DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was wags words before, but in my opinion (and actually I am a A10C pre-purchaser) i could understand if Nevada would cost 100% for others and, maybe, 50% or similar to us because the product that ED will release could be strongly different that the original Nevada as planned.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Ah, I didn't know Nevada was a planned feature for A10C during preorders. I should read up on the DCS history, I suppose.

That case, yes, it's logical that A10C preorders get Nevada for free.

I am in any case prepared to pay for this addon, as I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

I can't believe I bought A-10C on October 5th, 2010, which INCLUDED the Nevada Map .. and over 2 years later ... I'm/we're still waiting for the Nevada Map to be re-released. :huh:

.. almost seems criminal somehow. :noexpression:

I'm pretty sure that someone .. Wags? .. said that the Nevada Map would be released shortly after A-10C was released. :music_whistling:

Did most of my flying, during the Beta Phase, on the Nevada Map .. and have rarely played A-10C since it was released. Really missing that Nevada Map. :noexpression:

Perhaps I need to make an addendum to my Will, ... so that perhaps my son can collect on my purchase. :noexpression:

What you´ve said is incorrect. You seem to forget that the whole thing has changed. If the map only would be the matter, you were right. But it isn´t. It is the whole new grafixs engine which takes this reasonable longer development time.

So calm down and think before you post. This theme has often enough been discussed

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

That was wags words before, but in my opinion (and actually I am a A10C pre-purchaser) i could understand if Nevada would cost 100% for others and, maybe, 50% or similar to us because the product that ED will release could be strongly different that the original Nevada as planned.

Not OK with that.

Nevada is coming with a new graphic engine and both have looooooooong dev time.

But a promise is a promise. As DCS A-10c pre-purchaser, as it was announced and repeated, I expect receive Nevada terrain for free, simply because it was promised. Simple as that.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

What you´ve said is incorrect. You seem to forget that the whole thing has changed. If the map only would be the matter, you were right. But it isn´t. It is the whole new grafixs engine which takes this reasonable longer development time.

So calm down and think before you post. This theme has often enough been discussed

Actually, what I said is NOT incorrect. 2 years ago I purchased A-10C, which included the Nevada Map. I currently don't have the Nevada Map as part of my A-10C installation ... simple as that. :music_whistling:

I don't care what has changed. I paid for something .. I don't have it. :cry:

There was no suggestion of .. you MAY get the Nevada Map ! .. if things change you MAY have to wait > 2 years to get the Nevada Map. etc.etc. etc.

Oh, and believe me .. I'm calm. Perhaps you should take heed of your own advice. :huh:

Cheers

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

I understand you Cedaway: maybe I'm simply more forgiving about the price I pay for the hours of fun :), but your words are correct also :).

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Actually, what I said is NOT incorrect. 2 years ago I purchased A-10C, which included the Nevada Map. I currently don't have the Nevada Map as part of my A-10C installation ... simple as that. :music_whistling:

There was no suggestion of .. you MAY get the Nevada Map ! .. if things change you MAY have to wait > 2 years to get the Nevada Map. etc.etc. etc.

Oh, and believe me .. I'm calm. Perhaps you should take heed of your own advice. :huh:

Cheers

No, Thomasew...my words were carefully choosen as I said calm down and think befotre posting...I said this on purpose. The reason is simple. It was often enough said that the map you´re talking about doesnt exist anymore. The map we both flew over while the hog was in beta, was redone completely from scratch. So the 2 years are not only development time on top of the product you used to know. It is a total new product plus a new engine...so guess how long it takes to create a new engine and a new map ontop of it...so get infos before complaining

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

+1 Thomasew.

Cheers

I have to agree with that.

Cheers

+1.

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 x64, Intel i7-970 6 Core, 12GB, ATI 5970, TrackIR 5 w/Clip, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals

+1

Cheers

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

+1 Thomasew.

I have to agree with that.

+1.

+1

Are you guys really aware and serious about what you´re talking and furthermore doing here?

EDIT:

Just for the memory...you have NOT purchased the Nevada map as it became part of the beta. Nevada was simply a temporary bonus item within the beta, you have purchased the A-10C ONLY...no more and no less...

