• AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

DCS AH-64D Apache

One of the revolutionary features at the introduction of the Apache was its helmet mounted display, the Integrated Helmet and Display Sighting System (IHADSS); among other abilities the pilot or gunner can slave the helicopter's 30 mm automatic M230 Chain Gun to his helmet, making the gun track head movements to point at where he looks. The M230E1 can be alternatively fixed to a locked forward firing position, or controlled via the Target Acquisition and Designation System (TADS).The AH-64's standard of performance for aerial gunnery is to achieve at least 1 hit for every 30 shots fired at a wheeled vehicle at a range of 800–1,200 m (870–1,300 yd).

If these systems can be modeled correctly with high defined clear picture detail it would be fun to have the helo firing hell fire missiles.

AH-64D+Apache+Longbow+Block+III+enhancements.jpg

It has a nice pit...............

ApacheCockpit_th006.jpga02439ad-0fc8-4898-b4d5-7a73f21c4b33Large.jpg

Cheers,

:beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Apache Longbow!

Apache Longbow!

Apache Longbow!

Apache Longbow!

Apart from the rather ancient games Apache Longbow 2, Apache AH-64 Air Assault, Enemy Engaged Apache vs Havoc (and Commanche vs Hokum with community mods/support) and Janes Apache Longbow 2 (if you can get it working) there is no decent game that could be called a "simulation" with an Apache AH-64 (I don't count FSX because it's not a combat-sim).

I'd settle for a Hind or AH-1 Cobra (Vietnam era would be good, so not a Whiskey or Zulu, probably best as an Foxtrot or Golf) though.

I'd also settle for a Jolly Green (Sikorsky S-61 (known in the USAF as a HH-3E)) or Super Jolly Green (M/HH-53 (Sea Stallion/Pavelow (and some other designations, including CH-53))) with a dynamic CSAR career/campaign set in 'Nam.

Edited by Raven_Morpheus

I'd settle for a Hind or AH-1 Cobra (Vietnam era would be good, so not a Whiskey or Zulu, probably best as an Foxtrot or Golf) though.

Belsimtek, a third party developer currently working on the UH-1H and the Mi-8MTV-2, has announced plans to develop modules for the F-86 and the AH-1G, so at least your wish in that regard should come true.

I think I voted for an H-60 somewhere about 30 pages ago...but, again, H-60. In fact, any flavor of H-60, as long as it doesn't have the old SH-60B tail wheel, and has a conventional Hawk tailwheel. The cockpit/systems would probably be the deciding factor on which model could be developed.

It would probably be hard to do an MH-60 DAP, as the material required to do the cockpit and systems would be pretty hard to come by. A UH would be easy, but I'm sure people might get bored with the only options being assault and MEDEVAC.

An M model might be hard to do as well, as the glass cockpit setup might be hard to get right in the sim, but would be pretty cool if it could be pulled off.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

All the people who want Longbows so they can kill a zillion targets from max range and fly home heroes. Pffft.

Now I don't suppose a weaponised R22 is out of the question?

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

DCS AH-64D Apache - Riding the Dragon

Well what you guys have to consider is the whole experience from the PC point of view. I think the AH-64D offer quite allot of fun for a DCS Combat Sim game.

What that means is to take into account the systems that a DCS AH-64D Apache can offer and how that will translate with say your Tracker IR, VOIP and soon DCS EDGE Terrain environment.

Weapon Systems

Armament

Avionics

See also

Aviation portal

There are many helos that would be kool but how well do they translate in the PC Sim I would still go for a DCS AH-64D Apache and it seems I'm not the only one.

It looks good to especially on a carrier...... :smilewink: :thumbup:

U.S._Army_AH-64_prepares_to_launch_from_USS_Nassau_Feb_2005.jpg

I really hope it will be developed for a DCS Series of Air Craft.

Not to long ago I was watching this video Documentary I hope you guys like it..........

Cheers,

:beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I feel very confident when I say that as long as the AH-64D documentation is restricted from the public domain, there will not be a DCS-level AH-64D.

The AH-64A would be more likely, in my opinion. It's also what I voted for...how convenient. :P

:megalol: ............ Well that thats the thing this entire link being .... "DCS Wishlist" is a phenomenon I like to call "DREAM ESCAPISM"!

Just aint going to happen!

Its been sitting in this Forum long enough to grow ........... http://year6.westgateblog.net/files/2012/09/mouldy-bread-e1346667647772.jp

:doh:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg