting on it has seemingly dropped tremendously. Not that there was a lot of legitimate news most of the time, anyway. But still, this thread is where I learned several new updates that weren't shared in official updates either right away or at all.

Not at this point, sorry.

Thanks for replay sobek. As some guys stated here I hope the movement of this thread does not mean any change in releasing the Nevada map. To me the DCS is the far best simulation on the market. Thanks for your great work ED! I actualy rarerly fight in the simulation. Mostly I just fly. May sound strange :), but I realy do enjoy flying DCS due to its fidelity and realism. Again thanks ED and looking forward to any new modul and maps.

Everyone is very excited about the release of the Nevada map and it has been so long in coming. I am struggling to share that excitement because as far as I can imagine, there are only two types of remotely realistic war or battle scenarios that can be designed into missions:

1 - Insurgents with basic equipment

2 - Training

Surely there are tens of other areas around the world that would be far more exciting and topical (many in the Middle East)?

Is the point of the Nevada map simply to excite the American customer base by giving them the thrill of flying through their homeland?

2 - Training

That is/was the intent behind the Nevada map.

I agree with you. Short of bombing the daylights outta downtown Nevada in my Toad, not very excited. I am however very excited about EDGE..........Imagine the possibilities :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That is/was the intent behind the Nevada map.

I agree with you. Short of bombing the daylights outta downtown Nevada in my Toad, not very excited. I am however very excited about EDGE..........Imagine the possibilities :thumbup:

Ah I see. I guess the long wait had me thinking it was more than that. I agree that EDGE will be cool :-)

Waiting :)

Anytime now... would really like a new terrain to fly over.... like I was promised when BUYING and supporting the BETA version of A-10C... NELLIS!!!!!:music_whistling::pilotfly: again thank you for developing an awesome sim :thumbup: but please give me what I paid for... fir:smartass: in no way is this an attack but a comment on how I was told by the Dev and staff of DCS that if I bought thier product I would recieve Nellis... :) legaly I guess you gave it to me but then procceded to take it away:cry: soooo again... I want to say... ummm give me what you had told me I was buying... If I could physically take this product back I would... oh hey! lets do that since I have not played this game (sim) since you took Nellis away I would legaly like to return this sim but I guess i would have to buy a ticket and fly over Russia... uhhggg could you just meet me in Georgia please.... :):):pilotfly:

Anytime now... would really like a new terrain to fly over.... like I was promised when BUYING and supporting the BETA version of A-10C... NELLIS!!!!! again thank you for developing an awesome sim but please give me what I paid for... fir in no way is this an attack but a comment on how I was told by the Dev and staff of DCS that if I bought thier product I would recieve Nellis... legaly I guess you gave it to me but then procceded to take it away soooo again... I want to say... ummm give me what you had told me I was buying... If I could physically take this product back I would... oh hey! lets do that since I have not played this game (sim) since you took Nellis away I would legaly like to return this sim but I guess i would have to buy a ticket and fly over Russia... uhhggg could you just meet me in Georgia please....

It's coming when it's done.

This thread is no longer a sticky, either. Is the hope that it will be buried?

I understand it being very old for people to have to answer the same questions over and over, but this really is the thread that I found most of my updates and information on Nevada and the EDGE system. Furthermore, if this thread is buried, someone else will just make another thread to replace this one, which has a lot of information in it; even if those bits of info are buried amongst hundreds of posts.

I'm just curious as to what the intent of moving the thread to the section dedicated to "what relates but doesn't fit in" and unsticking it really was. :/

Unless they are moving all threads like this, asking for information and speculating on new and upcoming content, to the chit-chat section. But even if that is the plan, why unsticky the main big topics?

But I don't really feel like threads about upcoming content really belongs mixed in with the music, documentary, happy holiday wishes, etc posts. THOSE seem like chit-chat :)

Perhaps a new section is needed for threads such as these, because discussing upcoming content definitely "fits in" and is an important part of "gaming" communities. At least, that is my opinion.

Edited by Newt

• ED Team
This thread is no longer a sticky, either. Is the hope that it will be buried?

I understand it being very old for people to have to answer the same questions over and over, but this really is the thread that I found most of my updates and information on Nevada and the EDGE system. Furthermore, if this thread is buried, someone else will just make another thread to replace this one, which has a lot of information in it; even if those bits of info are buried amongst hundreds of posts.

I'm just curious as to what the intent of moving the thread to the section dedicated to "what relates but doesn't fit in" and unsticking it really was. :/

The thread is pretty bloated with crud, I am sure that is the reason behind it, they have an official announcement thread, I am sure if they have something new they will tell us there...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

perhaps i missed things, and without meaning to rush things, what's the latest on the Nevada map?

Sorry, didn't knew there was this thread, disregard my question :noexpression:

To answer your question, as I understand it, the map of Nevada is mostly complete. The current focus and difficulty is perfecting EDGE, the new terrain engine on which the Nevada map, and subsequent maps (excluding the current Georgia map) will run on. No completion date or time frame has been given. I hope that answers your questions.

The thread is pretty bloated with crud, I am sure that is the reason behind it, they have an official announcement thread, I am sure if they have something new they will tell us there...

I realize that and agree. But the fact remains that many people have been looking to this thread for updates and to discuss it, especially since the official update thread is not updated very often.

My concern isn't that it was moved from the World thread. I can understand why it doesn't really fit in there. After looking over the title threads, I have noticed that "chit-chat" is the "best" section for these threads, but it isn't really an ideal solution. People won't really think to search this section for places to discuss new content...

Or maybe that is just me, I don't know. *shrug*