DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

You think too american. :D

Walmart learned the hard way that german "customer relations" are different than what's customary in the US...

YOU may like big hype shows and announcements for marketing.

WE most often smile seeing disco music driven lightshow announcements from Cupertino that "look so casual", but are obviously planned down to each individual word, to manipulate the audience.

WE can take it as typically american, but if a german company is trying this here, or an american company is porting their customary customer relations behavior into a shop here... Well, you smile politely and watch for manipulation, hidden agendas and pricing strategies. ;)

What is pretty normal in the US isn't necessarily normal in Europe, especially Germany.

If you've been to both countries, you see how both match their audience.

To prevent any nit picking, I'm not saying the one or the other is the better way!

Just that there are indeed slight differences across the pond, that you need to be aware of.

Both have their pros and cons... :)

Well, yes, there is a difference between US marketing and marketing from countries like Europe. As you said, if you have been in the US and Europe you will note a difference.

I still doubt they will do anything different than any third party in DCS. In a global market, even if it is a German developer, they will probably go for the most common tactic.

I wouldn't even be surprised if there is a ruleset by ED at which point the product will appear in the newsletter and the product page goes up.

I still highly doubt a "silent release". We will hopefully see soon enough though! :joystick:

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walmart learned the hard way that german "customer relations" are different than what's customary in the US...

WE most often smile seeing disco music driven lightshow announcements from Cupertino that "look so casual", but are obviously planned down to each individual word, to manipulate the audience.

WE can take it as typically american, but if a german company is trying this here, or an american company is porting their customary customer relations behavior into a shop here... Well, you smile politely and watch for manipulation, hidden agendas and pricing strategies. ;)

What is pretty normal in the US isn't necessarily normal in Europe, especially Germany.

To prevent any nit picking, I'm not saying the one or the other is the better way!

Just that there are indeed slight differences across the pond, that you need to be aware of.

Fact!

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Well, yes, there is a difference between US marketing and marketing from countries like Europe. As you said, if you have been in the US and Europe you will note a difference.

I still doubt they will do anything different than any third party in DCS. In a global market, even if it is a German developer, they will probably go for the most common tactic.

I wouldn't even be surprised if there is a ruleset by ED at which point the product will appear in the newsletter and the product page goes up.

I still highly doubt a "silent release". We will hopefully see soon enough though! :joystick:

Yep, a "silent release" is unlikely, but I remember them saying more than once they don't want to publish an "unfinished' product, before it is ready.

My guess is, there won't be a pre-sale, just some indications about the status and a prior announcement to the release date and then a product release, either finished, or maybe as Openbeta but in a very very finished state.

Anyway we don't know what the team has in stick for us, so it is just speculating.

Watching this thread, I guess they don't really have to hype their product anyhow. :D :joystick: :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I will have zero patience when I am down loading this module.... ZERO.

Polychops need to have a good spool up vid slug posted pre release! Enough to get us airborne fast and to know our stabs switches.

Finally a lightweight comes knocking on the DCS door... I am calm... I can wait. I can.

Reverse psychology isn't working on me, I am dying here! Take our money!!!

This is an European project... it may even be heavily German influenced.

It will be a point blank release with a statement of "perfect" at release.. and then all teething problems will become reality as usual....

Lets spool up people!

Well, Pat01 is french (well he speaks french at least), and it is a french helicopter made in France. So, I don't know who are the other guys from, but the German influence might be limited.

The big German influence will certainly comes with the BO105.

At least two guys from Germany that founded the Company with Pat01?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Pat01 start the Sa342 alone as a MOD (as some 3rd parties in the pass). A old closed project move the Sa342 start to move on a real 3rd party module. When that old project defunct, and that old 3rd party was closed, They continue your work founding Polychop 3rd Party with old project members and move to complete the Sa342 as a module.

cant agree more! i work in Munich for a German multinational and we and our German customers laugh and actually don't take seriously marketing launches by our American competitors. At the same time, our market launches go unnoticed to our American customers.

I dont believe it is gonna be a silent release though. Polychop, your call

Count it as silence before storm ;-)

Blue Thunder whisper mode confirmed :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Well about how marketing is made depends not only on the country, but also on social background.

But do not worry we do hear all of you, although it is silent at the moment.

The question actually is whether you are planning to have a promotional period or just announce the module when it's ready and put it online right away...

So has the barometer started falling yet, are the storm clouds gathering on the horizon? or do we have a week or so of fine weather ahead?

Do I need to ground all the other aircraft in the hangar and batten down the hatches (we all know helicopters fly better in rough weather right :joystick: )?

:D

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Winds still light and variable here................no sign of that storm yet

:music_whistling:

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Well about how marketing is made depends not only on the country, but also on social background.

2a6sdhs.jpg

We need to be Rescued..........By a Gazelle:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I don't think that will happen in a matter of days. that'll probably be a matter of weeks. I can be wrong tho. I'm reporting any DCS news for my community, following every releases, and i just can't fell it right now. Not that i'm a medium, but every single release was following behind the hype train. I don't see the hype train yet. You guys are excited, but i don't see wags with his jerrican of gas, I don't see much noise from devs either, I don't see flash sales that usually happens before a release.

It will happen "Soon", but honestly, I'd say "two more weeks".

Incredible detail......what an AWSOME module. Just fantastic. Well done all at Polychop.

Are the clouds gathering yet? :joystick: