DCS: Black Shark 2, Version 1.2.0 Available

Wags

Hey ED Team,

I love your products and - so far - own every one of them, but being a Black Shark 2 upgrade licence owner feels a bit like being a second class citizen. You know what I mean, it's the tedious process of installing and activating BS1 again every time I want to install BS2. It is very unfortunate that this hasn't changed since the transition into DCS: World, especially because it could have been such a nice single installation system now.

It would be great if you could look into this issue and maybe find a solution with your DRM provider that allows upgrading of old BS1 keys to proper hassle-free BS2 keys. Thanks in advance!

xfxian

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay Nate, maybe ED could setup where someone could type in both the BS1 serial key and the BS2 upgrade serial key in the same box to activate the upgrade?

I own the full monty for BS2, doesn't pertain to me, just wanted to throw and idea out there to hopefully help aleviate this issue.

• Like 1

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

maybe ED could setup where someone could type in both the BS1 serial key and the BS2 upgrade serial key in the same box to activate the upgrade?

This. It's going to get silly having to keep BS1 installed just to upgrade to a new patch.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Re-installing World and the BS2-Upgrade modules has not produced any change. Reinstalled, World, A-10, and BS-Upgrade modules, and the only available aircraft are the A-10 and SU-25.

Also, I would like to add my voice to the claim that the hoops through which those of us who upgraded from BS1 to BS2 must jump through to get the BS module for World are ridiculous. There has got to be some viable method by which we may simply be provided a license code that will just work, without all the extra fuss. Sure this would be easier for ED as well, since they wouldn't have to support two different implementations of the same software?

Re-installing World and the BS2-Upgrade modules has not produced any change. Reinstalled, World, A-10, and BS-Upgrade modules, and the only available aircraft are the A-10 and SU-25.

Ok I'm officially baffled - I'll have to leave it for somebody more knowledgeable than me to help.

Nate

..... I would like to add my voice to the claim that the hoops through which those of us who upgraded from BS1 to BS2 must jump through to get the BS module for World are ridiculous. There has got to be some viable method by which we may simply be provided a license code that will just work, without all the extra fuss. Sure this would be easier for ED as well, since they wouldn't have to support two different implementations of the same software?

+1

Still, that little issue aside...... absolutely loving my all in one GUI.... so very cathartic, my first ever totally clean install on a brand new HD.... now, to try to remember how I had my HOTAS mapped!!??!??!?? not to mention how in blazes HELIOS used to work... back to trawling forums!!!

Edited by Robski

Installed BS1 to try and install this BS2 upgrade, BS1 won't start due to not being able to load ./blackshark/blackshark.lua (which is there)

Will try to install again tomorrow, what a chew on. :(

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

I already have 1.1.2.1 installed, what do I need to do to fly my BS2 upgrade version in DCS World? I don't get it, it's all so confusing:P

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I'm trying to install BS version 1.2.0 and running into a similar thing, setup says "black shark 1 must be installed and activated".

My launcher for the original black shark gives an error "cannot open .\BlackShark.lua: No such file or directory", but I do have a BlackShark.lua in the folder.

When I run the 'protect.exe' in the original black shark, it tells me that the game is already activated.

I have Warthog and Mustang 1.2.0 running in DCS World with no problems so far.

-- actually, wait. I found my original black shark game download on a backup harddrive, installed it right on top of my existing 'ka-50' folder and then was able to run BS version 1.2.0 and it went into DCS World just fine.

Weird but at least it worked... it's nice having them all in the "World".

Ok I'm officially baffled - I'll have to leave it for somebody more knowledgeable than me to help.

Nate

would the fact that my BS1 is from Steam have anything to do with it?

It also never asked me for a CD key for the BS2 module, even after reinstall.

The three red lights inside cockpit for wheels up are barely visible. I can´t tell if they are light up or not without zoom in a lot.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Got 1.2 running and now I wonder if DCS World needs BS1.0 installed to run or can I delete it?

Btw, did they do something to the pit because I swear it looks different.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

If you've had BS1 installed before. Install it again, don't worry about the activation and run BS2 world installer and it works. No need to start BS1. And I guess you can run protect.exe and activate and then install world.

I had the same issues yesterday and it worked.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Got DCW World, BS2 module, and A-10C module downloaded and installed fine. Love the music btw.

Everything appears to run fine. Still have to really get into these sims as I move forward.

One thing I have noticed - when in a mission, and I hit the escape key to bring up the menu where I can click on " quit" , nothing seems to happen when putting the cursor over it and clicking on it. I have to minimize the screen and then maximize again, by hitting alt-tab, then I can successfully click on " quit" and exit the mission...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

One thing I have noticed - when in a mission, and I hit the escape key to bring up the menu where I can click on " quit" , nothing seems to happen when putting the cursor over it and clicking on it. I have to minimize the screen and then maximize again, by hitting alt-tab, then I can successfully click on " quit" and exit the mission...

Aye - known bug.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Aye - known bug.

Thanks, glad to know it is not just me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|