EDIT2

have you guys checked the official updates thread? if not, you can do this here. It might give you a better understanding of why the delay took so long.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

EDIT:

Just for the memory...you have NOT purchased the Nevada map as it became part of the beta. Nevada was simply a temporary bonus item within the beta, you have purchased the A-10C ONLY...no more and no less...it´s bad to see how less clue you guys have

While it is technically true that we purchased a module named for the A-10C, Nevada was in fact, originally, a major advertised feature of the product, not just some secret bonus item. It was one of my deciding factors in buying the product since I have never been much of a fan of the A-10 (I mean the airplane, the module is wonderful). In fact, when I first installed my copy of the beta, the very first thing I did before anything else was look for Nevada because I wanted to explore it. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know at the time that I had downloaded the first beta version to not include the new map.

However, the line of thought of demanding an unfinished product that as far as we know is not even in alpha testing is self destructive. Rallying dissent with other customers doesn't actually accomplish anything other than forcing ED to be (justly) less open in discussion and announcements about their future products and features (fact), and then people get upset that they are less open. Even if, due to overwhelming protest, they were to release Nevada and Edge in its current form, it would probably be buggy, unstable, and unfinished. People would complain even more about crashes and placeholders than they do about not having Nevada at all.

The simple truth is that for reasons beyond ED's control, Nevada was unable to be released as they originally intended, but with this delay, they took the opportunity to make it even better than originally advertised. I am content to wait rather than receive the original map that did not meet DCS standards, or the new map in its unpolished form.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

i am not a native speaker, so i hope to have the correct words at my fingertips...

the mood in this thread goes into the wrong direction! when i bought quite some time ago the beta of DCS, i understood that beta customer would receive for free "a" nevada map for use with the full final version. to be honest this was NOT the main reason for buying DCS-A10 and i have been having and still have a lot of fun all the time (even without the nevada map). BUT in my current version i do NO have access to a nevada map. if Wags explains to me that i have to pay for nevada+EDGE some ??$ as this addon due needed a reasonable investment in the EDGE part i will be fine with that. but my expectation still is to get some kind of "gift" from ED as Nevada map was anounced as part of the final DCS-A10 version for the beta customer. this is at least how i remember the situation. unfortunately i cannot find any posts from that in the forum.

please don´t get me wrong i love this simulation with and without nevada map. but the communication to the customer could have been better for this specific part of the simulation.

just my 50cent.... keep flying

desmo

p.s. running an old version of the beta i can NOT find any nevada mao....

Perhaps the disappointment in the FC3 release has caused many to question if the Nevada map project will ever get finished. While the DCS World migration has brought a needed level of standardization to the series, the fact remains that just as many bugs have been introduced or replicated from past versions as have been fixed. Given the near decade long development cycle of the LOMAC/DCS concept, I believe the customer has the right to question whether ED's focus has shifted away from an outstanding, but less profitable study sim (DSC A-10C); to a more commercial venture that is FC3. I eagerly await the first of the 3rd-party add-on aircraft to reinvigorate this simulator.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

generally I want to say that complain is not bad at all...it is the matter a complain is pointed at and the question whether it worth to complain about certain things or not.

In this case, the complains are unfounded and senseless. We are about to get a great new module soon. Sure, ED has turned around a few times, and things which were announced or mentionened once are no more part of the deal. But this is the way ED goes and this is what the tenor of the whole thing is...everythings is subject to change...even this can change :).

Most of the development time already passed by and it might only be a question of a few month, until we can explore the desert of Nevada.

So point your complains on things that really matters and not on things they dont worth using the keyboard.

If I would have to speak out a complain right now...so I´d do that to the ongoing progress which hasnt been mentioned or commented more than half a year, either in posts or in screenshots...the last few shots were provided in may this year...this (in my eyes) is a reason to complain..

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Sure, ED has turned around a few times, and things which were announced or mentionened once are no more part of the deal. But this is the way ED goes and this is what the tenor of the whole thing is...everythings is subject to change...even this can change :).

[...]

If I would have to speak out a complain right now...so I´d do that to the ongoing progress which hasnt been mentioned or commented more than half a year, either in posts or in screenshots...

Really? I´m quite sure there are posts by ED officials which would contradict this theory. Not this discussion again...

I think you are right about the second thing, though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

EDIT:

Just for the memory...you have NOT purchased the Nevada map as it became part of the beta. Nevada was simply a temporary bonus item within the beta, you have purchased the A-10C ONLY...no more and no less...

