Battlefield 4

jmod

I just got bf3 for my xbox last Thursday. To me its a fun game and I already have to many hours into it. I have a kd of .87 (I know its not good at all) but thats because I spent most of my time going 1 in 7 trying to learn how to fly jets especially when there's a jet ace that has like 2000 kills in a jet. (It was 1.38 before I started trying to fly) The thing about it bf3 players argue that it is more realistic than COD, which it is, but bf3 is not that realistic either. To me they have a couple of minor things to fix in bf4 and yea the fact that they announced it already tells me that the series may get stale fast like COD. They need to fix when u go to high in a jet you just get stuck there that is so annoying. People say the engine stalls if the engine stalled it would fall back down not just get stuck.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played a match of BF3 the other day and I love how all the little kiddies screaming down their mics thought they were real pilots.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

• 8 months later...
the special effects beat hollywood's movies on so many levels. And from who? A bunch of unknowns. This is creativity.

Special effects are a lot easier when there are no real people or objects involved! :doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

3z4jxkkrrKM

Really? Their tagline is "Prepare 4 Battle"? That's what they're going with?

No one should ever give money to those who would so readily stoop to txtspk in their advertising.

Edited by Splat

MSI P67A-GD55 | Intel i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz | MSI Twin Frozr GTX 760 OC 4GB GDDR5 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz | Corsair TX750 PSU | Corsair Force GT 90GB SSD | WD Black 640GB + 1TB HDDs | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

DCS A-10C Warthog | DCS Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst | DCS Fw 190 D-9 Dora | DCS Ka-50 Black Shark 2 | DCS P-51D Mustang | Flaming Cliffs 3

Really? Their tagline is "Prepare 4 Batttle"? That's what they're going with?

Hey, it does not matter what they go with. Fact is, they're gonna make an absolute killing at the sales-office, guaranteed.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hey, it does not matter what they go with. Fact is, they're gonna make an absolute killing at the sales-office, guaranteed.

Of course they are. Doesn't mean I can't judge their marketing department. :D

MSI P67A-GD55 | Intel i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz | MSI Twin Frozr GTX 760 OC 4GB GDDR5 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz | Corsair TX750 PSU | Corsair Force GT 90GB SSD | WD Black 640GB + 1TB HDDs | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

DCS A-10C Warthog | DCS Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst | DCS Fw 190 D-9 Dora | DCS Ka-50 Black Shark 2 | DCS P-51D Mustang | Flaming Cliffs 3

Like DCS World, Battlefield is going to:

-

-

-

Except it's free! ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Loved BF2.... despite it's super comic-like vehicle modeling... once you learned the paradigm it was a fun sandbox.

Since then.. borked. They've sold their souls to the console and have lowered the air vehicle modeling to near-rails with nice looking models. I imagine their version of "sea" will be the same.

EA is into the rinse / wash / repeat mode for this series and has killed it for me... which is why I love DCS... which is realistic. I suppose each has it's place and based on sales EA is killing it, but... they just go for more and more visual stimulation and violence versus RL modeling. They are making (IMO) movies you can play that have RL looking technology but which has almost no connection to the reality of that technology and its use.

DCS is so much more rewarding. Sure... if you want to get off work, drop in ... virtually shoot up a bunch of screaming / swearing 12 year olds, console gameplay is great. But I am soooo thankful for DCS for bringing back SIMULATION where I get to learn the real systems, learn how to actually fight with an F-15C or Su-27, etc ... the richness of the experience is so much better. DCS is a platform whereas BF is a "blockbuster"... a one-off ... it's Madden 08, 09, 10, 11, blah blah blah... new shiny cover... some ads... new skins... for the drones of lemmings out there IMO.

Too bad we can't integrate the air from DCS into the FPS / ground of BF. THEN... we'd have something perhaps. Oh... and Supreme Commander for Combined Arms battlefield commanding.

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

Loved BF2.... despite it's super comic-like vehicle modeling... once you learned the paradigm it was a fun sandbox.

Since then.. borked. They've sold their souls to the console and have lowered the air vehicle modeling to near-rails with nice looking models. I imagine their version of "sea" will be the same.

EA is into the rinse / wash / repeat mode for this series and has killed it for me... which is why I love DCS... which is realistic. I suppose each has it's place and based on sales EA is killing it, but... they just go for more and more visual stimulation and violence versus RL modeling. They are making (IMO) movies you can play that have RL looking technology but which has almost no connection to the reality of that technology and its use.

DCS is so much more rewarding. Sure... if you want to get off work, drop in ... virtually shoot up a bunch of screaming / swearing 12 year olds, console gameplay is great. But I am soooo thankful for DCS for bringing back SIMULATION where I get to learn the real systems, learn how to actually fight with an F-15C or Su-27, etc ... the richness of the experience is so much better. DCS is a platform whereas BF is a "blockbuster"... a one-off ... it's Madden 08, 09, 10, 11, blah blah blah... new shiny cover... some ads... new skins... for the drones of lemmings out there IMO.

Too bad we can't integrate the air from DCS into the FPS / ground of BF. THEN... we'd have something perhaps. Oh... and Supreme Commander for Combined Arms battlefield commanding.

