DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

If next step is DCS Cessna, you´ll buy again?

Sure, why not? They do quality work and I could very well see myself doing some casual flying in an accurately modelled Cessna. Although when it comes to civvie ops I'd much prefer a top notch DC-3 truth be telt ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...when we want start to guessing about such details - np...

you've begun :D

....here is mine:

thought ever about shipping "Flying Legends-P51d" with a improved net-code and patching BS2/A10c to it?! :P

This would be really nice but BS2 has not done this. Why should legends do better?

Do not get me wrong, i love BS2 but since 1.1.1.0 we have more (mp-)issues then before and I wish it was different.

WWII plane.....whats the point of that?We have World of tanks, now in beta testing World of War planes.....for WWII planes.

I'm sorry,i was your great supporter until now.This is redecilous.Maybe you shood post this trad in IL2 forum...not here.

I'll definately buy a module that models a civilian aircraft, but they will have to make huge improvements to mainly the ATC and make bigger areas to fly in, e.g. all of western Europe, for this to be a success. Not just that, but they'd have to model all the airways, VORs, a lot more civilian AI aircraft, airport ground traffic, advanced weather configurations, as well as tonnes of other things that would be too much to mention here.

I'd love to see DFS: Digital Flight Simulator: Boeing 737-800 modeled to the fidelity and accuracy of the DCS standard, with a fully interactive cockpit, accurate flight model, and handling, as well as fully MP compatible with the DCS series.

Awesome? Defenately. Feasible? Not so much.

BUMP: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1379095&postcount=414

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

I looked but didn't see any mention of what environment if any will be modeled for this air-frame, going to be mostly pointless flying this in the SAM environment for WH and BS. Anyone have any idea?

Win7 x64, I7-950 HD 5800 ThrustMaster Hotas WartHog, IRTracker 5, ThrustMaster Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, MFD Couger V2

Sorry , with all due to respect- but you did start:

But honestly, instead of flying legends, I would have preferred ED spend their time fixing current issues (especially MP issues).

I read it clearly that you imply that no one is working at the net-code while preparing another release.

This would be really nice but BS2 has not done this. Why should legends do better?

I don't know (I'm a agnostic !)

:D But many years people believed that earth is a disk - see... Things can change sometimes!

I am not so sure. :p

I guess the netcode guy must ensure that flying legends is compatible with DCS A10C/BS2. And so other issues could get lower priority. :)

The developers and their main task are listed at the end of the flight manual (PDF) ... Surprisingly the flight model and multiplayer code are handled by different people ;)

So let's compile a list of pros and cons. I suppose most of these have been covered in the last 400+ posts, so why don't we just take a list like the one following, mark the items we feel strongly about and then decide to buy it, not to buy or to wait for general feedback once it's released...

(Yes, I am biased about the whole thing, feeling myself strongly on the pro side. Feel free to compile your own list of pros and cons if you see things differently).

[TABLE]|Pro|Con

WWII sims suck|No, they're cool.|Yes, they do.

Flying the P-51D is boringly simple|With the level of detail typical for ED products, you'll find that flying the Mustang is a huge challenge, let alone fighting in it.|Boooooring.

No WWII environment|True, but the plane still rocks. Besides, you can put up P-51 vs. P-51 Dogfight challenges or use your imagination for mixed scenarios.|No use in a high fidelity sim when there's no environment to back it up. Would at least require an enemy fighter like 190 or 109; lack of contemporary ground units and buildings further diminishes the product's value.

P-51 online with BS or Warthog sucks|Not ED's fault, it's up to the mission designer and the server-guys to create and employ such scenarios - or not.|But that's what I'm saying, there's no good scenario.

But IL2 already did all this, and they did it better.|It's ridiculous even comparing IL2 to anything ED ever released. Yes, IL2 is a good WWII sim, but in terms of flight sim, it's very simple and basic.|A few switches here and there, what's the big difference? Most importantly, IL2 has all the environment to go with WWII.

P-51D is going to set back DCS: Fixed Wing|Speculation: Production of DCS P-51D is a good choice to keep ED's resources balanced and working on different projects at the same time. Further, the expected cash flow from P-51D will actually help with the continued development of the series.|Speculation: ED keeps resources away from DCS Fixed Wing, putting that product's release date further away.

Cost for compatibility|P-51D will be online compatible with Ka-50 and A-10C. No one said anything about costly upgrades for the existing titles.|No one said in a reassuring manner that there won't be more costly upgrades. Besides, the whole world is still pissed because of BS2, we'll continue to voice our frustration about it!

But you promised/assured/...|ED never promised/assured anything.|Yes, they did!

We all want DCS Apache/Hind/F-16/F-18/F-18E!/Su-27/....!!!!1!!|And it's coming.|But it's coming waaaaay too late!

And...|... it's coming in spite of P-51D. Possibly even because of it.|... it's coming too late because of it. I know this for sure!!!11!!

