Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it has not been said by now will it?

Your sarcasm detector seems misaligned. :smilewink: Read the whole thread but where you see "Black Shark" replace it with "this thread" and you'll see I neatly summed the thread up. So yes, it's all been said by now, you're right. heh

simply an update

:doh:

BlackShark 2 NOT !!.. Simply adding a number to the end of the title and slapping a price on it does not make it a new game. This is simply an update with a price. Number of supporters for your products just dropped by 4 :)

What would constitute a 'valid' sequel, then?

Improvements to the (already very good) flight model?

Updates to the graphics to bring it closer to modern standards?

A new campaign?

A larger map?

Additional units and factions?

Improvements to the capabilities of the mission editor?

An overhaul of the AI including dynamic radio chatter and lots of settings that the mission designer can use to tailor AI behaviour to their mission?

All of the above? Something else?

BlackShark 2 NOT !!.. Simply adding a number to the end of the title and slapping a price on it does not make it a new game. This is simply an update with a price. Number of supporters for your products just dropped by 4 :)

So damn, I've been playing updates to ME, COD, BF, BC, AC, Civ, hell just about every sequel that only improved graphics that had alot less than what BS2 has, usually minor changes to actual gameplay.

But yeah, we'll see you in DCS: Fighter.

• Like 1

I am not with ED. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever. I am not a reviewer, moderator, tester, or anything of the sort. I am only a customer / player like you. I only suggested we close this thread because its been discussed for over 100 pages. If it has not been said by now will it?

100 pages? I have 34, you need to go into your profile and change it to show more post per page.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• 2 weeks later...

I do not agree paying for a patch

Thanks but no thanks, BS2 is patch and as a paying customer, it should be free since I have BS v1... Maybe only 20$ but the purpose of it, when I bought my product, you told us that all patch will be free. I understand the work involved, however, ED stand by your word, the market is already small as it is for this product, and you think that this action is acceptable? Well for me no, however I still you wish you well. Less 1 here, I stand my ground, I will wait, your working on the next wing fighter, nice, by then your game engine will be most likely updated to dx11, by then, I will have to pay for DCS10-2, BS3, and so on, you still think that is acceptable business behavior? How can you? I don’t mind paying for addition, that being said, extra aircraft, as expected, but for a patch on already own software? Well I do not agree…

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

This is getting boring. Aren't there already enough rant-threads?

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

This is getting boring. Aren't there already enough rant-threads?

Clearly the MOD’s are doing their job, however for you it’s acceptable that we have to pay for a patch? When clearly they "ED" said that upgrades to existing modules will be free…Sorry but I’m not rich like you, all my earn cash I have is tied in into living. I was not expecting to pay for this patch, sorry…

I admit it is rant, but as paying customer, I feel I have the right to rant on that extent. Ok "rant off" enough sayd.....

Edited by TheMoose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I apologized that my view does not reflect your view on the subject. Open your wallet....

I apologized that my view does not reflect your view on the subject. Open your wallet....

You have stated your opinion on the subject and it has been noted. Now kindly refrain from belabouring the issue and move along.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Clearly the MOD’s are doing their job, however for you it’s acceptable that we have to pay for a patch? When clearly they "ED" said that upgrades to existing modules will be free…Sorry but I’m not rich like you, all my earn cash I have is tied in into living. I was not expecting to pay for this patch, sorry…

I admit it is rant, but as paying customer, I feel I have the right to rant on that extent. Ok "rant off" enough sayd.....

You have to be rich to afford $20? :megalol:

Let's see...for $20 I can take my wife to the movies. If I chip in another $15 or so I can get drinks, some popcorn, maybe some M&Ms. That is a one time event for the value.

With BS2, I get endless hours of fun plus the ability to go online and fly with people all over the world. On top of that I get to use my creativity with the mission editor which gives me yet more hours of fun. All for just $20.

Time for you to get another hobby. Perhaps checkers might agree with you. That is pretty cheap.

• Like 1

You really don't get it, it's not the 20$, but the extent that this "patch:" was expected to be free. NOTE enigma I have been playing lomac since day 1. Been a faithful customer with Eagle Dynamic, but this...

If they would have said initially that all patches would be pay per use. However that Is not the case is it?

Edited by 159th_Viper
Rule 4.6
  • Like 2

You've lost your perspective then.

No I have not, that's the reason of my post, putting things into perspective...

:doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks but no thanks, BS2 is patch and as a paying customer, it should be free since I have BS v1... Maybe only 20$ but the purpose of it, when I bought my product, you told us that all patch will be free. I understand the work involved, however, ED stand by your word, the market is already small as it is for this product, and you think that this action is acceptable? Well for me no, however I still you wish you well. Less 1 here, I stand my ground, I will wait, your working on the next wing fighter, nice, by then your game engine will be most likely updated to dx11, by then, I will have to pay for DCS10-2, BS3, and so on, you still think that is acceptable business behavior? How can you? I don’t mind paying for addition, that being said, extra aircraft, as expected, but for a patch on already own software? Well I do not agree…

I don't think that they explicitly said that the compatibility patch would be free but that they insinuated that it would be free. Most of the the indignation on the forums is directly related to ED's lack of clarity on the matter. I think Sobek or EtheralN stated that ED purposefully did not say anything about the Black Shark 2 pricing because they got a lot of heat for charging for Flaming Cliffs 2.

I definitely think that Black Shark 2 was worth the $20.00 and I would pay that $20.00 again however I don't want this to be a precedent for future ED products.

I personally think the community updates (although 100% better than a year ago) need to get a lot better. I mean Luthier @ 1C does a phenomenal job of providing weekly updates and the amount of dissent on their boards is minimal. Just my 0.02 for what it's worth.

Edited by Krippz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I think Sobek or EtheralN stated that ED purposefully did not say anything about the Black Shark 2 pricing because they got a lot of heat for charging for Flaming Cliffs 2.

To be clear, I don't know that as a fact, but my takehome from having to moderate that storm is that I would not be surprised if ED went a bit "wow" at the backlash when it was announced that the price of FC2 had to be increased from what had been announced. If that was me making the decisions, I would have taken that lesson and basically said "I'll be extremely careful about saying anything in the future."

And to be clear, there was no promise of free compatibility. There was a stated ambition to be able to do that back in 2008, which still circulates but has through chinese whispers transformed into a holy oath.

That said, ED has stated that this is not the preferred solution. It is just very complex to get things into a place where it's possible to do such upgrades without getting paid for it. They are looking actively at other ways to make it happen.

I personally think the community updates (although 100% better than a year ago) need to get a lot better. I mean Luthier @ 1C does a phenomenal job of providing weekly updates and the amount of dissent on their boards is minimal. Just my 0.02 for what it's worth.

1C does a nice job there, yeah, but we need to remember that 1C is a VERY big company. Even if the studio making CloD itself is not bigger (I don't know, haven't checked), they can rely on a lot of resources from the greater 1C to help streamline information. That is the kind of thing that would happen in the background and not necessarily be apparent to the user.

I'd definitely love to get something like that though, but the guys have to keep a lot of balls in the air at the same time. So I unfortunately don't know if it's a reasonable expectation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I have absolutly no problem supporting further development and I cant understand how anyone would have a problem with prices. I think ED asked everyone how much FC should cost or how much BS should cost...cant remeber and it was released cheaper than I thought it would be. Bottom line is I feel prices have been totally fair.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

very disappointed there are no training missions ... is this going to be fixed ? I am not reinstalling BS1 just to learn how to use the systems again... What happens to people who have just got BS2 full version ?

Edited by gonk

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals