DCS: F/A-18E Super Hornet

jmod

Believe me (or not), DCS: F/A-18E Super Hornet is coming by 3rd party developer CoreTex Designs! :music_whistling:

First thing every 3rd party developer should know is:

DCS is dedicated to hardcore simmers, and hardcore simmers don't like to see anything but high-fidelity, or maybe super high-fidelity aircraft, environment, etc. biggrin.gif

They don't even like to have modes like Game Mode, it just really bothers them (arcade is prohibited)! smile.gif

Edited by jmod

Let's fly together for the sake of peace :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, sure would be nice. Been a long time since playing Jane's F/A-18 to have this plane come around the block again.

But to be honest, it's sort of overload the last month or so on how many addons are coming to DCS. Certainly a good thing in my opinion, this sim is starting to become a sort of one stop shop for simulating all things military lol. :D

Same...until I see an official section on the 3rd parties section of the forums I don't believe anything!

Even with that, I remain skeptical about an actual product.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

wow exciting yet it is intriguing, i guess we should wait for Wags to announce it, i was truly hoping for ED to do the hornet with their AFM, i guess we can now speculate that the F-16 is the next ED Jet...

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Believe me (or not), DCS: F/A-18E Super Hornet is coming by 3rd party developer CoreTex Designs! :music_whistling:

First thing every 3rd party developer should know is:

Did you leave that message on their FB page? ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

they don't seem to have any website. Somebody knows them ?

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Well the F16 is also done by somebody here but not sure if it was a contracted 3rd party dev.

I go for "trap" as well :) ..nice try though

If so... then I like the game that ED is playing with us.

Its like a good movie story that plays with you and makes you all exited until it reveals finally.

And I really really hope they're still doing the F18 no matter which model.

I mean all candidates of polls about that multi role are kind of covered now/soon.

So that doesn't mean that they do it too..maybe different model and more important with the AFM.

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

:huh:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS80-hiYVl0f1dX2VivikS4sG6ail2cGN36C2Vs57rmhzI2QG7ipQ

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fake for me, until there is a real announcement. It was said the F/A-18 SUPER HORNET versions couldn't be integrated in DCS at all (because they are made by BOEING), but only the HORNET versions. So yea, fake unless ED announces it.

­­­­­­

Fake for me, until there is a real announcement. It was said the F/A-18 SUPER HORNET versions couldn't be integrated in DCS at all (because they are made by BOEING), but only the HORNET versions. So yea, fake unless ED announces it.

Interesting - is there copyright issues or something with Boeing?

Nate

All this speculation on F-15E, F-18E/F is great, and I hope they all come true. The only thing lacking here is that up to now, there is no proof that DCS has got air-to-ground radar stuff worked out. In all of the titles published so far, there's been no airframe with A-G-radar functionality, and I think it is safe to say that A-G-radar stuff is not one of the simplest things to produce.

HARM-implementation (or the Russian equivalent of it) has been done in SU-25T, but I don't know how they will go about it for the American airframes.

Is A-G-radar and HARM something that ED will provide for the 3rd party developers or do they have to figure that out themselves ?

B

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

its the E model for crying out loud.... it cant be done to the detail we all expect, or can it??

i still will stick to "something smells fishy"

edit

**sniped by secret**

Edited by july865

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]