DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

I dont think anyone can comment on performance yet, if your purchase is solely for DCS I would wait, I am sure it will be more better... but I dont know...

Sorry Sith. I should have asked in an overall PC gaming experience. Not for EDGE.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, as I understand it, the Nevada map will be able to be expanded upon in the future. Is this a correct statement?

NTTR is fine but I would also like to have northern Nevada and California included as well to include the Navy and Marine Corp and Army bases and training ranges as well (China Lake, NAS Fallon, Twentynine Palms, Ft Irwin, Edwards AFB). Basically, all of the R-2508 MOA, MCAGTC and the FRTC.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

• ED Team
Now, as I understand it, the Nevada map will be able to be expanded upon in the future. Is this a correct statement?

NTTR is fine but I would also like to have northern Nevada and California included as well to include the Navy and Marine Corp and Army bases and training ranges as well (China Lake, NAS Fallon, Twentynine Palms, Ft Irwin, Edwards AFB). Basically, all of the R-2508 MOA, MCAGTC and the FRTC.

Map expansion really hasnt been discussed, I think the RRG guys hinted at the possibility, but until we see the tools and such we wont really know. It stands to reason that you could either expand or import the assets from this map to a new larger one, but again, thats all guessing.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Im worried about weather. It all looks very pretty on the ground, but Id really like to see an improvement to the weather rendering system. The clouds and assorted weather systems look exactly the same as what we have right now. And what we have right now is not impressive at all....

Any conformation on what engine this simulator is running on?

Edit: it looks like it is this company: http://udcusa.com/aeronautics/mi-17mi-171-helicopter-flight-simulator/

I think it has nothing to do with DCS it just looks similar because it is set in the same region as the current campaign map.

Edit 2: actually it is this company: http://www.avia-ts.ua/

How many differnet companies make mi-17 simulators , you would think they would only need one!

It does look to run very smoothly considering the amazing detail of the environments but these simulators cost £500,000+ so they will be running some very high end hardware that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on.

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Any conformation on what engine this simulator is running on?

Edit: it looks like it is this company: http://udcusa.com/aeronautics/mi-17mi-171-helicopter-flight-simulator/

I think it has nothing to do with DCS it just looks similar because it is set in the same region as the current campaign map.

Edit 2: actually it is this company: http://www.avia-ts.ua/

How many differnet companies make mi-17 simulators , you would think they would only need one!

It does look to run very smoothly considering the amazing detail of the environments but these simulators cost £500,000+ so they will be running some very high end hardware that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on.

It has for sure nothing to do with DCS but in this videoclip Anthony Echavarria replies "this is EDGE. It is just running in a different IG, not DCSW". So i guess it's possibly the same engine.

Im worried about weather. It all looks very pretty on the ground, but Id really like to see an improvement to the weather rendering system. The clouds and assorted weather systems look exactly the same as what we have right now. And what we have right now is not impressive at all....

Most likely this is earlier version of EDGE with basic weather systems in fact I believe that they are just showing off the map with nice weather.

What I have heard from Yo-Yo, they have been making "realistic" high and low pressure simulation which generates the weather. They have made as well few different kind of cloud types that we have in real life. High and medium altitude clouds, variations of alto and cirrus clouds.

Sorry can't find the link, maybe somewhere... And that information is just from my memory so don't quote me there. :)

Another problem is that mission designers, especially in the multiplayer, normally just pick up the totally fine weather with no clouds.

EDGE is being worked into the sim right now, and it will take advantage of our systems much better than what the current engine does, there is no reason to believe any of your opinion is remotely correct.

Sure....Shield up, all power to shields. There is anti-fanboys runing in :megalol:

I want to belive :D

Personal opinion is not alowed , not even joke with full of smileys ...

Edited by Haukka81

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Sure....Shield up, all power to shields. There is anti-fanboys runing in :megalol:

I want to belive :D

Personal opinion is not alowed , not even joke with full of smileys ...

No, people want to come to this thread for news and info on EDGE and Nevada, not "jokes" that aren't constructive to the topic. An emoticon at the end of a sentence doesn't give you a free pass to say whatever you want.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Can somebody confirm that this is also the edge engine? Somebody replied at one of the youtube movies this is the edge engine.

It looks alot like it. This movies show what is possible in dcs world i guess:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt7W2HUQBQ8LL9WdYVlwM0A?feature=watch

All of these are previously discussed in the EDGE Thread

None of the Content in those videos is representative of upcoming Modules or 3rd Party Modules.

They Are Simply Earlier Versions of EDGE running on Different Simulation platforms being used by other companies for training.

So dont go Posting DCS:KA-52, DCS:AV-8x, DCS: Whatever.

These maps are Commercial Property belonging to other Companies.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The price of a professional training simulator has actually very little to do with the spec of the computers they run on, the above is not an accurate or relative assumption to be applied to EDGE's performance. My last job was maintaining flight simulators for a small aviation school that had a 4 year degree for professional pilots. They had four different model simulators that ranged in purchase prices from $150,000 to $300,000 including one that was a 737 version of this turboprop sim:

https://flypfc.com/?/training-systems/mfd-turboprop/

While I don't remember the specific graphics cards that they ran, the highest level system was a P4 (not an i3/5/7 or core-duo) system that could be built for around $600 7-8 years ago. The cost of those simulators are tied up in the development of the proprietary software and all of the hardware that plugs into the computers (switches, gauges, displays, etc).

The price of a professional training simulator has actually very little to do with the spec of the computers they run on, the above is not an accurate or relative assumption to be applied to EDGE's performance. My last job was maintaining flight simulators for a small aviation school that had a 4 year degree for professional pilots. They had four different model simulators that ranged in purchase prices from $150,000 to $300,000 including one that was a 737 version of this turboprop sim:

https://flypfc.com/?/training-systems/mfd-turboprop/

While I don't remember the specific graphics cards that they ran, the highest level system was a P4 (not an i3/5/7 or core-duo) system that could be built for around $600 7-8 years ago. The cost of those simulators are tied up in the development of the proprietary software and all of the hardware that plugs into the computers (switches, gauges, displays, etc).

+1, The last "Commercial" Simulator I worked on was a Pentium IV (non HT), w/ 2 GB of RDRAM (Rambus), Sound Blaster Live, A Custom Controller Card for Switches, Windows, and A Simulator Package built Around Microsoft's ESP, A Separate Rig to Control Most of the Cockpit Switches and Gauges, Linked to the first one through Both Network Cat5 and Serial Connections. GPU was A Mid-Range ATi Card.

The Units werent even in "PC Cases" they were Mainboards inside of Metal Boxes Bolted to the Inside Wall of the Housing Unit with just an I/O Plate on the back, No CD Rom to Restore Data, to Repair Anything, We had to remove the HDD and Put it into a repair unit of the same spec w/ a CD Rom, Floppy and Keyboard/Mouse input. then move the HDD Back into the main unit.

The most expensive thing being the RamBUS RAM.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

No, people want to come to this thread for news and info on EDGE and Nevada, not "jokes" that aren't constructive to the topic. An emoticon at the end of a sentence doesn't give you a free pass to say whatever you want.

How'd I guess you would get on someone else for this.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1919584&postcount=122 :music_whistling:

But you are right, it's a fine line. In this case you knew where it was ;)

As for EDGE, I think it's shaping up to look really impressive. For someone that lives in Las Vegas currently, this is going to be the most fun I've had with the sim since it was released! I can already picture flying the Huey from my part of town to Nellis. Yesssssss!

EDIT: Sith, after reading your response again, you did say that you mod harder in "News" topics. Carry on. lol

Edited by KaspeR32

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

• ED Team

EDIT: Sith, after reading your response again, you did say that you mod harder in "News" topics. Carry on. lol

Yes, and we were told from the top that this thread was to be managed harder than most because of its tendency to drift off topic and out of context... so finally... lets keep it on track.

64Sig.png

Fine to mee, And yes i hope that edge will be good, im happy if i finally get trees where i can crash my huey :) no need to extra shiny graphics , just real trees plees :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not sure why there is such a huge demand for tree damage. I mean, it's not often a pilot hits a tree unless he is going to crash in anycase and even then he does all he can to avoid them. But if you still want to crash your chopper on purpose there is always the nearest building or hill.

Edited by Dudester22

I am not sure why there is such a huge demand for tree damage. I mean, it's not often a pilot hits a tree unless he is going to crash in anycase and even then he does all he can to avoid them.

because you have people on MP that like to exploit the weakness in the games. And take advantage of it. Also AI can see through the trees and you cant.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• ED Team

I know some combined arms and helicopter pilots that would appreciate the cover of trees.

The latest images look great looking forward to seeing what EDGE will be like

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am not sure why there is such a huge demand for tree damage. I mean, it's not often a pilot hits a tree unless he is going to crash in anycase and even then he does all he can to avoid them. But if you still want to crash your chopper on purpose there is always the nearest building or hill.

Because last night ( and many other times ) when I was flying, I went low to avoid some AAA and I flew for 20 or more second through a nice forest like I was a ghost or something and not only that but the superhuman AAA ai was shooting at me like I was sitting on a chair right next to them..Also because I drove an abrams, full speed, through a tree forest without losing any speed (is this possible?) plus receiving fire from all directions like I was a fly into a cup of milk.

That is why.

Edited by TaliG
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War