DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit 'finished' with paying full price for modules wich aren't even half-finished. Altough some complicated pieces of software as a DCS modules probably will never be really finished. I hope the Polychop guys will release it when it is ready. Even if I have to wait for another week, month, year.

May I ask you why don't you want to wait until it's finished to buy it even if they released it before? It is puzzling me

Little update as we prepare details here and there for the release.

More of such pictures available soon

Cheers

i don't need details here there, i just need that install file! Now would you please just take my money! :joystick:

Besten Dank für die tolle Arbeit!

Mmmmmm anyone ever get the impression that this module is keenly anticipated. :). Honestly can't wait, this module, DK2 and Vegas = me being shouted at by the wife for missing tea. :D but damn it will be worth it.

Gonna be great fun.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hey,

it is not about showing you guys a finished release and not let you smell it.

We thought it might be cool for you guys to have a new desktop background available and thought about sharing one of our renders at least in black and white.

Still it is always interesting what you guys write.

Perhaps selling an extra keyboard to go, mine stopped working due to all the drool that pooled up inside it :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I wonder if the wire cutters will cut wires in NTTR?

I will just have to give it ago and find out.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I wonder if the wire cutters will cut wires in NTTR?

I will just have to give it ago and find out.

Don't forget to film it while you make the attempt.

Could end up rather amusing. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

May I ask you why don't you want to wait until it's finished to buy it even if they released it before? It is puzzling me

Yes. You can ask! Maybe I wasn't clear in my first message. I'll explain a bit more:

In the past we've been able to buy beta modules. They went for full price, but they were not finished by a long shot. Not even real progress after a year or so. So I don't mind trying out new modules and I see the value of a lot of beta-testers (wich you essentially are if you buy a beta module) but selling it for full price is ripping people off. You are not offering a full product.

I want to be able to fly the Gazelle sooner then later. And I want to pay full price for it. And I expect a 'finished' product for it. I am also very very aware that a fully detailed DCS module is simply too complicated to be fully functional, without any bugs whatsoever at release. So I don't mind waiting a bit longer for that.

I really liked the way the whole L-39 albatross release was done. Just releasing a Beta version, wich was almost fully functional, waiting a few months to iron-out all the bugs and then releasing the full product, together with the ZA version and the price went up to reflect that. So early buyers felt priveliged that they had the beta product for less money and the rest was for free!

I remember seeing a vid of the L-39 module as early as 2012 or 2013.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

Even with wirecutters it is extremely dangerous to fly through wires.

My guess: They are purely cosmetic, they will not cut the wires since the wires are not made cuttable in the engine.

Yea I'm sure they are cosmetic only. No real loss, though, as I would have never trusted the wire cutters on my Chinook to actually cut wires. They were dull and covered in many layers of paint, I had a hard time envisioning a cable, especially some of the really thick power cable, being cut before major damage occurred. I think the best case is to simply NOT hit the wires LOL

Yes. You can ask! Maybe I wasn't clear in my first message. I'll explain a bit more:

In the past we've been able to buy beta modules. They went for full price, but they were not finished by a long shot. Not even real progress after a year or so. So I don't mind trying out new modules and I see the value of a lot of beta-testers (wich you essentially are if you buy a beta module) but selling it for full price is ripping people off. You are not offering a full product.

I want to be able to fly the Gazelle sooner then later. And I want to pay full price for it. And I expect a 'finished' product for it. I am also very very aware that a fully detailed DCS module is simply too complicated to be fully functional, without any bugs whatsoever at release. So I don't mind waiting a bit longer for that.

I really liked the way the whole L-39 albatross release was done. Just releasing a Beta version, wich was almost fully functional, waiting a few months to iron-out all the bugs and then releasing the full product, together with the ZA version and the price went up to reflect that. So early buyers felt priveliged that they had the beta product for less money and the rest was for free!

Fair enough. I know that some third party abused of this beta system, but I dont think it will be done again. Look at Razbamfor example, they released the mirage very early and have been fast in fixing it and getting the remaining features implemented. Even if they asked for a full price it wasn't that bad.

I trust Polychop about this as well even if they release an early version, which I think they wont, or a beta, I wouldnt have a problem to pay full price as long as they are committed to finish it.

Third party devs are small studios and the market they target is really small. Paying full price is giving them support and even keep them alive. I am not disappointed by Razbam and I am confident I wont be with Polychop.

Perhaps I will try to cut the phone lines first :D

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Very good points, I totally understand where you come from. I'll probably continue to buy betas because I'm not very patient, but I couldn't help but be amused the other day when I loaded up DCS and noticed that most of my module icons on the bottom screen have "beta" at the end of there name. Some have had it for YEARS?! Lol

The L-39 is a good example of how release should go, I would agree.

If it makes you feel better the MiG-15Bis and F-86F are leaving beta. I think I counted around 7 beta modules the other day. That will leave 5. And I honestly thought they were of better than beta quality anyway. Same with the MiG-21Bis. It's not like removal of the beta tag means ipdates stop either.

If it makes you feel better the MiG-15Bis and F-86F are leaving beta. I think I counted around 7 beta modules the other day. That will leave 5. And I honestly thought they were of better than beta quality anyway. Same with the MiG-21Bis. It's not like removal of the beta tag means ipdates stop either.

The Mi8 and Huey are officially in beta for no reason of you ask me. I fly them frequently and they don't have more problems than the 21.

Regarding the gazelle, it was already pretty polished back in November in Wags vid. I'm sure it's at a very high quality now already

There are currently 9 modules that have alpha/beta status in DCS shop (check my sig). Also Su-27 and F-15 standalones are marked as "beta". Of course these modules are in various stages of being unfinished, some are just missing manuals and few rarely used functions, others are riddled with bugs and missing features.

I can understand the need to release something before it's finished, esp. if you are a new developer, and I can live with short beta phase like we had with L-39. I tend to give the new developers the benefit of the doubt, so I buy the module when available and see how they manage the updates. If I'm disappointed by the quality and/or progress, then I won't buy anything else from that developer in the future without thorough check.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro