The new EXPLOSIONS

• 3 weeks later...
None of you are "responsible" for this - WW2 videos of P-51 rocket attacks were - get off your high horse.

Nate

LOL!!!!:lol:

I like Em.....Nice Job, irregardless of the many perfectionisto's opinions

Some screenshots here:

http://www.sdsquad.com/index.php?topic=2495.0

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Still need bigger for 1000 pounders and up. Looks better tho

WOOOOoooooo

------------------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz Black edition

8GB DDR3 1333

GeForce GTX580

Windows 7 64bit

------------------------------------------------------

Not quite an explosion, but I was wondering - have buildings always been able to catch on fire, or is this new to DCS World?

Was just flying the Su-25t attack quick mission, and accidentally (really!) hit a building with some rockets while going after a line of bradlys... one side of it burned with a pretty large fire effect that I'm not sure I've seen before, lots of smoke too, then on my second or third pass the building was a burnt out shell.

Looked cool, I'm wondering is that a new effect to "World", or just something I've never noticed before?

stadium-begone.jpg

About a year ago I burned a stadium to the ground with a Mav in DCS A-10. So I would say that it is not new.;)

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

thast a bug in its self that video , tanks gets hit then moves?

Why would it be unable to move prior to cooking off?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Why would it be unable to move prior to cooking off?

Oh I dunno, the fact that it's just been hit by a weapon with enough explosive and/or kinetic energy to cause the fuel & munitions it contains to cook off in the first place.

Of course that said, as the sim is working as intended in this situation it's not a bug, but rather a new feature that would have to be requested/implemented. There are many, many things that could be improved as far as the weapon/damage modelling go, and I'm sure they will all come along in time.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Oh I dunno, the fact that it's just been hit by a weapon with enough explosive and/or kinetic energy to cause the fuel & munitions it contains to cook off in the first place.

At minimum, I should think that anyone inside would not be in any condition to operate the vehicle for a moment or ten.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Interesting concepts. There's a lot of cool conditional/random features that could be built into damage modeling. Like Eddie said, I'm sure that's something ED can and will address with time. I think the things on the horizon are going to really start to challenge even the biggest cynics to come up with new expectations!

i say a direct hit the tracks wont operate, needs more work damage modelling imo

Reason I asked is that I/others need a persuasive argument to forward to the Devs when submitting a bug report. I know little of the mechanics involved insofar as the Abrams is concerned and what makes it move etc etc. Take the tracks example you mentioned: Would a Vikhr impact on the turret effect the tracks?

Then again, a hit amounting to a catastrophic kill could be argument enough, unless one argues that the impact caused the accellerator to jam forward, again assuming that the tank drives similar to a car - you see, all my assumptions are my downfall insofar as a persuasive bug report is concerned :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Reason I asked is that I/others need a persuasive argument to forward to the Devs when submitting a bug report. I know little of the mechanics involved insofar as the Abrams is concerned and what makes it move etc etc. Take the tracks example you mentioned: Would a Vikhr impact on the turret effect the tracks?

Then again, a hit amounting to a catastrophic kill could be argument enough, unless one argues that the impact caused the accellerator to jam forward, again assuming that the tank drives similar to a car - you see, all my assumptions are my downfall insofar as a persuasive bug report is concerned :)

if anything crew inside would be rendered useless. weapon penetrates the armor,

heat and shrapnel alone is enough to wipe out all tank systems inside and crew.

Edited by diveplane

The behaviour you are seeing is the first iteration of the tank scatter when attacked feature (From the original Warthog).

Currently a vehicle is not considered dead by the sim until it "pops". Until then, it follows the scatter logic.

IIRC the ground AI when attacked feature will be addressed again in the future.

Nate

Don't know if this was posted before, but these "BlastFX" Mod is a very good simulation of explosions. Now add the longer smoketrails and a little more drift from wind and I think they will be close to perfect.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 weeks later...
I liked the previous ones better, now it's more Hollywood.

You got to be kidding me, I remember when I first saw an explosion in the Skhval in BS2 after installing the beta. It actually induced some vulgar words escaping my mouth.

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

For reference: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9d6_1339279880

This BMP gets hit by an RPG and then the ATGMs on the ammo rack ignite. Can you imagine something like this in DCS? *Drool*

Just an interesting reference for what it looks like when a small, shaped-charge warhead impacts a vehicle. Also a good reference for secondaries.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII