DCS: Black Shark 2, Version 1.2.0 Available

Wags

• ED Team

DCS: Black Shark 2, Version 1.2.0 Available

This version of Black Shark 2 includes the following changes:

• Crash when switching between helicopters is fixed.
  • Right engine cut-off lever is now mouse clickable.
  • Pilot textures were missing. Fixed
  • Key command for rotor lights was duplicated with Leave/Enter aircraft. Fixed.
  • English voice phrase for "Target Destroyed" from wingman was not played. Fixed.

DCS World 1.2.0 must be installed prior to installing new DCS: Black Shark 2 version: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=21&end_pos=137&lang=en

Purchase DCS: Black Shark 2 from: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products&lang=en

Installation

• Uninstall all previous DCS products prior to versions 1.2.0

Note: Do NOT deactivate your products!

• To be safe, delete \Saved Games\DCS files
  • Install DCS World 1.2.0
  • Install each new DCS module (1.2.0 or latest Beta version)

Note: A new activation will not be required unless this is the first time you have installed the product.

Please note that MP requires you to have all products S/N activated using the same DCS (webshop) account.

--------------------------------

Instructions

BS1 to BS2 upgrade license owners, please use

Install this first: DCS World 1.2.0 (common for all DCS products)

Next get: DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade 1.2.0 (English download version)

File: KA-50_bsupd_1.2.0.63205.exe

FULL BS2 license owners, please use

Install this first: DCS World 1.2.0 (common for all DCS products)

Next get: DCS: Black Shark 2 1.2.0 (English download version)

File: KA-50_1.2.0.63205.exe

Edited by Wags
Added FULL vs Upgrade info to avoid confusion

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news.

All my favourite modules all together in the new DCS World.

Keep going with this awesome work. Waiting for Gold version.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

some of you guys seeding have malware better get a program to delete those, my malewarebytes keeps blocking malicious ip's that are seeding.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I am completely confused! Can I update BS2( mine is the update from BS1) to the patch 1.02 (my current version is 1.1.1.1) without installing "World"?

Will my stand alone version then be updated, or do I then have to use BS2 via the World program?

Help please. Life seemed so straight forward in the old days!

One question: when i start dcs world, it shows 1.1.2.1 -> does this mean i should download dsc world 1.2.0 (via the link).

I know, version management is not a talent of mine... Mostly because i don't keep track of them :-p

My Rig:

ASUS P8P67 - Intel I7 2600K 3.4 Ghz (not yet OC'ed) - GeForce GTX 560 - 8GB Ram - SSD 120 GB - HDD 2 X 500 GB - TIR 5 - Saitek X52 pro

I am completely confused! Can I update BS2( mine is the update from BS1) to the patch 1.02 (my current version is 1.1.1.1) without installing "World"?

Will my stand alone version then be updated, or do I then have to use BS2 via the World program?

Help please. Life seemed so straight forward in the old days!

No 1.02 - I hope you mean 1.2.0

Then wou will need:

- The new DCS World 1.2.0

- The new BS2 1.2.0

DCS World contains sceneries and other objects.

BS2 contains just the KA-50, no "world".

So you need both.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

If I install World and the update 1.2.0 will my stand alone BS2 be updated also?

No, the one has nothing to do with the other: Two completely separate, independent installs.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

You need to have a BS1 activated. I would assume this means it must be installed and available - but I can't say for sure.

The BS1 activation remains on your PC, so you could try without install BS1.

If it doesn't work, just install BS1 - make sure it works (MP or start a flight).

Then you can activate BS2.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

You need to have a BS1 activated. I would assume this means it must be installed and available - but I can't say for sure.

The BS1 activation remains on your PC, so you could try without install BS1.

If it doesn't work, just install BS1 - make sure it works (MP or start a flight).

Then you can activate BS2.

You have to have both the installed BS1 in place AND the activation in the registry. I had to put my BS1 folder back (I'd moved it to a backup location as I wasn't planning on re-using it) before BS2 World (upgrade) 1.2.0 would install - otherwise it complained.

Wasn't a problem - just pushed it back and got on with my life ;)

Martin...

• Like 1

Doesnt work for me...

When i open dcs world, the $-symbol above the ka50 sign has vanished... But all my settings, every original mission and campaign is gone too... I have the bs2-update version... The same problem occurs when i try to start p51...

First i installed the dcs-wOrld update... Afterwards i installed the the two module updates... I have to admit that first installed the fullversion update of Ka50 because of a nonsufficent instruction.... But it doesnt seem to make a difference because with both modules it is the same...

What im i gonna do now?

Is there some kind of rollback, so i can try another time?

Please help

When i open dcs world, the $-symbol above the ka50 sign has vanished... But all my settings, every original mission and campaign is gone too... I have the bs2-update version... The same problem occurs when i try to start p51...

First i installed the dcs-wOrld update... Afterwards i installed the the two module updates... I have to admit that first installed the fullversion update of Ka50 because of a nonsufficent instruction.... But it doesnt seem to make a difference because with both modules it is the same...

What im i gonna do now?

Is there some kind of rollback, so i can try another time?

Please help

All of your old controls and missions are in your SavedGames folder in a Ka50 folder - so unless you cleaned it out by hand - they'll still be there. :)

DO NOT just copy the controls over to the new DCS World/BS2 folder though - as you will probably break the newer style config files located there.

Missions should be fine for the most part. :)

(Edit: The SavedGames folder is in your user profile - not in the install folder for the games.)

Martin...

Edited by Executioner
Location of savedgames (and can't spell User

All of your old controls and missions are in your SavedGames folder in a Ka50 folder - so unless you cleaned it out by hand - they'll still be there. :)

DO NOT just copy the controls over to the new DCS World/BS2 folder though - as you will probably break the newer style config files located there.

Missions should be fine for the most part. :)

(Edit: The SavedGames folder is in your user profile - not in the install folder for the games.)

Martin...

thx for ur answer...

Relating to the settings i would say that youre right... but relating the original missions and campaign i cant believe that after an update a user would have to put everything in the right place by hand... i dont mean personalls created mission - im talking about the missions the game contained from its very beginning... something went wrong here... i dont thing, that i would be the only one who would complain about that if this was the normal case...

thx for ur answer...

Relating to the settings i would say that youre right... but relating the original missions and campaign i cant believe that after an update a user would have to put everything in the right place by hand... i dont mean personalls created mission - im talking about the missions the game contained from its very beginning... something went wrong here... i dont thing, that i would be the only one who would complain about that if this was the normal case...

I assumed you meant personal missions - installed missions live inside the installed program location for DCS World : DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\ for instance. :)

(Edit: If you don't find them there then you are correct - something has gone wrong with your install.)

Martin...

Edited by Executioner
Extra sentence

I assumed you meant personal missions - installed missions live inside the installed program location for DCS World : DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\ for instance. :)

(Edit: If you don't find them there then you are correct - something has gone wrong with your install.)

Martin...

ohh ohh... thx for this hint... i actually find under the mentioned path every misson and campaign... but why do they not show up ingame???

When i try to install, i get the message 'black shark 1 must be installed'.

Could someone please tell me in what sequence i have to install my software. I'm licensed for A10 and KA50 upgrade.

Please direct me to the links to download the software.

I will then download everything again, uninstall my software and start with a clean sheet.

Thanks in advance.

My Rig:

ASUS P8P67 - Intel I7 2600K 3.4 Ghz (not yet OC'ed) - GeForce GTX 560 - 8GB Ram - SSD 120 GB - HDD 2 X 500 GB - TIR 5 - Saitek X52 pro