DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

the best trainer for new pilots

But that's it though, a squad can indeed use the 'stang as a balls-to-the-wall trainer for new recruits. Because hey, if you learn to fly the Pony you'll surely learn how to operate the fast movers as well... and still people complain???

Creativity, folks, creativity is what's needed around here, NOT bitching!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish ED can add a type of A2A-Accu-Sim like for the A2A Spitfire in FSX.

A living and breathing engine with sign of wear, more and more after each flight (saved after each flight).

WsgEiJoBxX0

The "own a plane campaign" A2A offers is really something I would love to have in a DCS environment. But I don't believe that they will be modelling constant wear of the engine based on the oil-type you choose or stuff like that.

so long

Mathias

My System: Intel Core i7-4770K, Asus ROG Strix RX480 O8G, 24GB Ram

I'm not sure what you mean, but yes, I will admit that the Mustang may seem like a strange choice. We have made an effort to explain some of the reasons for this project and we understand that it isn't to everyone's taste or liking. Obviously we're not going to force anyone to agree with us or buy the product. However, my post above was merely a reminder that while your thoughts and opinion are welcome as long as they are presented in a reasonable and considerate nature, repeating your displeasure for no reason other than to state it again will eventually be interpreted as trolling.

Those of you who have been around long enough will surely remember the backblow ED received when the Ka-50 was selected as a flyable, and then the flamewars when DCS was first announced. In fact, every ED project since Flanker 1 had its share of public criticism. Yet it hasn't stopped the company from producing some of the most interesting, popular, and generally high quality combat flight sims on the market. Personally, I would suggest looking at the Mustang as a new and different project. If you don't feel its for you, thats fine. It may be of interest to others. As we've said, it hasn't stopped us from working on the more "mainstream" projects.

I couldn't agree more..they are argueing about one plane yet not knowing that another is being developed in the background..like ie: Mig29, F-4 or so on...then and only then the masses will quiet down..to some point or if ED/DCS also announce that another WWII aircraft is in the works..to go against each other example a " FW-109 " ... and I understood from "GGTharos " statement which I posted that he feels there will be a follow up..which I posted also several times..but they fail to see/read it or understand it..

I sooooo much looking forward to the P-51D and the others to follow..:thumbup:

And I reply: as per Wags's announcement, a 1st in a series of historical aircraft having nothing to do with the 2 previous modules (BS, WH) per se. So they're branching out - what's wrong with that?

LOL, its funny how the masses fail to read that clearly .. all they are interested is to rant about something they feel they should get because of this or that..if they ever become the CEO of ED/DCS then they can do that..

PS: Members should read all post more clearly..then you will understand..:music_whistling:

Not been on here for a while but after seeing the news about the P-51 I'd thought I best take a look.

Obviously I not just read 50+ pages of posts but I'm sure this must have been asked already... why?

Is the P-51 going to be released with a WWII type of map/environment?

Will we be able to go up against other WWII aircraft even if they are AI only to begin with?

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

Not been on here for a while but after seeing the news about the P-51 I'd thought I best take a look.

Obviously I not just read 50+ pages of posts but I'm sure this must have been asked already... why?

Is the P-51 going to be released with a WWII type of map/environment?

Will we be able to go up against other WWII aircraft even if they are AI only to begin with?

LOL...didn't you take the time to read the last post before you replied????? :doh::doh::doh::doh:

I have just sent the last 2 hours reading every post within this thread, interesting reading, from a personal perspective I am not interested in the P51 whatsoever, however are there any possible options?

[TABLE]

Option 1: Support the Sims even if you dont like the aircraft.

Purchase the addon even if you dont want to fly it to show support for DCS.

Option 2: Donatation

Double the price of the new Jet Sim thereby funding DCS which could possibly allow for additional development and quicker return. release to community at Beta stage as happend with A10 to inject cash into the business now.

[/TABLE]

From a personal perspective the price to enjoyment value I have recieved from the sim is money well spent, hell its worth double what we pay or even tripple.

I personally would rather donate the price of the game so to allow all focus to be placed into the F18 or Apache Longbow or something like that.

I will purchase it just to show my support for the many hours of fun I have had throughout the DCS series, even though it will just sit in the drawn and gather dust.

Keep up the good work ED.