I've already spent lots of money on ED products. I have a say!|No, you don't.|Yes!

I'm terribly frustrated about ED's decision to release P-51D|Listen, you don't have to buy it. Feel free to ignore it. No harm done, right?|But didn't you listen to any of the cons above?

P-51D, YAY!|Yes! Yes! YES!|Damn you all. See any of the cons above. DAMN YOU ALL!

P-51D is an added value for the flight sim community|First, it's a contribution to the flight sim crowd in general. Second, it's especially interesting for people that love this era of aviation. Third, it may help interest WWII enthusiasts in modern air combat.|ED will never be able to compete with A2A and other creators of FSX addons. And if they do, it'll set back DCS fixed wing!

It's a terrible decision on ED's part|For the reasons outlined above, it's actually a good decision. The best part is that P-51D is somewhat of a bonus on top of all the other great sims. Besides, are you a marketing expert now?|But it's a bad decision. They're gonna go bankrupt and we're never gonna see F/A-18C. And the day that happens, I'll shout into all of your faces "Told you so!". Besides, are you a marketing expert now?

This is so bad, I'm NOT gonna buy it!|Fine.|You don't get it, do you? I said I'm NOT gonna buy it. See? That's how bad it is, loser! I'm so pissed right now, I'm never gonna buy anything from ED again. I'll have my forum account deleted because I'm so pissed. Right now, BTW. Hahahahaha, bye all you losers.

This is really bad, you now?|Aren't you gone already?|Nah, I'll just stick around for a couple more years and tell you how much P-51D sucks. Okay, granted, in retrospect, DCS Fixed Wing was well worth the wait. But that doesn't change the fact that I was totally pissed when they anounced P-51D!

[/TABLE]

WWII plane.....whats the point of that?We have World of tanks, now in beta testing World of War planes.....for WWII planes.

Soo... Is Steel Beasts is pointless because there is World of Tanks? Sorry sir, your logic is causing significant cognitive dissonance on this side of the screen. :P

World of Planes is not a simulator, so who cares about it? :P

(Well, to be fair, I care, but not for my simming. World of Tanks is fun as a sort of CounterStrike shooter type thing, same deal with WoP. But I don't fool myself into thinking either of those things are simulations.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Or any radar guided AA or t-90's or apc's or man pads any of the military vehicles for that matter..... ya tha's going to be a blast.....Really?

Win7 x64, I7-950 HD 5800 ThrustMaster Hotas WartHog, IRTracker 5, ThrustMaster Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, MFD Couger V2

Hm. What's the top-plate armor on a Shilka?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Very nice and attractive but the Mustang should be in a separate simulator and with at least one competitor at that time. It would be good. :pilotfly:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

LOL for some reason I just don't think a 7.62 is going to punch through it

LOL for some reason I just don't think a 7.62 is going to punch through it

7.62? What?

(.50 cal, plus rockets/bombs)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

OK,WWII FACT Mustang's and Me262[jet] did dogfight.

Interesting scenario.A-10 vs Mustang guns only,How much damage will the P-51 6-.50 Cals do against the Hardened A-10?

Will the A-10 Be able to maneuver with the P-51 enough to squeeze of few GAU-8 30mm rounds?

It will be interesting.

Patrick

mini.gif

These are my favorites: to your ears :music_whistling:

Can I ask a question? :smilewink:

Why is it that sometimes we are able to hear the P-51 supercharger (is that the supercharger?) screaming in a fly-by, such as the one in the first video, and some other times we just hear the engine sound like in the third video at 1 minunte and 40 seconds?

1) Are those two different engines?

2) Does the pilot manually force a higher supercharger gear at low altitude just for the show-off pass?

This has always puzzled me. Does anyone have an answer for it? :smartass:

Well with a .50 they might hear it enough to think its raining outside if they are buttoned up. Still the question remains that the environment built for the WH and BS is not an environment that the 51 can compete in. I'm going to assume that the correctly modeled time period environment will be modeled for the aircraft.

Sorry , with all due to respect- but you did start:

I read it clearly that you imply that no one is working at the net-code while preparing another release.

Thats a misinterpretation. I mean that the work on the netcode is that they have to ensure that flying legends has a netcode which works with BS2 and A10C. :)

And so the improvement of the DCS multiplayer environment and the development of a dedicated server version suffer from this.

I don't know (I'm a agnostic !)

:D But many years people believed that earth is a disk - see... Things can change sometimes!

I am not a believer. I analyze and make guesses. ;)

OK,WWII FACT Mustang's and Me262[jet] did dogfight.

Interesting scenario.A-10 vs Mustang guns only,How much damage will the P-51 6-.50 Cals do against the Hardened A-10?

Will the A-10 Be able to maneuver with the P-51 enough to squeeze of few GAU-8 30mm rounds?

It will be interesting.

Armor of the a-10 is designed to stop up to 23mm fraid to say the 51 could shoot at it all day and unless it got lucky about all its going to do is provided entertainment to the pilot