When BF2 first came out it was a great challenging venue...what really killed BF2 is EA listening to those 12 year olds mention on how they could not kill anyone so EA broaden the hit zone...once that occurred that's when the " Hackers " took over..the " Hackers " are the ones who killed BF2...other than that it was a great competition game for 5 vs 5 teams...my old team " [TEC]Squad " was ranked 15th out of a 150 teams...at one time..then the hackers ruled the competitions...then all the really " Pro " teams left....I just purchased BF3 and MOHW the other day having bit of a blast..with it..reminds me of the old days...of FPS...:music_whistling:

Best not to take it too seriously...just have fun..:thumbup:

Also looking forward to the BF4 edition..

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

I'm not sure if that helicopter is trying to shoot them or land on top of them. In real life, they would just fire a missile from a mile away and be done with it. Maybe some people think these "boss fights" are fun, but you really have to disregard reality and not try to make any sense out of it. It makes a game with a serious theme comical in nature, which is immersion breaking.

This really doesn't remind me of the original Battlefield series at all, but maybe it is worth buying just for the story. It seems they are becoming increasingly single player oriented since it is easier to make a completely new story than make a reason to buy the same multiplayer. Maybe at some point they will make a freeroam Battlefield RPG instead of another rail shooter. That I would buy.

On another note, the graphics are stunning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes it is pretty but... lol.

@3:30.... how many American Flags do the soldiers need on their gear?

@7:14.... Michael Bay Helicopter Flyby!

Annnnnd the next 10 minutes could have been avoided had they just secured the area and gotten evacd right then and there.

Anyways, the MP component is what will ultimately be the reason for purchasing a Battlefield game for me. Unless its Bad Company, then yeah, I slight care about the SP. Although it looks like the friendslist/achievements crap from Sim City is going to be part of the SP experience always visible in the top right corner and that is somewhat discouraging.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Looks like loads of fun. Still a hell of a long way to go though.

Although it looks like the friendslist/achievements crap from Sim City is going to be part of the SP experience always visible in the top right corner and that is somewhat discouraging.

Didn't even notice it until I read this post. It's a relatively unobtrusive HUD anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

No BF4 until I see a fix for the infamous BF3 sound freezing problem.

Most on Battlelog site for the BF series are all suggesting not to pre-order until all other issue's are fixed...I sort of agreee love the Medol of Honour Warfighter series..and the Team Death Matches..loads of fun...:thumbup:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

• ED Team

Annnnnd the next 10 minutes could have been avoided had they just secured the area and gotten evacd right then and there.

Anyways, the MP component is what will ultimately be the reason for purchasing a Battlefield game for me. Unless its Bad Company, then yeah, I slight care about the SP. Although it looks like the friendslist/achievements crap from Sim City is going to be part of the SP experience always visible in the top right corner and that is somewhat discouraging.

I was really hoping for a continuation of the Bad Company story line myself... doesnt look like it will be at this point... but hard to say...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I have 2 complaints about the Battlefield franchise. My biggest complaint is the "Run Around grabasticlly shooting at people with no regard for reality because I'll just respawn" mentality. Americas Army is a better game in that respect because if you got shot.. you were DEAD and had to wait until the next map before you could play again. People play a whole lot more carefully when screwing up means spectating. And there is a whole lot more teamwork/team tactics.

My second complaint is the whole XP / Premium Player business model. "Pay us 20.00 and you can build XP and upgrade your weapons faster" pretty much render skill a moot point. "Hey I don't want to play the game... I just wanna do head shots because I'm trying to unlock my next gun...ONLY CAP FLAGS... we get more points that way... "

Bahhhhhhh BULL-SHEET!

Prolly wont be buying anything from Origin as long as that business model is in place.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• ED Team
I have 2 complaints about the Battlefield franchise. My biggest complaint is the "Run Around grabasticlly shooting at people with no regard for reality because I'll just respawn" mentality. Americas Army is a better game in that respect because if you got shot.. you were DEAD and had to wait until the next map before you could play again. People play a whole lot more carefully when screwing up means spectating. And there is a whole lot more teamwork/team tactics.

My second complaint is the whole XP / Premium Player business model. "Pay us 20.00 and you can build XP and upgrade your weapons faster" pretty much render skill a moot point. "Hey I don't want to play the game... I just wanna do head shots because I'm trying to unlock my next gun...ONLY CAP FLAGS... we get more points that way... "

Bahhhhhhh BULL-SHEET!

Prolly wont be buying anything from Origin as long as that business model is in place.

Sierra

It is a FPS, thats where they have gone...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

To me this looks cool. Reminds me of good old CoD 4 before the series went to the gutter. Than again I never much liked Battlefield. I hated the first one because of the railgun-like sniper rifles and the movement and shooting mechanics of BF2 always felt odd to me, I bought it eventually when it was cheap as dirt but only to play Project Reality. BF3 was not bad if you could stand the DLC and DRM stuff and find a well balanced server (rare thing for me, if I want good pings). Eventually I got bored in it after playing an hour of the last DLC. Compared to the stuff that you can have in Arma MP, they should be ashamed of even using the word "battlefield" in the title.

BF4? I might buy it for that over the top single-player, but if multi is just BF3 with ships or some other vehicles, it's gonna be boring. They either need to go Arma or Planetside with it... Or DCS! ^^