Jinx

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

LOL...didn't you take the time to read the last post before you replied????? :doh::doh::doh::doh:

"Obviously I not just read 50+ pages of posts...."

So did you not even read the post you are replying to?:doh::doh::doh::doh:

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

I give up....no one can read some important posts they just bitch..

:music_whistling::music_whistling:

I don't know if the bitch part was aimed at me or not but I just asked a question, I didn't bitch.

How does one find the "important" posts?

---------------

--------------------

I don't know if the bitch part was aimed at me or not but I just asked a question, I didn't bitch.

How does one find the "important" posts?

" Bitch " part was in general statement...see you can't understand what you read..:music_whistling:

The rest of you can just bitch your brains out

I highlighted the one word you missed...or unless your name is " rest " in peace..

At the very least tell me you read the first post on the first one......:music_whistling:

Answer to your question is in the third paragraph of said post.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

3) Flyable opponents for P-51 seem really difficult for me. DCS has high standards, and it will be hard to model something if there aren't plenty of documents on particular aircraft. I suppose, ED is going to model planes, which are in possession of http://fighter-collection.com, because Fighter Collection knows those planes well and can provide lots of information. Sadly, they don't have nor BF109, nor FW190, so I am not very optimistic with DCS having a true WWII branch.

There is a BF-109 flying in Germany. I'm sure the owners would give any data needed to make a DCS sim of it. That shouldn't be a problem I guess...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

The "why" was why would you put the P-51 in the the current A-10 enviroment.

Which is why I then asked, "Is the P-51 going to be released with a WWII type of map/environment?"

The op says other aircraft will follow but does this mean that there will be no other WWII aircraft to fly against until then.

Which is why I then asked "Will we be able to go up against other WWII aircraft even if they are AI only to begin with?"

---------------

--------------------

We can create many scenarios with the Mustang, it was in service as late as the 80's.

How about Korean War, Israel war of independence, El Salvador-Honduras Football War, how about Cuban Air forces vs Dominican Air Force ( not real, but possible).

but its still a WW2 aircraft without MFDs etc...not what I am looking for at all. But did I read correctly that you are doing a modern ac and a historical one parallely?

By launching the P51, ED is signaling they're poised to liberate the WW2 simmer community in the not so distant future from a long-standing love/hate relationship with a certain developer of an extremely bugged cockpit shadow simulator... I wish :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Original Post From " Wags "

I thought I would post the original post from " Wags " mostly the third paragraph..

The P-51D will be the first aircraft in the Flying Legends series that focuses on historical aircraft that have set benchmarks in combat aviation. This series of simulations demonstrates the broad scope of DCS simulation environment and its ability to introduce aircraft from all eras into a common simulation environment. While the P-51D started as an internal technology demonstration, it has evolved into an independent product that adds an all new dimension to the DCS universe. The development of the P-51D and other Flying Legends series aircraft definitely does not preclude the continued development of modern aircraft.

:music_whistling:

A Cessna and an armed p51 are a very poor comparison my friend.

I said a cessna as i could say a BF109.

The key is that ED know what customers want, a multirole fighter or air to air at least, at this moment, that we have a helicopter and an air to ground plaen.

But ED is now in a monopoly position, and he knows.

So before to give customers what they are demanding, is good to remember that customers are who pay at least, they are going to take all eggs of gold from the chicken, they sell FC1, then FC2 and again FC3

I think there will be lot of people that wont buy P51, because Element1108, as a cessna and a P51 is a very poor comparison, a P51 in moderm DCS environment is also very poor.

To fly for fly, FSX, or other sims very very good like IL2 for say one.

And this is bad, because finally, customers must wait more, and more for what they want and are demanding, a multirole fast jet, and if is with carrier, better than better.

Greetings

Customers? What customers...

I love when people think their opinion is the opinion of every other customer....

And newsflash...you can work on two products in paraller, in fact most SW companies do.

Comparing FSX to DCS for P51 is like comparing FSX to DCS for BS... does anybody think, that any FSX addon does a better job at simulating heli FM then BS?

They are still working on a modern Air to Air fighter. Chill out, the P51 is (an awesome ) bonus, in addition to the next modern jet.

I never get people who complain about extra things. They have confirmed work on another modern fighter, if this also come out, there is no loss, only a gain.