• Mikoyan MiG-29M 'Fulcrum-E'
    • Mikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E'
    • Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

MiG-29M 'Fulcrum-E' or Su-27SM3. I would obviously like some of the "newer" planes but id much rather have and "older" one with high fidelity. I like both planes but perhaps the sukhoi would be the better option because its more versatile. however, I would certainly enjoy the challenge of the mig.

Anyway, with all the western 3rd party projects going around I really hope we get something from the russian side.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Flankers Gone ? Why Should I buy FC3 ???

WHY THEY ARE NOT MAKING ANY MODERN RUSSIAN JETS ADD-ONS !.... I love the franchise because of one thing ---> Flanker <---- I DON'T LIKE American jets ! Just give me su35-BM and it can kick @$$ off both F-15E and A10.

Flankers should be upgraded in FC3....its about time we need to see SU-35BM - that can carry smart A/G weapons and A/A. I thought they will upgrade flankers but no. I think DCS, Eagle Dynamics or Flying legends should not forget their roots (Flanker Series) and should respect audience around the world that LOVE MODERN RUSSIAN JETS !.

DCS, Eagle Dynamics should not ignore jets from around the world also or they will loss the sim market.

Again and remember why they were likable, loved and famous before because of their different approach ---> THE FLANKER <--- DOS VERSION... I know everybody has there own opinion but I found Russian Jets more sexy and agile.

:helpsmilie::doh::cry::noexpression::huh:

1208684579-00.jpg.3d195af2bb7a4ddb622bc764d678827c.jpg

• Like 6

well the old flanker is something differen the a full DCS version like the A-10C. One needs documentation, instructions and most important full disclosure or atleast enough to get things working.

but mig-21Bis is a russian plane which can "kick" A-10C and perhaps some F-15C too.

hopefully a third party developer makes a su-27 DCS version. But most sim developers are western based and the game market is a bit bigger then russian only.

Btw why no Chinees jets or Europian jets or Brazilian ...so many choices so many ideas so little time and developers =)

Here we go again. Yet another "waah I only want Russian planes wahh wahh" thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and entitled to vocalize it but seriously folks enough is enough. Can't we all be happy that someone is bothering to make these titles at all? This nitpicking and petty bickering because this plane or that plane was or wasn't chosen is pointless.

FYI: I have every piece of software ED ever developed so I can understand the nostalgia factor. I get it. I just think to grow up and move on. Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth. *sits back and waits for the flames*

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.

Not saying Chinese, European,Brazilian or the Americans all should take into account...but flankers were there from the start !. That is how Eagle Dynamics and Flying legends got famous... go back to the 90's and early 2000's JANES, Novologic, Microsoft FS but Eagle Dynamics and Flying legends came storming with their FLANKER SERIES which evolved to Lock On and so on DCS world...

...Can't we all be happy that someone is bothering to make these titles at all? ...

Errrr ... no, it's in human nature to demand more - dissatisfaction with status quo is major driving force behind evolution and main difference between Man and Ape.

Without whining there would be no progress ... ;)

SOOOOOO ... Me wants AFM MiG29 :lol:

Yes !.... I am whining because I care... ED is from MOTHER RUSSIA ! add new jets from around the world .... BUT DON'T FORGET THE SUPER AGILE MODERNIZE FLANKER NINJA ! (which is Su-35BM).

really ED is from russia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_Dynamics

SU-35 BM : http://www.sukhoi.org/eng/planes/military/Su-35/

:pilotfly::joystick::music_whistling::thumbup:

Errrr ... no, it's in human nature to demand more - Without whining there would be no progress ... ;)

No progress & no global warming, no deforestation, no poisoning of waterways, there would still be cod in the Atlantic, whales in the ocean & Moa in our forests.

The endless search for progress has made humans a cancer on the face of the earth, and we are (quite quickly now) killing our host, but yes, it does make for better flight sims, and I'm happy for that :)

• Like 1

Cheers.

