Black Shark 2 Released

Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GG,

First off thanks for your answer's.

Not trying to be obtuse but the installer is a major component, IE needed to install, how come the testers didn't pick up on this when they installed ?.

Still trying to remain patient on the installer issue as I can't :joystick: :D:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

See my sig for the 32bit tweak.

Nate

I saw that in the installation notes too. I assumed that's for XP installs that only see 2GB of usable memory. On my (4GB) system, XP sees 3GB without any switches.

Just got my joystick buttons reassigned. First test flight was okay (with HDR and Shadows). Now, off to the shooting range...:)

The tweak allows more "address space" (up to 3GB, instead of 2GB) to be used by applications in 32-bit Windows (if the application explicitely supports it), regardless of the amount of physical memory (RAM). Still, the best thing is to use 64-bit Windows.

Is that possible that the person who was deleting my post here explain me why in MP and not delet this one again please?

Thank's :thumbup:

I'll take a wild guess and say, they must have been OT (off topic)

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Please try disabling the shadows and HDR and see if it still crashes on you.

Just did. HDR and Shadows disabled. Restarte the Shooting Range. On approach and quickstop, my stupid wing man clipped me, busting his rotors. As he impacted the ground, BS2 crashed again.

However, one round earlier (to confirm it's still crashing with HDR and Shadows on), I was able to hit a car with a missle from a distance, and it exploded fine. It was only after getting up close and hitting it with the gun that, when it exploded, BS2 crashed.

So it doesn't seem be caused by HDR or Shadows. Everytime I'm close to something exploding, BS2 crashes :(

• Like 1

Still trying to remain patient on the installer issue as I can't :joystick: :D:D

please make a list about thingy you´ve already tried.

For me it was the german version issue. What have you tried to make it run? (unsuccesfull)

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

And again. Got close to a tank on the Shooting Range. (Told the friggin wingman to stay behind this time :) Tried to hit with missles, but missed. Missle launches and impacts are fine. Switches to gun. Gun impacts in the ground and on the tank are fine. Hit some more, tank was starting to smoke. Then it started to explode and BS2 promptly crashed. This was again with:

["HDR"] = 0,

["cockpitShadows"] = false,

and

["shadows"] = 0,

Instead of a sound problem, could it be a scoring issue?

Instead of a sound problem, could it be a scoring issue?

Never mind, that would cause a crash from a distance too. It's only when being close. My guess is that it is related to an explosion effect.

Please let me know if you want a copy of my config or other debug info. I'm more than happy to test and supply what you guys need.

Thanks!

PS: This is with BS2 full version on XPsp3 with 3 usable GB of RAM. Bsaed on my free memory display (game panel), it's only using about 68-70% RAM, so I doubt it's a memory problem.

Well I'm a fickle beast, so I worked out my budged (comfortable this month for a change) and bought it. Downloading now.

You should be pleased!;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

please make a list about thingy you´ve already tried.

For me it was the german version issue. What have you tried to make it run? (unsuccesfull)

In order:

• Downloaded DCS Black Shark from Direct2Drive.com
  • Installed DCS Black Shark version 1.0.
  • Attempted to run the Black Shark 2 exe; no joy "DCS BlackShark must be installed"
  • I then ran Black Shark version 1.0; exited and ran Black Shark 2 exe and same issue.

From what I've read BlackShark 2 only installs if version 1.0 of Black Shark is on your computer.

Guess I will have to continue to wait :music_whistling:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

If your download speed permits, try and download the English version from the website over here (2GB) and use that to install and activate. Be sure to delete the registry key prior to BS1 install and activation.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I had no problem spending the $20.00 for this upgrade. I have used these products before without a problem either in the install or running the software. I was a bit miffed when it didn't work after I had paid for it. But I can understand how things can get overlooked. What I can't for the life of me understand is now that ED is aware of this issue nothing is posted on the download page to let people know that 1. They have to do a work around to make it work involving more installing and time consuming efforts to make this work or 2. Wait for the fix to come out. So the same installer which don't work out of the gate is still posted on the FTP for others to be upset about and when they find out that it don't work they like me had to spend more time sifting thru how many pages on the forum to find out how to get a work around and then spend the time performing the work around. How about ED putting some type of warning up there or pulling the installer until it is correct. It is only the right thing to do.

• Like 1

• Attempted to run the Black Shark 2 exe; no joy "DCS BlackShark must be installed"
  • I then ran Black Shark version 1.0; exited and ran Black Shark 2 exe and same issue.

Did you activate BS1 as well? You may need to start a mission to invoke activation request. Simply starting to the main menu is not sufficient, as it doesn't require activation.

In order:

From what I've read BlackShark 2 only installs if version 1.0 of Black Shark is on your computer.

What a Game Version do you have installed, english or somethings different?

What the heck ist Direct2drive.com?

Get the files directly from the ED Homepage, you dont know what files you got from direct2drive.com.

Download

After you finished the download, install it and get into the game, if a activation is required so theres somethings different to your previous version, which means that you´re on a good way.

get into the game and leave it again, apply BS2 installer, it should work then.

You shouldn´t need to uninstall any previous versions, or even do not run any regestry cleaners. Just download, install and start the BS1 installation. That should work.

Crossing fingers for you, mate

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I have to pay what! :D

funny-animal-pic.jpg

It's your choice to buy it or not, no one is forcing you. I have seen some screenshots at simhq that look amazing. So for $20 it is worth it, especially if you really like flying BS. Look here http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3424393/BlackShark2.html#Post3424393

wow I need to get a new pc that just looks amazing!

• Like 1

I can't confirm this now as staff is unavailable, but I believe the installer has already been replaced on the website and should readily except all previously installed versions of Black Shark. We are awaiting confirmation of a successful resolution to the Steam problem to be sure.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules