DCS: Tornado possible?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.moodurian.com/tornado

My tribute site to Digital Integration's venerable Tornado DOS game of the year 1993. I remember playing this at night with the lights turned off. Played so much until during a head of departments meeting I found myself looking at the conference table and imagining a Tornado do a Low-level attack run. LOL. If you have any memories of playing this DOS game that is without rival even until now, then I would like to invite you to sign my humble Guestbook. I lost the earlier one when my Guestbook host closed down years ago. Cheers!

It was groundbreaking. The mission editor was a work of art. If the ME could be coupled with modern DCS graphics it would be incredible.

And of course a dcs standard flight model and avionics etc.....

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

www.moodurian.com/tornado

My tribute site to Digital Integration's venerable Tornado DOS game of the year 1993. I remember playing this at night with the lights turned off. Played so much until during a head of departments meeting I found myself looking at the conference table and imagining a Tornado do a Low-level attack run. LOL. If you have any memories of playing this DOS game that is without rival even until now, then I would like to invite you to sign my humble Guestbook. I lost the earlier one when my Guestbook host closed down years ago. Cheers!

DOS? Pah! - I have the Amiga version on the desk next to me!

That wasn't even my first - Tornado for Spectrum 48K :smilewink:

Sure I've still got that knocking about here, too...

A real sim for real men.... :pilotfly: well, at least that's what we said back then :cry:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

My vote would be for GR1 Tornado. Fantastic strike aircraft of the 70's/80's era which would mix up well with Mig29,Su27,F15,F14,A10 and Mig21.

Real cold war warriors.

Can evisage red flag missions to go in at very low level to take out airfields deep behind enemy lines and evade fighters.

Bring it on VEAO!:thumbup:

would the lot of you pay something like an extra 10-15£ for different Early and Late models in the same pack (DCS level)

Personally, no. I would be willing to pay the standard price for the Tornado (€39.99-€59.99) if it's well made, but i would expect for that to buy the full module, whether it includes 1 model or multiple variants. Just like one price buys the L-39C/L-39ZA or the C101-EB/C-101CC.

Edited by Vectury

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

I would happily pay additional 10-15 $ or so for a module with multiple variants covering a few eras and / or tasks, for any airframe.

This would add so much to mission making possibilities from both historical accuracy and what if perspectives.

Although in some aircraft differences may be so severe, this may not be too plausible for development studio for a minimal additional price, and I believe Tornado would be among those, unfortunately.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Aka not that much more but not but not base price eg:

32.99 to 35.99. Which is a lot more legit but just saying, we'd rather pay more something of higher quality. Because that's what it's all about it seems

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If the MWS didn't see it. it never happened"

I don't know the Tornado versions very well, I seem to remember that the UK got an IDS variant different from the one Germany and Italy had. So it would makes sense to me to have these two variants modeled (would get them both anyway). The ECR instead would be less interesting but nonetheless I'd get it day one if it was the only Tornado to be modeled..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

In line with our other modules we would concentrate on UK variants of the Tonka. We wouldn't be looking to make regional variants for the differences for Germany and Italy.

For the Tornado it is highly unlikely that we would do both the F3 and the GR1. The differences are too great for me to be able to justify doing both in line with current pricing as a 2 aircraft in one package deal.

So as/when we get around to the Tonka it will be one variant at comparative pricing to other modules.

But this is something that we will look at more keenly after Tiffie

Pman

Maybe its just me, but I would have put out a less complicates aircraft before you guys put out the tiffie? We dont expect to see the typhoon in 2016, maybe something less classified with more material would have been an avenue that could have been explored first?

Is there early and late versions of both or are they literally that?

There are a few subversions, mainly to do with software/radar packages. Also most of the GR1's were upgraded to the GR4 as well.

F3 same as above. It just received its updates as it went through its life.

We wouldn't look at the GR4 as it has considerable challenges and would require prolonged negotiations with the military, something that having done it for the Tiffie we wouldnt look to do again anytime soon.

Pman

Maybe its just me, but I would have put out a less complicates aircraft before you guys put out the tiffie? We dont expect to see the typhoon in 2016, maybe something less classified with more material would have been an avenue that could have been explored first?

What do you think Hawk is/was ;)

Pman

• 4 months later...
Yeah, the one that's been out a year almost and still has amazing amounts of flaws

Seriously? You really had ro revive this thread for such a useless off-topic comment?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...