....its about time we need to see SU-35BM....

And where do you think the necessary documentation needed to model such a flyable to DCS standards will be obtained?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

No one outside ED even knows with 100% certainty what the next jet will be and much less what else is lying around in drawers at various states of completion, so in conclusion you can´t know what they are NOT developing. Based on actual experience they might just come out with it tomorrow without so much as a tweet beforehand...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

No one outside ED even knows with 100% certainty what the next jet will be and much less what else is lying around in drawers at various states of completion, so in conclusion you can´t know what they are NOT developing. Based on actual experience they might just come out with it tomorrow without so much as a tweet beforehand...

Edited by Tyger

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Well, for example MiG 29 (in many variants) has been analysed and scientifically dissected to death and has been flown by many Air Forces around the globe.

We don't need cutting edge 25th generation super mega top secret jet; give us a Plain Jane MiG 29 or/and SU 27 modeled to DCS perfection (clickable AFM - sorry, nothing less will do - after A10c and KA-50 FC3 feels like a toy :)) to balance out the anounced US jet. Simple as that. BTW, I'm convinced that ED is working toward Russian modern jet in some form or another.

P.S.

I enjoy flying US jets as well and will get US fighter as soon as it is available! :thumbup:

Edited by danilop
  • Like 1

Errrr ... no, it's in human nature to demand more - dissatisfaction with status quo is major driving force behind evolution and main difference between Man and Ape.

Without whining there would be no progress ... ;)

SOOOOOO ... Me wants AFM MiG29 :lol:

*looks through original post* Hmmmm.....nope....don't see anything about the "status quo" or maintaining it. Progress would be improving what is already there. How is people complaining because this plane or that plane was or wasn't chosen an improvement? That's all these types of threads are. Does no one any good. Matter of fact, it could lead to ED saying "Fine. You guys want to continually complain about the work we put out?? How about we end support for EVERYTHING we've done and not release anything else?" Where would people be then? Back to Call of Battle: Field Duty. Don't think anyone wants that....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do the new Flanker variants have digital RWRs like the US jets? Otherwise forget it cause the 29/27/33 RWR is barbaric and useless...!

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

^ this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, for example MiG 29 (in many variants) has been analysed and scientifically dissected to death and has been flown by many Air Forces around the globe.

We don't need cutting edge 25th generation super mega top secret jet; give us a Plain Jane MiG 29 or/and SU 27 modeled to DCS perfection (clickable AFM - sorry, nothing less will do - after A10c and KA-50 FC3 feels like a toy :)) to balance out the anounced US jet. Simple as that. BTW, I'm convinced that ED is working toward Russian modern jet in some form or another.

P.S.

I enjoy flying US jets as well and will get US fighter as soon as it is available! :thumbup:

Wow. Don't I look like a fool now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do the new Flanker variants have digital RWRs like the US jets? Otherwise forget it cause the 29/332u RWR is barbaric and useless...!

If ED implement proper GCI in DCS, even such an old technology would not be huge disadvantage - There is a huge difference in doctrines regarding Russian and US planes.

Look at the MiG21bis ... still usable with a GCI

Do you think Flankers shoud be Ignored ? and not upgraded ?

YES.... they deserve the upgrade same quality as eagles.!!!

No..... I am scared of Flankers if they are upgraded.

The question is:

Do you think Flankers shoud be Ignored and not upgraded?

So answers should have YES / NO opposite:

NO (they deserve the upgrade same quality as eagles)

YES (I am scared of Flankers if they are upgraded)

:doh:

No longer active in DCS...

The question is:

Do you think Flankers shoud be Ignored and not upgraded?

So answers should have YES / NO opposite:

NO (they deserve the upgrade same quality as eagles)

YES (I am scared of Flankers if they are upgraded)

:doh:

:v:

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Look at the MiG21bis ... still usable with a GCI

Not against a First Rate air force, no.

GCI or not, it's just another TARGET DRONE for the First Team.

Next...

;-)

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.