No..I'm pretty sure I bought Nevada too...How is it a bonus? They reduced the cost of DCS A10 considerably after Nevada was removed....And I was one of the ones who bought the beta at full price, with Nevada included.

Also a large part of why I bought DCS:A10 was for Nevada. Mainly due to the fact I was (and still am) sick of looking at the Georgian/Russian territory since 2001. Also in the small hope it might run better than that old terrain.

I don't post in here too often and have never complained about the delay ( even though it obviously does irk me.)

I will pretty annoyed though if they try to charge me again for Nevada.

If they want to charge everyone for the fact that the new map also includes development of Edge, then I expect those who bought Nevada already to get it heavily discounted. In fact They should probably give it to us Beta users for free anyway as a sorry for the delay....I mean there are a lot more people playing DCS:A10 now then when we bought the beta. How many beta owners are there anyway?

But your only going to piss people off by making statements like, "you have NOT purchased the Nevada map"...

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

But your only going to piss people off by making statements like, "you have NOT purchased the Nevada map"...

I am searching for the former prepurchase and open beta announcement post by Wags...this one should clear up if the users who purchased the beta have payed for Nevada map or not.

I have to agree that it is quite a bit strange, when I see that the Pre purchase price was 59,99$ and the price for all other full price modules is only 39,99$.

So in this case, if I am wrong with my statement, then I am sorry. But as long as I was not prooved to be wrong, I cant. The former thread has somehow gone, I cant find it anymore...if anyone could find it, that would help a lot. Even that would proove I am wrong...then I am gladly say sorry...

BUT..this is not matter of this discussion. The matter of this discussion is the frustration of the delay and that it is not understood yet, why the delay happens.

By reading this line:

In fact They should probably give it to us Beta users for free anyway as a sorry for the delay....

I still ask myself if you guys knows what ED is doing there? Please check the official updates thread I linked a few posts above. That should clear up why the delay happens...and this is nothings were ED has to exuse for...in no way, since this is a feature where the whole community and all Flight Sim Enthusiast will benefit from...it simply takes time...that was and still is the matter of this discussion.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I found the prepurchase Thread by Wags: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=989957&postcount=1

If someone can find anythings about the nevada map and that Nevada is part of the purchased product...so tell me...you wont find any

So I still say, you did not payed for Nevada but for DCS A-10C only...hope things are clear now...let ED do their work

EDIT

This is the official announcement post of the final release...again, no Word of Nevada.

This is the roadmap where Wags says in #3, that Nevada will be free for Beta users...

if this still does match, is up to ED. I dont know.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

...let ED do their work

I would hope that they already ARE doing their work and thoroughly ignoring these bickerings.

And anyway, Nate already explained the situation (and on the previous page, nonetheless):

No. It was originally a feature of the A-10 product. It was removed from A-10 feature list when A-10 was released. But people had already pre-purchased A-10 with the expectation of Nevada. As such their expectation of getting Nevada will be honoured. People who did not pre-purchase A-10, will not get Nevada for free.

Why should you get Nevada for free?

Nate

So, Memphis, ED will release Nevada for pre-purchasers for free, and payable for the rest of us.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

I distinctly remember forum posts stating those who purchased the original beta will get the Nevada terrain free when it was finished. If this is not the case then frankly i am going to be as annoyed as all others who purchased the early A10 beta.

Personally FC3 wasnt a complete waste of money for me as i enjoy the F15 and the DCS World merge is something that is deserving of a little money. But as someone who purchased LOCKON/FC/FC2 i can completely see where others are coming from that charging a full module price for something which is in essence just FC2 updated slightly and DCS World compatible. I am one of those who has purchased every ED product betas included. Not only for my enjoyment but to support ED.

I really have to say though, if it turns out, we who paid the original price for the A10 beta do not get Nevada once it is released for free, i will definatly not be purchasing future titles. I appreciate ED is a business, but there is only so far the loyal users can be pushed.

So, Memphis, ED will release Nevada for pre-purchasers for free, and payable for the rest of us.

This is the roadmap where Wags says in #3, that Nevada will be free for Beta users...

if this still does match, is up to ED. I dont know.

and?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Memphis, you keep rambling that Nevada was NOT a pre-purchase feature. Nate, a member of ED testing team, clearly stated the opposite.

You keep saying that prepurchasers are NOT entitled to a free Nevada map. Nate said that prepurchasers WILL get a free Nevada map.

And Nate posted this yesterday.

THAT.