Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

I am not sure what you are referring to as tactile feedback?

Are you talking about real switches? If so, I dont see how the two are related? Similar if you are talking about gloves to interact with a VR cockpit that also have tactile feedback in the gloves I dont see how they are related?

It would be cool for sure! If I could only have one and not the other then it would be hard choice, I would really like some glove that allowed me to interact with the VR world and have some tactile feedback. I would probably take that over motion if it was a choice of one over the other.

They would all compliment each other fantastically. As Derek points out, $$ is usually an issue for a lot of us and all these things are not cheap.

@Derek, I dont know why tactile is more optimal way to go? I say this only because I dont see a direct comparison between the technologies, they are complimentary. One can work without the other but I dont necessarily see why a choice has to be made between them.

If the only comparison is that you would rather throw some $$ at switches rather than lots of $$ at motion, I completely understand that and that answers my questions above. I havent thrown the $$ at motion either, I have not found a suitable way to do it yet.

I use the term "Tactile Feedback" to mean "anything that drives bass shakers; this can be simple just just a sub or all the way up to the four corner versions with software.

It's more optimal for the reason that you get some sensations of movement without the movement and without the dear expense. One of my technicians uses 4 shakers and sim vibe and swears by it; and has a 6000+ irating. He loves it. If he says it's good, it's good.

Four shakers, an amp and software is a few hundred. A full motion deal is MUCH more. While the two are not identical, you get some feelings of movement in the first case.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the term "Tactile Feedback" to mean "anything that drives bass shakers; this can be simple just just a sub or all the way up to the four corner versions with software.

It's more optimal for the reason that you get some sensations of movement without the movement and without the dear expense. One of my technicians uses 4 shakers and sim vibe and swears by it; and has a 6000+ irating. He loves it. If he says it's good, it's good.

Four shakers, an amp and software is a few hundred. A full motion deal is MUCH more. While the two are not identical, you get some feelings of movement in the first case.

Yep, I have been running simvibe for a while with four shakers. It's probably something that has not made me in a rush to spend more money on another solution.

Get into your BIOS and set your BCS clock from 100 to 125. I have done exactly this on the exact same CPU as you have.

Tried this and something was off. Found a good tutorial and still was having issues, basically machine would try to start a couple times, then bring me to an error screen which would allow me back into the bois and change things back. Does this sound like a power issue? I have this:

850 Watts - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-850M 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply

I figure that should be enough and I just missed a setting but figured I'd start there. Everything I keep reading says OR pulls CPU so I'm thinking this is worth getting working... regardless of how long it takes.

Edited by ♠_Acoustic_♠

Maybe gradually increasing your BCS in increments of 5 is the way to go. Overclocking requires a lot of trial and error. I was just lucky with my settings.

• Like 1

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Is there a d/l for this program? Does it push 4 shakers? There are 62 pages...can someone give me the cribs?

i am yet to use simshaker...

but from that thread it seems very popular.

the forum user, =Andre= seemingly is a polite fellow who answers all questions about simshaker.

the simshaker site is http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/simshaker-and-buttkicker.html

i think it can push what ever number shakers you have according to how many sound outputs you have, but andre best to answer...

ON ANOTHER TOPIC,

I FOUND THIS ON THE REDDIT FORUMS for fsx..

OMG, DCS needs this!!!!

(virtual hands in cockpit)

http://giphy.com/embed/RZqxUkfY3ExCo

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

This is nice! Mounted on the front of Rift makes sense. Looks VERY promising. In fact wouldn't it make sense if Leap Motion was bought by Zuckerburg and Co. and Oculus Rift 2.0 included this technology as a built in feature of the headset?

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

I don't get it :/

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Oh - seems I am out of touch with some things.

Multiplayer gaming with VR is a natural fit, a no-brainer realization likely many have already had. I wonder some times if game developers and even the VR makers themselves even see the potential it has.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

It's full on double rainbows across the sky! Woooo! I just about felt that way when I donned the DK2 for the first time. Here's Oculus' next marketing message:

The Oculus CV1..."For that 'full on double rainbow across the sky' feeling".

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Team Fusian ATAG forums are now suggesting that COD will have Oculus Rift support included with their next big add on V 5.0. rumoured to be somewhere in the MED. Of course the Rift would also work over the BOB theatre. :)

Hi, Chivas. I tried to google "the MED" and "BOB theatre," but I got no relevant hits. Could you explain what they are, please? Thanks

BOB theater could be Battle of Britain? Since ATAG is the Cliffs of Dover guys.

MED I suppose could be Mediterranean or Middle East theater?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hi, Chivas. I tried to google "the MED" and "BOB theatre," but I got no relevant hits. Could you explain what they are, please? Thanks

Cliffs of Dover was the real sequel to the IL-2 series, but the publisher IC released it before it was ready. It was to begin with The Battle of Britain and carry on from there, but the unfinished sim ran poorly on most users systems, as the new game engine had yet to be optimized. THANKFULLY a very talented mod group could see the sims potential, and optimized the game engine so that the sim would run very well on most people's systems. Team Fusian continues to improve the sim, and is even going to add a new theatre rumoured to be somewhere in the Mediterranean theatre. Malta? North Africa?

the price of RIFT DK2 is about 600 $ for today

but its include some stuff i not realy need (Xbox Controller , Controlers and so..)

can i buy only the DK2 ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

the price of RIFT DK2 is about 600 $ for today

but its include some stuff i not realy need (Xbox Controller , Controlers and so..)

can i buy only the DK2 ?

Do you mean CV1?

DK2 is no longer in production. It was mentioned that different rift (CV1) packag s would be available after release which may mean headset only. The only option now is the package which includes Xbone controller.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051