DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That information only works for FC1 and BS1 and FC2. An upgraded format was introduced in A10c and above

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

uhh.. what about this?

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Editing_and_modding

after having checked the media on their site, that Prepar3D looked and felt a bit 'cardboard', they don't have a public/limited DEMO of it to try out how is it at airdynamics/physics and realism, since it uses Microsoft's FS system, there is nothing much of that good to expect out of it neither to goof or be proud of it... so i'm pretty much skeptical about it.

also another thing : as it is owned by a big company (Lockheed Martin), if some day they see it doesn't meet their 'business plan' and generate profit or income (just as all big companies do, they are into making money) , they will simply ditch it the next day (ie: recent MS Flight fiasco) such big companies simply don't care about us, "PC simmers - mortals" that's what we are ...

On the contrary, because LHM is so big, I would think that they have a rather large vested interest in such an adaptable moddable platform that they have now fully internalized. Since a lot of their business is invested in aircraft systems and weapons platforms, a good base simulator that they can adapt to their needs at will would be an extremely valuable thing I would think. Microsoft on the other hand had absolutely no interest in flight simming aside from the dollars generated. Not comparable.

Also MSFS is one of the most in-depth platforms when it comes to integrating plugins and modifying the system to suit your needs. It is hardly cardboard, and the only reason the physics or systems aren't up to your high standard is because the companies who build the products are simply not making them to this standard for the most part. The engine is capable of much more than what most people give it credit for.

In fact, when Prepar3D comes to light, I suspect that more than a few companies will be using it for professional simulator environments in lieu of over priced alternatives such as Frasca international sim systems, which are complete garbage in my opinion (especially the ground handling, you think FC2 is bad for $20, try driving a $150/hr Sr-20 sim where it feels like you have ice skates on your plane), and definitely not worth the $600,000 spent on a single platform.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Hi folks,

correct me if I'm wrong but for me EDGE doesn't seem to be much more than an increased terrain mesh resolution together with higher res textures and a little coding to get it working fluent. So I dont think there will be many visual changes except the ones i ve mentioned above.

I feel quiete a lot people will be dissappointed when they finally get it. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Browse the forum and look at some of the latest screens - you will change your mind. Anyway, EDGE is supposed to be a new terrain engine that takes advantage of the latest graphic card features. That means ED will be able to provide us with better visuals that are better optimised.

Another thing about EDGE is that after it's done and becomes the standard scenery rendering engine in DCS, other sceneries (either by ED or third parties) should follow. That means good bye boring old Black Sea region. ;)

EDGE brings us better graphics, higher mesh resolutions, more accurate elevation maps, more accurate static structure design and placement, and better performance (likely). There are also many other things that will probably be changed, but haven't been discussed yet, so I wouldn't know to speculate on them.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

EDGE brings us better graphics, higher mesh resolutions, more accurate elevation maps, more accurate static structure design and placement, and better performance (likely). There are also many other things that will probably be changed, but haven't been discussed yet, so I wouldn't know to speculate on them.

What I´d like to know is, whether EDGE is a feature for Nevada only, or is it the future of all further ED land modules (if there are some about to follow after Nevada at all)?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Can't give you the source right now but I believe it's meant for all further land development projects. Supposedly it will also allow more community input in modyfing/creating land but I only have my memory to prove it now :)

What's the price going to be?

Free for those who bought A10 in Beta...:thumbup:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Free for those who bought A10 in Beta...:thumbup:

I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Only if we live long enough :megalol:

I probably fall into this category .. :smilewink:

I can't believe I bought A-10C on October 5th, 2010, which INCLUDED the Nevada Map .. and over 2 years later ... I'm/we're still waiting for the Nevada Map to be re-released. :huh:

.. almost seems criminal somehow. :noexpression:

I'm pretty sure that someone .. Wags? .. said that the Nevada Map would be released shortly after A-10C was released. :music_whistling:

Did most of my flying, during the Beta Phase, on the Nevada Map .. and have rarely played A-10C since it was released. Really missing that Nevada Map. :noexpression:

Perhaps I need to make an addendum to my Will, ... so that perhaps my son can collect on my purchase. :noexpression:

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

A-10C Beta 2 Nevada Map => 3rd Party phased out. ED take the work and start from zero, convert them on the future EDGE map engine for ED theatres. The last info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1463806&postcount=26

Old Nevada Beta 2 unfinished has moving by internet and can put on DCS:W, but only a unfinished work.

With Nevada / EDGE has releases (expected Late 2012 / Early 2013) the A-10 Beta testers will be get by free (expected).

A-10C Beta 2 Nevada Map => 3rd Party phased out. ED take the work and start from zero, convert them on the future EDGE map engine for ED theatres. The last info here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1463806&postcount=26

Old Nevada Beta 2 unfinished has moving by internet and can put on DCS:W, but only a unfinished work.

With Nevada / EDGE has releases (expected Late 2012 / Early 2013) the A-10 Beta testers will be get by free (expected).

I think that was for only the 3rd prty version? Now with this version which was on hiatus

I don't expect this map nor if theres a second map thats being worked will be rdy until 2014?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

the A-10 Beta testers will be get by free (expected).

Before some one misunderstand this statement: all the people that bought A10 pre-purchase version should get this for free :).

Those were Wags word in one old post.... as I remember.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Why then not all users that purchased ANY DCS sim in pre-purchase? Like P51D, Black Shark 2, Combined Arms or FC3? Why would only A10C prepurchasers be exclusive?

But then again, pre-purchasing a game already grants you early access to beta versions, allowing you to enjoy the sim AND contribute with comments, to make the sim even better when it's officially released.

So why would the Nevada map be made free for pre-purchasers only?

Either make it free for anyone that bought a DCS module, or make it payable for all.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

No. It was originally a feature of the A-10 product. It was removed from A-10 feature list when A-10 was released. But people had already pre-purchased A-10 with the expectation of Nevada. As such their expectation of getting Nevada will be honoured. People who did not pre-purchase A-10, will not get Nevada for free.

Why should you get Nevada for free?

Nate